• The KillerFrogs

Learning to play the hand life deals you

Hemingway

I thank you for the prayers but guess in his 26 years Cameron committed enough sin to warrant his being taken out thus making the grief, sorrow and anguish of his death justifiable? I could believe that in my 68 years, I have committed enough sin to make him pop a couple of cancerous tumors into my brain.but why make my wife and family suffer as well? They don’t deserve this

I am sorry I brought up religion. People bring up religion when things are going great though! I guess we just all expect that things end in a Del Webb in our 80s or something. Pay attention to news, hell, two young fathers just went this week. One got hit by a freak wave, the other a riptide got him.

I guess religion is more of a supposed why ____ happens. Not necessarily a formulaic recipe for good fortune. If you could live forever, would you want to?

You're a good man Wes. And at the end of the day you can look yourself in the mirror and know that, a lot of people can't do that. Your family loves you too.

Purp

Not necessarily a formulaic recipe for good fortune.
And I'm sorry I tried to honestly answer the question. It's clear my intended meaning has been misunderstood and/or misconstrued.

You hit the nail on the head with the quoted part. We're told repeatedly Christians will not have the easiest go of life on earth. Those who preach what I've quoted are dangerous.

Chico Dusty

Saw this today:

"Depression is about living while stuck in the past; anxiety is about trying to live in the future...

The calmest place is NOW.

What is it that you want to do with this hour, this day?"

While I agree with the overarching theme of positivity...and the living in the now (which I’m a huge proponent of) the part about depression is not correct. People who suffer from clinical depression, the now is where the pain is, and that pain is an absolute beast and inescapable. The best way someone summed it up for me was - when you go to bed and you have a very bad nightmare and you wake up and think thank to god that was just a dream. The opposite is for someone with depression - sleep is the only reprieve and when you wake up, that’s when the nightmare begins.

Eight

While I agree with the overarching theme of positivity...and the living in the now (which I’m a huge proponent of) the part about depression is not correct. People who suffer from clinical depression, the now is where the pain is, and that pain is an absolute beast and inescapable. The best way someone summed it up for me was - when you go to bed and you have a very bad nightmare and you wake up and think thank to god that was just a dream. The opposite is for someone with depression - sleep is the only reprieve and when you wake up, that’s when the nightmare begins.

i had it explained to me by someone who suffers from ptsd as that feeling you have as kid when you are swimming and you gulp water in, panic a bit, and just get this feeling of being overwhelmed.

difference is as a kid in the pool it is often as simple as just stand up or grab the edge of the pool. completely different when you feel there is no bottom beneath your scrambling feet of there is no edge in sight.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
i had it explained to me by someone who suffers from ptsd as that feeling you have as kid when you are swimming and you gulp water in, panic a bit, and just get this feeling of being overwhelmed.

difference is as a kid in the pool it is often as simple as just stand up or grab the edge of the pool. completely different when you feel there is no bottom beneath your scrambling feet of there is no edge in sight.
Interesting

Last edited: