Looking to try new Fort Worth tex mex place

Paul in uhh

Dos Juanitos on Hemphill

Sammy Food Store in South Arlington

Los Juanitos in North Richland Hills

Los Albertos in Hurst

Tres Betos in North Side

Birria y Cortez over by Texas Wesleyan
Tacqueria Las Fuentes right by the seminary. So good.

Limp Lizard

No, but I did spend a few bucks at a surprisingly good Mexican restaurant here in MN last night.
I'm sure the overall Tex-Mex restaurant is better than 40 years ago when I lived up North (Indiana and Connecticut). I found a couple of passable Mexican Food places. One in Litchfield continually played Willie Nelson music, so that was there.

Indiana was the worse of the two. By far. A big Cal-Mex place opened up but I didn't care for it. If you ordered a bowl of chili you got a bowl of hot ketchup chuck full 'o Navy beans with some chili powder mixed in. Ugh.

First thing when we got back is stop at the El Chico in Irving close to Irving Mall. Luckily this was before El Chico started to play with their menu. Good that was so go after over five years eating what they had up north.

froginmn

I visit Burnsville and Apple Valley in the summer. What’s the restaurant? Any other recommendations?
Las Enchiladas. Pilot Knob and 183rd (technically in Farmington I think). It's small (about a dozen tables) but good and I like to support family restaurants.

I live in Apple Valley; they can't seem to open a good restaurant with lasting power.

Southern Social in Eagan (new) is very good - a mix of different southern styles; I like their chicken, fried green tomatoes, and beignets.

There's a Baker's Ribs in Eden Prairie; I haven't gone yet because they had a fire that temporarily closed them. If you're in DFW you can find them there, but apparently the guy's brother opened the location here.

Jensen's Breakfast is a can't miss in Burnsville.

More broadly there are three landmarks I would definitely recommend - Matt's Bar for burgers (Jucy Lucy with the cheese inside), Murray's downtown Minneapolis for steaks, and Lord Fletchers on Lake Minnetonka for the vibe.

Wexahu

I haven't been to Taco Bell once since I started going to Taco Casa

Taco Casa is like the In N Out Burger of Mexican Fast Food. Small menu, but high quality and done well. Taco Casa also consistently has amazing employees on the level of In N Out or Chick Fil A too
Never been to a Taco Casa but will check it out. Had no idea it was the high class taco fast food place.

Latest posts