• The KillerFrogs

Kyan Anderson

mark32

North Crowley PG and Providence signee has been released from his scholarship. This young man would be a great addition to the TCU basketball team. Averaged over 20 pts a game his jr and sr seasons.

Gunner

North Crowley PG and Providence signee has been released from his scholarship. This young man would be a great addition to the TCU basketball team. Averaged over 20 pts a game his jr and sr seasons.

Why the change of heart? Did the Providence coach get fired? Isn't that the hi school where Moss came from?

We are one point guard away from having a super recruiting class. Pretty good as it is. I'm on the Christian bandwagon.. :biggrin:

We should absolutely be talking to Kyan, I would be shocked if we weren't. Christian has a full plate right now trying to figure out the rest of this class and bringing in two new assistants.

Sounds like a coach protecting and helping his former players. Eric Haut returns to his alma mater as the #1 assistant. When the current coach succeeds and moves on, Haut will move up to his dream job. That's how Kent operates. They advance the first assistant. Gates is from Chicago and returns home. Both are now also employed in a good spot if, unfortunately, things don't work out here. They didn't jump; they were guided and helped. That's the type of person JC is. He would have been better served by keeping them both in the middle of an obviously key recruiting period.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Sounds like a coach protecting and helping his former players. Eric Haut returns to his alma mater as the #1 assistant. When the current coach succeeds and moves on, Haut will move up to his dream job. That's how Kent operates. They advance the first assistant. Gates is from Chicago and returns home. Both are now also employed in a good spot if, unfortunately, things don't work out here. They didn't jump; they were guided and helped. That's the type of person JC is. He would have been better served by keeping them both in the middle of an obviously key recruiting period.

So you had to create that acct to post that BS explanation?

No questions guys moving back into their comfort zone but the rest is ridiculous.

whatup1

I love how Feisty knows it all on these boards yet he doesn't even post under a real name so if he screws up no one will know it was him!!

DickBumpastache

Anderson had an issue with his wrist at the end of last year that seemed to affect him. I don't know much about how that has affected interest in him, but when he's healthy he's very good.

Salfrog

Tier 1

So what you're saying is that even Christian knows he may be in over his head. Now he is telling his assistants to look for other jobs because he knows his time here is about to run out. That's rather interesting. Then why waste our time and money & resign?

How does he plan on getting any top notch assistants to come here if they see that it may only be a 1 or 2 year stint?

whatup1

No but I dont post half false/half true information. You have no connections in the athletic office, and you merely report hear/say. I dont call myself "Feisty" the recruiting guru. Im not on here posting 19, 758 times. Goodness get a life

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
No but I dont post half false/half true information. You have no connections in the athletic office, and you merely report hear/say. I dont call myself "Feisty" the recruiting guru. Im not on here posting 19, 758 times. Goodness get a life

I love irony.

BTW on one thread you are defending a guy who saying CJC is a swell guy for helping his assts jump off safely from a sinking ship, on another you are defending his recruiting saying he is building a program. Are you a little dazed & confused? Need an Excedrin?

whatup1

I appreciate your sarcasm, as it is directly in line with most of your posts....that is not based on much fact.

Why you hate Jim Christian so much is beyond me. He came to TCU with only 3 scholarship players on the roster, and he is building a team that will play his game. Whether those players come from high school, junior college, or Mars, it does not matter to me. Christian has the experience and knows better than anyone on this board what his team needs to be more competitive, so why can't we at least wait and see how this season pans out...

Did you ask his assistants if they were jumping off a sinking ship or just advancing their own careers? No-you are making stuff up and assuming which is normal for your posts.

Taking the #1 assistants job at Kent State is a great move for Armon Gates! How can you fault that?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I appreciate your sarcasm, as it is directly in line with most of your posts....that is not based on much fact.

Why you hate Jim Christian so much is beyond me. He came to TCU with only 3 scholarship players on the roster, and he is building a team that will play his game.

Talk about incorrect facts, try again on that 3 scholly players. He played 11 differnent players that were on scholly when he got here and that was his best season.

Also, how long does it take to build a team, especially going the JUCO route. 2 maybe 3 years at most?

whatup1

you are wrong! When he took the job and stood at the podium to announce it, he had 3 scholarship players. HE BROUGHT IN MORE PLAYERS THAT WERE ON SCHOLARSHIP THAT YEAR.

But 11? Are you drunk Feisty? Walk over to the basketball offices at TCU and ask if you do not believe me.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
you are wrong! When he took the job and stood at the podium to announce it, he had 3 scholarship players. HE BROUGHT IN MORE PLAYERS THAT WERE ON SCHOLARSHIP THAT YEAR.

But 11? Are you drunk Feisty? Walk over to the basketball offices at TCU and ask if you do not believe me.

None of the 11 were brought in by CJC and I don't have to walk over to the basketball office, I, unlike you, can count. Here are the 11:

Langford, Hackett, Morones, Ebie, Tauscher, Scott, Salter, Mitchem, Parker, Ortiz & Owens. All of these players were on scholly, contributed (they actually played) during CJC's 1st season when he went 14-16 and all were brought in by the previous staff. In addition Ryan Wall was on the team but not on scholly until after CJC got here.