• The KillerFrogs

Lets hear your 3 Keys to a Frog Victory..Go

dawg

I just know this guy is pretty fast...

froggzzz.0.gif

FrogLifeYo

Everyone around here always wanted to know what GP could do with top talent...Well he’s finished 3 straight years with the best recruiting classes (on paper) that he’s ever had. I think most of us can see the speed and size of our young depth is better than its ever been. If GP pulls his GP magic (AKA out scheme and out adjust) then we can certainly win this game. I’m ready for kick off

Sebastian S

I just know this guy is pretty fast...

froggzzz.0.gif

I think Ohio State has some speed as well.

They get grouped into "Big 10 slow" but they have some athletes that can go toe to toe with our fastest players.

We aren't going to beat them with sheer speed/athleticism, which is what that play above was.

Going to have to put some wrinkles in there. This is the type of game you work in some trickeration. No shame in that.

Eight

no, the play above was a matter of executing a great play call.

i would suspect that cumbie caught stanford pressing up expecting tcu to try to pound the ball out leaving single coverage on the outside

sometimes the best thing to do is not over think things and the idea we need "trickeration" over execution, well that is overthinking in my mind

Sebastian S

no, the play above was a matter of executing a great play call.

i would suspect that cumbie caught stanford pressing up expecting tcu to try to pound the ball out leaving single coverage on the outside

sometimes the best thing to do is not over think things and the idea we need "trickeration" over execution, well that is overthinking in my mind

Reagor blew by that guy. Wasn't even a match and that dude was trying.

Trickeration helped us with numerous games. May not have needed it to win but sure did put up some points in doing so. Do we even want to call it trickeration or "executing a great play"

BleedNPurple

1. Would have like to have seen a crap thunder fire it up post from coach today.

2. I think for this game we should play both Robinson and Collins - OSU may be thrown off a bit.

3. Keep our defense off the field and wears theirs out - keep it a track meet.

Eight

Reagor blew by that guy. Wasn't even a match and that dude was trying.

Trickeration helped us with numerous games. May not have needed it to win but sure did put up some points in doing so. Do we even want to call it trickeration or "executing a great play"

what are you talking about?

i literally have no idea what you are trying to say.

do you mean that ohio state won't single up on reagor? that reagor won't be able to run past the ohio state corners?

again, the play was a matter of a great situational play call and then the subsequent execution by hill and reagor.

could it happen again? yes

likely? have no idea. kenall sheffield can run with reagor, but we are talking a football game and a football play and not an event at a track meet

i don't understand the whole concept of trying to make what was a basic football play sound like it was some fluke or trick play.

FrogLifeYo

Some defensive perspective...If you subtract two busted defensive plays ( I know it doesn’t work like that) just two little mental errors.... This defense has given ip 321 yards and 5 points TOTAL on the entire season..That’s pretty nasty.

-Busted coverage against Southern
-Tackle the SMU RB who Wallow hit and didn’t wrap

The competition has been awful but I think this defense is salty. It has veterans and Athletes at every level DL, LB, CB, and S. Julius steps up at the corner opposite Gladney and Broadnax can free up Bethley....Look Out.

Eight

Some defensive perspective...If you subtract two busted defensive plays ( I know it doesn’t work like that) just two little mental errors.... This defense has given ip 321 yards and 5 points TOTAL on the entire season..That’s pretty nasty.

-Busted coverage against Southern
-Tackle the SMU RB who Wallow hit and didn’t wrap

The competition has been awful but I think this defense is salty. It has veterans and Athletes at every level DL, LB, CB, and S. Julius steps up at the corner opposite Gladney and Broadnax can free up Bethley....Look Out.

what i am reading from many is for some reason doubt in the talent on this roster and i agree with you that we have some experience, some depth, and some talent.

the toughest thing with young kids is no one knows what they are going to do until they get dropped into a situation.

maybe ohio state jumps on them early and overwhelms them, maybe it is close until something swings the game, but the only way we are going to know is for it to play out.

i don't think we try to play games, i don't think we get overly cute. as you aptly pointed out there is talent on this roster. if the members of the o-line what to follow past members into the nfl time to prove you aren't afraid of the challenge.

ben came back to bump his draft rank, time to get paid tomorrow. lj wants a shot in the nfl same for him.

there are going to be chances to go at them because they are going to dare us to do that. they are going to challenge us and the reason why i believe, heck know this is that they are going to come at us with the same attitude gary has built this program on the past 20 years.

we are not going to fall into a win tomorrow, it will have to be taken, gits are welcome, nothing wrong with properly timed offensive slight of hand, but if we want the win we can not expect to back into it

FrogLifeYo

what i am reading from many is for some reason doubt in the talent on this roster and i agree with you that we have some experience, some depth, and some talent.

the toughest thing with young kids is no one knows what they are going to do until they get dropped into a situation.

maybe ohio state jumps on them early and overwhelms them, maybe it is close until something swings the game, but the only way we are going to know is for it to play out.

i don't think we try to play games, i don't think we get overly cute. as you aptly pointed out there is talent on this roster. if the members of the o-line what to follow past members into the nfl time to prove you aren't afraid of the challenge.

ben came back to bump his draft rank, time to get paid tomorrow. lj wants a shot in the nfl same for him.

there are going to be chances to go at them because they are going to dare us to do that. they are going to challenge us and the reason why i believe, heck know this is that they are going to come at us with the same attitude gary has built this program on the past 20 years.

we are not going to fall into a win tomorrow, it will have to be taken, gits are welcome, nothing wrong with properly timed offensive slight of hand, but if we want the win we can not expect to back into it

I believe All but 2 defensive starters either started or played significant minutes against OU and Stanford.. They’ve seen some adversity and had to battle through it.

Sebastian S

what are you talking about?

i literally have no idea what you are trying to say.

do you mean that ohio state won't single up on reagor? that reagor won't be able to run past the ohio state corners?

again, the play was a matter of a great situational play call and then the subsequent execution by hill and reagor.

could it happen again? yes

likely? have no idea. kenall sheffield can run with reagor, but we are talking a football game and a football play and not an event at a track meet

i don't understand the whole concept of trying to make what was a basic football play sound like it was some fluke or trick play.

Someone posted a video of the Reagors catch at the alamo bowl and said he was pretty fast.

I replied (in summary)- Contrary to popular belief that Big 10 schools are slow, Ohio state is not slow. They are probably as fast as our team across the board.

Yes, that play worked because of execution but mostly because Reagor was that much faster than Stanfords corners. I am saying Ohio State's corners are a lot faster than that.

The chances of that play working against Ohio State is far less than it did against Stanford.

Eight

I believe All but 2 defensive starters either started or played significant minutes against OU and Stanford.. They’ve seen some adversity and had to battle through it.

agreed and collier, issahaku, and summers were all part of the 2014 team and know that if tcu ever wants to be part of the cfp we have to take care of the opportunities provided during the season and leave nothing to chance.

Last edited:

Eight

Someone posted a video of the Reagors catch at the alamo bowl and said he was pretty fast.

I replied (in summary)- Contrary to popular belief that Big 10 schools are slow, Ohio state is not slow. They are probably as fast as our team across the board.

Yes, that play worked because of execution but mostly because Reagor was that much faster than Stanfords corners. I am saying Ohio State's corners are a lot faster than that.

The chances of that play working against Ohio State is far less than it did against Stanford.

screw it, you are right......we don't stand a chance.

our players just don't have the ability to match up with ohio state so i suggest we try "trickeration"

how about something like this:

HolyGrail067.jpg

Sebastian S

screw it, you are right......we don't stand a chance.

our players just don't have the ability to match up with ohio state so i suggest we try "trickeration"

how about something like this:

HolyGrail067.jpg
Overreact much? It's a discussion board. LOL

You remind me of the weather guy on the other thread.

Eight

Overreact much? It's a discussion board. LOL

You remind me of the weather guy on the other thread.

based upon your logic, the two best receivers in the gary patterson era of tcu football should be skye dawson and kolby listenbee because of their foot speed

based upon your logic they should have been able to simply outrun any cornerback they faced especially kolby.

heck for that matter philip epps who ran won of the world's fastest times in track in i believe in '83 should be an all-time great based upon your premise that the play in the bowl game was simply a matter of reagor being faster than the corner.

but they aren't because things such as selling the route, catching the corner peaking in the backfield or on their heels expecting the run all are critical components of a successful play.

things such as waiting to take a shot at a specific match-up out of a specific formation, but you have discounted all of that simply with the mind set a receiver just needs to be faster and to go one step further if the corner has roughly the same speed as the receiver it is no use try to get behind them.

Sebastian S

based upon your logic, the two best receivers in the gary patterson era of tcu football should be skye dawson and kolby listenbee because of their foot speed

based upon your logic they should have been able to simply outrun any cornerback they faced especially kolby.

heck for that matter philip epps who ran won of the world's fastest times in track in i believe in '83 should be an all-time great based upon your premise that the play in the bowl game was simply a matter of reagor being faster than the corner.

but they aren't because things such as selling the route, catching the corner peaking in the backfield or on their heels expecting the run all are critical components of a successful play.

things such as waiting to take a shot at a specific match-up out of a specific formation, but you have discounted all of that simply with the mind set a receiver just needs to be faster and to go one step further if the corner has roughly the same speed as the receiver it is no use try to get behind them.
:D