• The KillerFrogs

Lions Take a Bite Out of Dalton

He was 11-15 and had some great completions on 3rd down. He also had the team moving down the field, but his OL was called for a hold on a screen play that would have resulted in a first down and put them in the red zone. The interception was a product of the OL not blocking Suh. I personally believe that he would have put some points on the board if he got to play in the second half. It was clear that he settled down after the first two drives.

I've seen him make that throw, so I know he's got it in him. I'm also a realist, and I wouldn't expect any greenhorn QB to step right into that situation, first throw in the league, with a pro bowl caliber DL about to murder him, and make a perfect pass. Someone like Peyton? Yes, make the pass. Give AD time before jumping his nuts. He'll get there.

Yeah and keep in mind Peyton threw 28 INTs his rookie year and only won 3 games.

Frog DJ

Obviously, this isn't an ideal situation to get drafted into, but getting "ruined" in your first year only happens to mentally-weak pusses like David Carr.....
I'm not trying to start an argument with you Houston, because I generally enjoy and agree with your posts, but I disagree with your assessment of David Carr.

Certainly, I have no direct knowledge of David Carr's mental toughness, but I do know several Texans' players from Carr's era, and they would most definitely say he was one of the toughest QB's they've ever played with.

On the other hand, they would be quick to criticize his motivation and dedication, however.

Once again, I'm not trying to argue, but few QB's have suffered as many sacks as Carr, and never once did he complain or blame anyone else.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Endless Purple

I was glancing at some Bengals boards, and a lot seemed looking forward to a chance to draft Luck. Do they not understand that Luck would have done about the same and they really need to get a couple top O-line picks? At least that would be my take on the teams needs.

Houston Frog

I'm not trying to start an argument with you Houston, because I generally enjoy and agree with your posts, but I disagree with your assessment of David Carr.

Certainly, I have no direct knowledge of David Carr's mental toughness, but I do know several Texans' players from Carr's era, and they would most definitely say he was one of the toughest QB's they've ever played with.

On the other hand, they would be quick to criticize his motivation and dedication, however.

Once again, I'm not trying to argue, but few QB's have suffered as many sacks as Carr, and never once did he complain or blame anyone else.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!
No worries, DJ

I actually agree with most all that. He was very physically tough, but IMO didn't have what it took upstairs to succeed. I think most of that had to do with working hard and wanting to be the best (as opposed to just doing what it took to get by).

But really, that's neither here nor there. My point was that I don't think the sacks "got to him" or "ruined him" as a QB, I think he just wasn't a good NFL QB.

Frog DJ

No worries, DJ

I actually agree with most all that. He was very physically tough, but IMO didn't have what it took upstairs to succeed. I think most of that had to do with working hard and wanting to be the best (as opposed to just doing what it took to get by).

But really, that's neither here nor there. My point was that I don't think the sacks "got to him" or "ruined him" as a QB, I think he just wasn't a good NFL QB.
Then - as usual, we agree, Houston.

Overall, I'm just glad the Texans have Matt Shaub, now.

And I can't wait for Sept. 2nd.

Hope to see you in Waco.

Go Frogs! Do It Now

maximilian

... And Gresham, and Bart, and Shipley, and etc.

You mention Bart Johnson over Shipley, and don't mention Simpson at all, which is who is the other starting wide out opposite Green.

And as an aside, can I just reiterate how much Suh should have won that Heisman in 09? I know Mark Ingram is a damn fine RB, and did a great job in his career with Bama, but if Suh isn't the freaking definition of the most dominant player I've seen on either side of the ball in years, then my eyes must be going.