• The KillerFrogs

Make Your Plans for SATURDAY: Get to The Scholl, huge game!!!

GenXFrog

Hard to recover from the product we put on the floor during the first half.

Sucks. Team should be embarrassed.

Hope they learn and come out better for LSU.

LVH

Reminds me of when I was a student in Jim Christians first year

Started 4-1 in MWC play, first place, had a Saturday Night game against New Mexico with a pretty good crowd and we got blown out.

Purp

Frogs just got kicked around at home with the crowd behind them and by a not that great team.
Texas has been mediocre offensively all season and they just got hot tonight. They shoot like that from 3 at the same rate all season and they could win the conference. They're very talented and very deep. We aren't good enough to play with them when everything they do is working.

We still have a very good team and we definitely laid an egg tonight, but this shouldn't be seen as an indication of how the rest of our season will play out.

WhatTheFrog

I've never seen a team work that hard and lose that bad. Nothing they put up would go in it seemed. Texas had all of the bounces go their way. It was just one of those games that happens from time to time. The arena was full and loud, though. I enjoyed it regardless of the outcome, but it would have been explosive had the game gone our way.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I've never seen a team work that hard and lose that bad. Nothing they put up would go in it seemed. Texas had all of the bounces go their way. It was just one of those games that happens from time to time. The arena was full and loud, though. I enjoyed it regardless of the outcome, but it would have been explosive had the game gone our way.
This seemed to be the reverse image of TCU-ISU last week

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Yes! UT did awesome last night, good shooting and good killer instinct. But not all of our struggles were poor play - especially early when psychology wasn't a factor.

I watched at least a handful of rebound attempts where we were positioned where we normally are, and it bounced hard or a weird way. We hustled, just not effectively. We had a few open, even good, shots that didn't fall. I don't think it was a reflection of how we normally compete. Hopefully we can show something way better when we go to Austin.

westoverhillbilly

Going 0-10 on the first 3 point attempts and 50% from the free throw line until nearly the end of the game will get any team in a downward spiral, especially at home when our guys should be comfortable and adjusted. I like some things about this team, but bad shooting could be our downfall and keep us out of the tourney in March..

Two massive opportunities to yell/scream the Frogs into the tournament are literally happening this week. These games, to put it mildly, are HUGE for the Frogs' resume.

TONIGHT TUESDAY THE 25TH: Texas coming in, #17 NET team in the nation... Tip is at 8pm CT, so plenty of time to get your [ #2020 ] taken care of and get to the Scholl. TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE ON GOFROGS.COM!

SATURDAY THE 29TH: LSU coming in, #10 NET team in the nation... Tip is at 11am, brunch game so tailgating is encouraged. TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE ON GOFROGS.COM!

If you have ever thought of going to a basketball game, these two back-to-back are simply huge for TCU. Going 0-2 is survivable, going 1-1 would be awesome, and going 2-0 would be trajectory-changing.

GET TO THE SCHOLL!
Tomorrow, Saturday, is the Big12/SEC Challenge and AP #19 ranked LSU visits Schollmaier at 11am, the first of TEN Challenge games pitting each BIG 12 team against an SEC team. TCU can start the day off well—it is opportunity for the BIG 12 to better the SEC in one long day. Every game is on one of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU.

A huge opportunity for TCU and the BIG 12 to strengthen its resume for the March Madness tournament. A full Scholl would impress the players, coaches, future recruits, national viewers and the entire TCU community.

Maybe Gary and Kelsey will attend, wearing TCU purple. It would be good for Gary and TCU.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There was nothing about that game which gave confidence for the future. All of the problems since the imbecile disease lay off have gotten worse, not better, and all of the bad tendencies of swan-diving TCU teams of the past are marching out and aligning themselves on the field.

I look at that disaster as a turning point, and the big descent is just beginning...