• The KillerFrogs

Liberty game thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
just to be clear, are my expectations wildly excessive if i wish the frogs did better than 7-11 in conference play this year?
I don’t know. Is that a wish or what you expect? I wish they would win a national championship. I expect they will be lower middle of the pack in conference play.

Eight

I don’t know. Is that a wish or what you expect? I wish they would win a national championship. I expect they will be lower middle of the pack in conference play.

based upon the last 4 years i guess it is what we can expect as the frogs are 29-43 over that time.

the bigger question is expecting the frogs to finish at .500 wildly excessive or appropriate

Skip Jansen

just to be clear, are my expectations wildly excessive if i wish the frogs did better than 7-11 in conference play this year?

Fan bases, for the most part, don't have realistic expectations. That's just the nature of the beast. This isn't unique to TCU.

It really depends on where the expectations are born from.

Based on history and tradition, TCU basketball should have almost zero expectations. If you factor in Head Coach salary, Facilities, etc., perhaps they should be higher.

I don't begrudge anyone's expectations because they are born from different places and time.

I understand the skeptics- the team was middling last year, lost a stud and thus far has shown significant offensive efficiency issues. And they made some big blunders down the stretch. But we have 3 new guys that have shown some ability to drive and create (Miles, Todd and Easley) which, combined with an inside presence in Samuel should be a formula to improve offensive efficiency as the season goes on.

Eight

Fan bases, for the most part, don't have realistic expectations. That's just the nature of the beast. This isn't unique to TCU.

It really depends on where the expectations are born from.

Based on history and tradition, TCU basketball should have almost zero expectations. If you factor in Head Coach salary, Facilities, etc., perhaps they should be higher.

I don't begrudge anyone's expectations because they are born from different places and time.

small disconnect between this sentence:

"Based on history and tradition, TCU basketball should have almost zero expectations"

and this sentence:

"If you factor in Head Coach salary, Facilities, etc., perhaps they should be higher. "

i have never bought into the idea that just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it cant and the second one would seem to indicate the commitment of resources has been made to have a competitive program

that would then brings us back to the same question that started this all, what is an appropriate level of expectation for this program based upon the facilities and resources so that we as a fan base aren't wildly excessive

Skip Jansen

Eight-

That was my point. Everyone has different ideas about where expectations come from.

As for what's an "appropriate" level. That's for each person to decide. Everyone views it differently.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
small disconnect between this sentence:

"Based on history and tradition, TCU basketball should have almost zero expectations"

and this sentence:

"If you factor in Head Coach salary, Facilities, etc., perhaps they should be higher. "

i have never bought into the idea that just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it cant and the second one would seem to indicate the commitment of resources has been made to have a competitive program

that would then brings us back to the same question that started this all, what is an appropriate level of expectation for this program based upon the facilities and resources so that we as a fan base aren't wildly excessive
Expecting a Big 12 title is excessive. Expecting .500 conference basketball is probably appropriate and will probably fail to be met.

But that’s just my opinion.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Let’s let the team settle in and gel some. A mix of returning and new players. I am excited about Miles and surprised with Todd early. Easley not bad and O’Bannon. Liberty came in with quality wins. Going to be happy with 3-0 and look forward to improvement.

Eight

Expecting a Big 12 title is excessive. Expecting .500 conference basketball is probably appropriate and will probably fail to be met.

who said a big 12 basketball title?

heck, i am not sure anyone who participated in this thread has openly stated we should be competing for a title.

we just don't want to be overly excessive in shooting for mediocre

Peacefrog

Degenerate
who said a big 12 basketball title?

heck, i am not sure anyone who participated in this thread has openly stated we should be competing for a title.

we just don't want to be overly excessive in shooting for mediocre
You take things very personally for some reason. If you don’t think our fans generally have wild expectations in most sports then I don’t know what to tell you. I can promise you it’s a hell of a lot easier to not have wild expectations than it is to be continually angry because high expectations aren’t met.

My apologies for having a different opinion than you.

Moose Stuff

You take things very personally for some reason. If you don’t think our fans generally have wild expectations in most sports then I don’t know what to tell you. I can promise you it’s a hell of a lot easier to not have wild expectations than it is to be continually angry because high expectations aren’t met.

I expect more of you as poster.

Eight

Let’s let the team settle in and gel some. A mix of returning and new players. I am excited about Miles and surprised with Todd early. Easley not bad and O’Bannon. Liberty came in with quality wins. Going to be happy with 3-0 and look forward to improvement.

don't disagree that there is some positive things in the improvement of farabello, the stability of samuel, and potential i saw today from easley, miles, and todd

the concerns are the dependence on an offense built around beating defenders off the dribble that has struggled the past few seasons and the continued struggles shooting the ball.

frogs only have one more warm up game before they play ou in their first conference game so there isn't a great deal of time in this compressed schedule

Eight

you can disagree all you want me me and the passive aggressive apology is actually some what sad

curious, who on this thread has expressed high or wildly excessive expectation for this program?

Skip Jansen

don't disagree that there is some positive things in the improvement of farabello, the stability of samuel, and potential i saw today from easley, miles, and todd

the concerns are the dependence on an offense built around beating defenders off the dribble that has struggled the past few seasons and the continued struggles shooting the ball.

frogs only have one more warm up game before they play ou in their first conference game so there isn't a great deal of time in this compressed schedule

Eight-

This is a very measured and thoughtful post. My expectation of your next post has risen considerably. :p

Last edited: