• The KillerFrogs

Max is not the answer

Fiscuits

think an added piece to the run game with max is he struggles making decisions in the option game be it the more conventional option game to the edge (really wish he had pitched to evans on the one in the second half) or the zone read where it seems he has a tendency to hold the ball instead of giving it to the back
Such a great point. He's not great at that. He makes up his mind, before the play starts to run it. To the point, watch the SMU game replay and Cal. On his second option attempt in each game, no one covers the running back. They know he isn't pitching it. So...stop asking him to do it.

Bob Sugar

So are hot chicks…
TDs!!

salma-hayek-sexy.gif

froginmn

The problem is that he can’t hit the deep ball and therefore the defense will crowd the line and jam mid range passing lanes.
The only comparison I have is it’s like watching the usual University of Wisconsin qb at work.
LOL I missed the game so I'm just now watching for the first time. Max has thrown three deep balls.

1) hit Savion Williams in the hands from 50 yards away (dropped)

2) would have hit QJ in the hands from 50 yards away if defender wasn't holding Q's hands

3) hit a wide open Barber on the hands from 40 yards away

Obviously just halfway through a quarter, but he's thrown three long passes and nailed them all.

Spike

LOL I missed the game so I'm just now watching for the first time. Max has thrown three deep balls.

1) hit Savion Williams in the hands from 50 yards away (dropped)

2) would have hit QJ in the hands from 50 yards away if defender wasn't holding Q's hands

3) hit a wide open Barber on the hands from 40 yards away

Obviously just halfway through a quarter, but he's thrown three long passes and nailed them all.

Max is not the answer!!!!!! Gave up 350 yards rushing and 42 points but 7 pages dedicated to blaming the QB.

Rabidfrog

Bottom line is you need more stable play with the qb . He's got to be more reliable.
He's shaky at best.
This game needed an alpha field leader bad.
The closest to that was O Mathis and Z Evans.
If he doesn't improve, the Frogs are gonna waste the roter talent of a very good fb team.
Any way you look at it, he's the final piece.
I think the fumble deep in our end rattled Max. That happens. hopefully, he'll learn a lesson. I am sticking with him.

Wexahu

I think the fumble deep in our end rattled Max. That happens. hopefully, he'll learn a lesson. I am sticking with him.

He tends to hold the ball a fraction too long on deep pass plays and that was a really dumb play call, especially knowing MD's tendency. I think eight mentioned this, it seemed like something that was called at halftime and then when we got the ball inside the 5 they just went with it instead of changing to a more sensible play for the situation.

That was bad, but not having Evans in the game on a key, key, 4th and 1 play was almost unforgivable IMO. He HAS to be the game on that play. If he's not going to get the ball, then as a decoy. The offensive coaching staff (Meacham I guess) just has unexplainable brain farts at times.

Fiscuits

Max is not the answer!!!!!! Gave up 350 yards rushing and 42 points but 7 pages dedicated to blaming the QB.
I agree....when you score points like we do...the QB having some "issues" is not that answer overall. Max is fine. And he could be better if they called more plays to his skill set.

Fiscuits

He tends to hold the ball a fraction too long on deep pass plays and that was a really dumb play call, especially knowing MD's tendency. I think eight mentioned this, it seemed like something that was called at halftime and then when we got the ball inside the 5 they just went with it instead of changing to a more sensible play for the situation.

That was bad, but not having Evans in the game on a key, key, 4th and 1 play was almost unforgivable IMO. He HAS to be the game on that play. If he's not going to get the ball, then as a decoy. The offensive coaching staff (Meacham I guess) just has unexplainable brain farts at times.
He does, but our O line is not "great" at pass blocking. It's erratic.

The Meachum "play calling head scratch" list is so long that it could be it's own forum.

Pharm Frog

FWIW (and it ain’t much when it comes to what GP says about the offense) — He said the player was tired and that’s why he wasn’t in the game.

Wexahu

FWIW (and it ain’t much when it comes to what GP says about the offense) — He said the player was tired and that’s why he wasn’t in the game.

We had called a TO after 3rd down. SMH.

I actually think the offense we are running this year is much better. Very few sideways passes, good mix of run and pass, plenty of shots downfield. It’s the few absolutely boneheaded moves in critical situations that is so frustrating.

vicarfrog

We had called a TO after 3rd down. SMH.

I actually think the offense we are running this year is much better. Very few sideways passes, good mix of run and pass, plenty of shots downfield. It’s the few absolutely boneheaded moves in critical situations that is so frustrating.
Max is neither terrible nor a phenom. He is above average. Short of a few head scratchers, I am pleased with our offense. 34 points should win you a football game.

ticketfrog123

If you made a list of reasons this program is in significant decline you’d be deep into the list before you got to Max.
No he’s a top 10 reason - 3 years starting a QB who wouldn’t get time at KSU

Evans and WRs will transfer out because he’s not a legitimate QB for a program that should be a conference title contender