• The KillerFrogs

Jordan Roos-Celina

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Think I'll focus on a few OL the next few days as it appears a lot of people interested where TCU goes as far as the big guys with these last few spots

Start with some names not bandied about a lot..

Jordan Roos 6-6/300/5.2 Celina, TX OC at Celina is TCU great Bill Elliott and he has trained Jordan well. Roos has offers from Co. Purdue, the military schools and others but has really showed well in camps this summer including at TCU, UT and OU. Basically dominated at all 3 camps and interest has definitely picked up from bigger programs.

Can play OT or OG but needs to be a little quicker for a LT.

Impressive....

Sticks with his blocks very well and seems to have

an incredibly high percentage of pancake blocks.

What's his time in the 40?

Raw Frog

anybody know how Trey Keenan has done in some of these summer camps?
I know he has committed to Tech, but we could probably take him away from them if we wanted to.

cdsfrog

Thats pretty damn good for 300 lbs. More importantly if he wanted to move positions he could shave 2/10s off that time with the right workout. At least one for sure.

When I ran track in highschool I got my 100m time down multiple tenths. Just enough to get into the 1st heat in every race and get my butt kicked.......

cdsfrog

I know he has committed to Tech, but we could probably take him away from them if we wanted to.

I simply don't understand TCU's position when it comes to recruiting offensive lineman this year. So far it has been an epic failure in that regards to an otherwise legendary 2012 recruiting year

14 recruits and zero offensive lineman. Keenan wanted TCU, had 16 offers, every single one from FBS schools save Boise State and Airforce.

I just dont get it

Waccy Frog

I didn't know Keenan committed to Tech. To me, TCU's lack of interest in him is one of the true mysteries of 2012 recruiting.

FrogsMcGee

Keep hearing that we won't pursue interior lineman this year. It's tackle or bust, so to hear you say that he would need to get quicker to play tackle makes me think he's probably not in the picture.

edit: Although reading the ESPN eval, it sounds like he does have the athleticism to play tackle.

February is a long way away....I would like to see TCU grab a great OL athlete (winning seasons are made from the OL), but in CGP I trust. Who wouldn't want to play with our offensive weapons? You have a 70% chance to make it in the NFL with these offensive weapons and coach.

cdsfrog

Geeze! I never realized how extensive keenan's offer list was... I guess we were one of the few that didn't want him.

exactly.

And plenty of those teams evaluate talent extremely well.

Guess we are being picky but so far we have failed on multiple lineman, I am sure Fiesty knows the exact number. Is there anywhere that shows a list of all the players TCU has offered?

If not that would be awesome to see. A offer list by team

Screaming Flea

Celina has two big boys who will play D-1 football somewhere. One is 6'4" and the other is 6'6" (Jordan). Bill is the assistant coach and probably will take over for the current head coach, Butch Ford next year. Many feel Celina has a chance to win state title number nine in 2011. The only thing that concerns many of us is the QB. Just don't think he sees the field well and makes poor choices. However, Bill has a son who is a QB with great promise. He's about 6'3" and just eeks of potential. I have to believe he will assume the role of starting QB three or four games in. He is only a freshmen so the youngster just needs game reps. Believe TCU could get both of these big boys if they wanted. Dan Sharpe is on top of it, that's for sure.<BR> <BR>(Think the big Argyle boy, Keenan would visit TCU. Don't think he's that solid a TT recruit has many have portrayed. That's the word up this way anyway.)

cdsfrog

February is a long way away....I would like to see TCU grab a great OL athlete (winning seasons are made from the OL), but in CGP I trust. Who wouldn't want to play with our offensive weapons? You have a 70% chance to make it in the NFL with these offensive weapons and coach.

me likey this list

http://tcu.247sports...Football/O-LINE

Problem is we lost out of pretty much all of these. 4 are left and probably only 3 are even possible candidates

talor

Well actually, after reading their profiles on espn and rivals, it looks like Roos would be more ready sooner than Keenan would if we could land Roos.

The write up on Roos is quite complimentary. He has a good 30 lbs on Keenan also. Rivals has Keenan ranked higher, ESPN has Roos higher. Call it even...except for the 30 lbs that is.

TCUhornedfrog93

Celina has two big boys who will play D-1 football somewhere. One is 6'4" and the other is 6'6" (Jordan).

Bill is the assistant coach and probably will take over for the current head coach, Butch Ford next year. Many feel Celina has a chance to win state title number nine in 2011. The only thing that concerns many of us is the QB. Just don't think he sees the field well and makes poor choices. However, Bill has a son who is a QB with great promise. He's about 6'3" and just eeks of potential. I have to believe he will assume the role of starting QB three or four games in. He is only a freshmen so the youngster just needs game reps.

Believe TCU could get both of these big boys if they wanted. Dan Sharpe is on top of it, that's for sure.

That would be great. This could also possibly create some more interest for 2013 o-lineman Jake Raulerson. I've heard on here that UT is the favorite for him but you never know what could draw someone where.

FrogsMcGee

Guys, remember that last year we were keeping Carter Wall warm during the fall while he was committed to SMU. As our class came down to the wire and as we evaluated senior tape on him, we decided to go ahead and offer him. I think there could be a similar opportunity with Keenan. It's clear we only have one spot this year and it's for a tackle. Given that numbers are tight, we are obviously not in a rush. There are options out there that would love to have TCU offers. We are in a position that we can re-evaluate these kid's senior performances, make sure they remain healthy, and then make an even more educated offer.

Panic not.

Gunner

Believe Roos is a guard. Not much to criticize in that film.

I think we still have an offer out on Lutui, also a guard.

Think we still take 2 OL's in this class. Shouldn't be a class without at least 2 OL's.

Heard yesterday they are moving Pierson to guard on offense. Some thought he was a DT for sure. He's 6'2 300 or so.

Think they are looking for another road grater like Cannon at tackle.