• The KillerFrogs

Johnathan Gray will commit to

Burner1

Tier 1
No one should underestimate the Snake Oil Salesman.

Eventually, it will come down to Gray's character, because there is a vast difference between the character of the players and coaches in Fort Worth and those in Austin. He has to choose where he fits in best, and if he thinks that is Austin, so be it.

2314@work

Contributor

Eventually, it will come down to Gray's character, because there is a vast difference between the character of the players and coaches in Fort Worth and those in Austin. He has to choose where he fits in best, and if he thinks that is Austin, so be it.

I disagree. It's funny reading all this (stuff) people write about people they don't know.
I would hate it if JGray goes to UT.
But that will have nothing to do with his character. His character is outstanding. He doesn't drink, he stays our of trouble and he makes good grades. And he is a hard worker and a team player.
Please don't attack his character by saying he has none if he signs with UT.

ReedFrawg

I disagree. It's funny reading all this (stuff) people write about people they don't know.
I would hate it if JGray goes to UT.
But that will have nothing to do with his character. His character is outstanding. He doesn't drink, he stays our of trouble and he makes good grades. And he is a hard worker and a team player.
Please don't attack his character by saying he has none if he signs with UT.

I have to agree. Seems like a great kid and we should be classy and wish him well wherever he goes. A couple weeks ago everyone on here was saying we shouldn't boo opposing teams - well then let's act the same way when a kid chooses another school. (For what it's worth, I am one of the few who doesn't mind the booing:).

maximilian

This statement annoys me to no end. We offer several kids every year who UT also offers. Are they all of a sudden entitled or don't want to work because they chose Austin over Fort Worth?

I agree with you when you say he's going to pick where he fits in best, but don't hint at his character being anything less than top notch, TCU or UT. That nonsense is something Aggies stoop to when they lose recruits to UT, not us.

Rabble Rouser

This is a stupid opinion. His character was already given the "CGP stamp of approval" by getting an offer...

denverfrog

Hope he ends up here. But, if he feels that he fits better down there, so be it. Everything that I have seen is this guy has done it the right way. He has been to TCU numerous times as well as several other schools he is considering. He has never come off like its "all about me" and he has given us a fair shake. If he decides to go to UT then good luck to him and I hope he has a great career.
But, some Austin village idiot writing that he is going to UT doesn't make it so. I will wait until I hear it from JG.

I think he signs with TCU. I'd be quite surprised if ends up in Austin.

+1

It is funny how TCU fans hear he is going to choose UT and what I am hearing from my UT friends and other UT fans they say Gray will pick TCU (at one time all my UT friends were saying Gray was going to UT now they have changed their tune).

Gray will do the best thing for him, both schools will get him to the NFL and provide him all the recognition he could ever ask for. If he is THAT good it doesn't matter what school he goes to. So I think the decision will end up with what school can provide him the best education and what school he believes will allow his parents to see him play. I think UT and TCU are equal across the board with what each can provide him. I think he can be a bigger star at TCU, but UT has the bigger draw being the state school and having it's own TV channel. So this will be interesting how it all falls into place.

joejordan

No it won't, asshat. Read the above posts. He is still a great guy if he goes to UT.
Breaking my cardinal rule responding to Lloyd Christmas here, but I do want to be clear. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this recruits character, before or after any decision he makes, but whatever it is, it will not be a reflection of the school, because we are what we are. It will be a reflection of his priorities, judgment and personal success perceptions.

I will now return to ignoring the juvenile antics of Lloyd Christmas.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Gray is another of those kids I will root for no matter where he signs, yes even if UT.

I don't personally know the young man, but you never hear anything but positive about him or coming from him, Whichever school lands him will be getting an outstanding person not just a great runningback and I predict he wil represent himself and the school very well for years to come.

Certainly I hope he picks TCU, but he has handled the process extremely well. Every school he visits he emphaszes the positives in comments and really hasn't given much in ways of clues where he will sign beyond stating he has his top 3.

Whichever program lands him will be getting a good one on & off the field.

JimSwinkLives!

Gray is another of those kids I will root for no matter where he signs, yes even if UT.

I don't personally know the young man, but you never hear anything but positive about him or coming from him, Whichever school lands him will be getting an outstanding person not just a great runningback and I predict he wil represent himself and the school very well for years to come.

Certainly I hope he picks TCU, but he has handled the process extremely well. Every school he visits he emphaszes the positives in comments and really hasn't given much in ways of clues where he will sign beyond stating he has his top 3.

Whichever program lands him will be getting a good one on & off the field.

+1

tcumaniac

This statement annoys me to no end. We offer several kids every year who UT also offers. Are they all of a sudden entitled or don't want to work because they chose Austin over Fort Worth?

I agree with you when you say he's going to pick where he fits in best, but don't hint at his character being anything less than top notch, TCU or UT. That nonsense is something Aggies stoop to when they lose recruits to UT, not us.

+1

i hate UT more than anything, but it is complete ignorance to criticize a kid's character based on picking one school over another. Both UT and TCU have phenominal programs. He's a great guy no matter which school he chooses... and to be honest, i couldn't blame him if he chooses UT.

2314@work

Contributor
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this recruits character,
Then write it that way, retard. Maybe you should quit posting on message boards. Lloyd who? Is this another cartoon character you childish sorts enjoy watching? Grow up, "crunch."