1. The KillerFrogs

Leap Frog has made the leap

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

1. With all due respect to Dan Jenkins and probably a few other really old-time Frog fans, I don't think anyone had the knowledge of information about TCU, teams and players going back to the 1930s than Leap Frog.

He remembers being at the 1935 TCU-SMU game. Until the last three seasons, he almost never missed a home football game and we made many road trips growing up. I have been to hundreds of baseball (his real TCU sports love since he was a pitcher at North Dallas and played a little semi-pro) and basketball games. Again with knowledge and memories of players and teams going decades back.

I won't go into much more detail and stories but just wanted to let the Frog family here know Leap Frog passed away this morning at the age of 89.

Thanks to Coach P and Schloss who were able to give him many final TCU hurahhs to go with all he had in the 1930s through the 1950s. He never wavered even through all the bad times. A true Frog all the way.

Thanks. dad and me.jpg

2. Hate to hear this. God bless.

3. Leap...I wish you a very Purple Heaven.

nwlafrog, MCFROG III, Salfrog and 2 others like this.
  4. Sorry for your loss. Seems his was a life well lived.
    Prayers for your family.

nwlafrog, GP frog, TopFrog and 2 others like this.
  5. Old Frogs never die....they simply fade away. RIP, Leap

6. Sorry to hear, Top. Seems like he was a great guy who had a hell of a run.

T's & P's to you, Shreve, nwla and everyone else.

7. Leap did seem to have a great life and a created and lead a great family.

nwlafrog, Spike, Sweat Equity and 2 others like this.
  8. Peace and prayers to the family.

nwlafrog, TopFrog and ShreveFrog like this.
  9. Deep peace to all who know and love Leap.

10. 2020 (starting Dec 2019) sucks. So sorry to hear this. :( Thank you for posting Top.

nwlafrog, ShreveFrog and TopFrog like this.
  11. My condolences to all of you, you're good folks.

12. So sorry for your loss. Blessings, though, for a life well lived.

13. Looks like Leap made his last post here in the 3 favorite all time TCU basketball players thread. Next to last was his comment following our win over Baylor in basketball that Baylor hasn’t won conference in basketball since 1950? And won’t make it this year either. Seems like Leap was on this site all the way back to the mid 90’s and always a great fan and gentleman. Rest In Peace.

14. News to me. One of my favorite all time on here. Miss you already, Leap.

15. I wrote more extensively about Leap in Shreve's thread, but I wanted to send my sincere condolences to you too, Top.

Go Frogs!

16. Riff Ram...Leap Frog. Rest peacefully.

17. My sincerest condolences to you Top, Shreve, and Mrs. Leap. I am a very blessed man for getting to know you guys.

nwlafrog and TopFrog like this.
  18. Sad to hear the news of the passing of a great frog. My condolences to Top, Shreve, and Mrs Leap and NWL

nwlafrog and TopFrog like this.