• The KillerFrogs

Lets hear your 3 Keys to a Frog Victory..Go

TK2000

1. Limit big plays of 25 yards plus
2. Convert 70% of 3rd downs under 5 yards
3. Convert at least 2 turnovers into points

tetonfrog

Key will be forcing turnovers. Osu will score plenty, but if the defense can set up SR with good field position, then it will be easier for him to distribute the ball outside. Frogs have favorable matchups outside-watch the slot WRs on their safeties- and SR will have to make quick, accurate throws.

Curious to see if cumbie Game plans bosa the way Fuente had AD read Jj watt in the rose bowl. We had a couple of big plays on the option early back then.

Gonna be a fun one. Can’t wait to see the full playbook on offense.

AroundWorldFrog

I think our running game will be the key to victory. I want to see DA blow it up and Sewo pound 'em the last quarter and flat run over Bosa's ass at least once.
Need to control the clock.. See above.
Keep the D off the field and limit their offense to FGs.

dawg

1. +2 or better in turnovers.
2. Hold them to under 150 rushing yards and we must rush for over 200. Controlling TOP will be critical. If the defense can force Haskins to have to throw, LRBWHCGMFP will confuse him with an array of blitzes and disguised coverages the likes of which he hasn’t seen before, which will lead to turnovers and incompletions.
3. SR has to be accurate and WRs can’t drop the ball. Offense needs to start strong. “Everyone has a plan until you get hit in the mouth.” We must hit them in the mouth early.

We can do it, but it will take a performance similar to Okie St last year: nearly flawless on both sides of the ball. Personally, like Captain Marko Ramuis, I give us one chance in three. But I’m shelling out nearly $300 for seats in 107 in the belief that Saturday is the one. Wouldn’t miss this one for anything.

Till. Hell. Freezes.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
1. Passing game has to be on point. Shawn can't miss open receivers and Jalen has to catch the ball. That will help open things up for Jet and Sewo.

2. Our secondary has to be on lockdown, no fly zone. If we have busted coverages or mis-communication back there, Haskins will make us pay.

3. TURPIN TIME!!!

H0RNEDFR0G

1) Win the first quarter. Last year TCU was 6-0 when we won the first quarter. 5-3 when we did not.
2) Stretch the field by hitting some deep routes (Robinson or Collins).
3) Get pressure on Haskins, force him to make some bad decisions. He's only thrown 3 passes under pressure this year and one of them was a pick.

Yance

Match their physicality up front on both sides of the ball.
Minimize turnovers
Match their intensity
If we do this, I believe the Frogs' team speed will be a real problem for them.

I'm just curious... I've seen a lot of you speak of "Frog speed" as if OSU doesn't have speed to match. Without doing any research on the Frogs, what are your top 40 times? Do you have that information?

The last I have for OSU comes from last season (6/2017):

DB - Sheffield 4.25
WR - Campbell 4.26
RB - Dobbins 4.32
RB - Weber 4.35
WR - McLaurin 4.36
WR - Dixon 4.37
LB - Booker 4.40

Wexahu

I'm just curious... I've seen a lot of you speak of "Frog speed" as if OSU doesn't have speed to match. Without doing any research on the Frogs, what are your top 40 times? Do you have that information?

DB - Sheffield 4.25
WR - Campbell 4.26
RB - Dobbins 4.32
RB - Weber 4.35
WR - McLaurin 4.36
WR - Dixon 4.37
LB - Booker 4.40

Dumb. So you've got two guys that would have the 3rd and 4th fastest times ever at the NFL combine? Yeah, that's believable. They might be fast, but I think whoever was clocking these guys was in a hurry to get somewhere.

I don't believe any 40 times unless they are electronically timed, and even then, sometimes I don't believe it. Same thing with heights and weights, I don't really believe any of them except what comes out at the combine.

Frog-in-law1995

DB - Sheffield 4.25
WR - Campbell 4.26
RB - Dobbins 4.32
RB - Weber 4.35
WR - McLaurin 4.36
WR - Dixon 4.37
LB - Booker 4.40

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...stest-players-in-2018-121107281/#121107281_14

Tumbleweed

this is the best Ohio State team in years. They have more weapons than you should be allowed.

TCU has to have great defensive tackle play, guard play better than we have seen from TCU and contain the OSU's edges. Rush their QB who btw is very good. Got to jump on them right away and throw them off their rhythm.

We can do that but its going to take max effort.

GP has a wrinkle which will help and so will Sonny. Going to be a fine game and the fans will get their money's worth.

No predictions but it will be close,

Oh and by the way...as a team we're faster than theirs

Go Frogs.

Last edited: