• The KillerFrogs

Johnathan Gray will commit to

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
charlie-sigh.jpg

Rabble Rouser

FWIW

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011/03/29/texas-recruiting-big-cigar-update/

I had a chance to catch up with my friend who recently has been a little more hesitant to provide the ‘Cosm with inside information due to the “Internet Is Serious Business” conflict in the year of our Lord 2011. After assuring him that his identity was even more secure after our acquisition by SBnation.com (since they use wombats instead of hamsters to power their server) he relented with some very interesting news.

First we’ll start with the headliner – Johnathan Gray and the interweb roller coaster of rumors floating hither and yon.

JS: So it sounds like TCU and perhaps even A&M have become major players since last we talked. We had Johnathan as 95% to Texas in our last update, should we ratchet that number down a bit after all of this rumor and innuendo from the various sites?

Big Cigar: I don’t like percentages but I understand your readers do, but let’s just say your number may be too low. Remember, Gray’s people told us he was coming to Texas to share the backfield with Malcolm Brown and nothing has changed. Our staff is still confident he’s coming and so are Malcolm Brown’s folks. Like I told you before, this thing is going to go down before the summer starts because the staff wants Gray to provide some recruiting momentum to land the two stud offensive linemen we’re after. If you want to, put it like this: Gray is as close to a commit as you can get and it’s been that way for a long while despite what you hear from other sources.

JS: Then why is he taking other visits to other schools?

Big Cigar: I’ll tell you after he’s signed, sealed, and delivered.

Genbukan

Every school in the country would love to have J. Gray - TCU included. He'll have a sucessful career where ever he ends up.

BUT..... I think the most important recruit for the frogs is Dominique Wheeler. Yes, even more important that J. Gray. I think Wheeler is more of a game changer - think Jeremy Kerley moves with Skye Dawson acceleration.

Would love to have them both.

tcumaniac

FWIW

http://recruitocosm....g-cigar-update/

I had a chance to catch up with my friend who recently has been a little more hesitant to provide the 'Cosm with inside information due to the "Internet Is Serious Business" conflict in the year of our Lord 2011. After assuring him that his identity was even more secure after our acquisition by SBnation.com (since they use wombats instead of hamsters to power their server) he relented with some very interesting news.

First we'll start with the headliner – Johnathan Gray and the interweb roller coaster of rumors floating hither and yon.

JS: So it sounds like TCU and perhaps even A&M have become major players since last we talked. We had Johnathan as 95% to Texas in our last update, should we ratchet that number down a bit after all of this rumor and innuendo from the various sites?

Big Cigar: I don't like percentages but I understand your readers do, but let's just say your number may be too low. Remember, Gray's people told us he was coming to Texas to share the backfield with Malcolm Brown and nothing has changed. Our staff is still confident he's coming and so are Malcolm Brown's folks. Like I told you before, this thing is going to go down before the summer starts because the staff wants Gray to provide some recruiting momentum to land the two stud offensive linemen we're after. If you want to, put it like this: Gray is as close to a commit as you can get and it's been that way for a long while despite what you hear from other sources.

Big Cigar: I'll tell you after he's signed, sealed, and delivered.

boo

amfurman10

Recruitcosom is the biggest joke on the internet. They will literally throw anything they can find against a wall and try to see if they can get it to stick.

Smitty

To be quite honest, he has a better chance of playing immediately with Texas. We are top-heavy with backs.

Wasn't his dad quoted saying that they are looking for a playing environment where Gray will be able to share carries with other backs? Something about the longevity of his career and that he didn't want to be over-worked all 4 years in college. Does any one know what I'm talking about? Fiesty?

TCUFrogs

FWIW

I had a chance to catch up with my friend who recently has been a little more hesitant to provide the 'Cosm with inside information due to the "Internet Is Serious Business" conflict in the year of our Lord 2011. After assuring him that his identity was even more secure after our acquisition by SBnation.com (since they use wombats instead of hamsters to power their server) he relented with some very interesting news.

First we'll start with the headliner – Johnathan Gray and the interweb roller coaster of rumors floating hither and yon.

Big Cigar: I don't like percentages but I understand your readers do, but let's just say your number may be too low. Remember, Gray's people told us he was coming to Texas to share the backfield with Malcolm Brown and nothing has changed. Our staff is still confident he's coming and so are Malcolm Brown's folks. Like I told you before, this thing is going to go down before the summer starts because the staff wants Gray to provide some recruiting momentum to land the two stud offensive linemen we're after. If you want to, put it like this: Gray is as close to a commit as you can get and it's been that way for a long while despite what you hear from other sources.

JS and Big Cigar are the same person. Jesus is interviewing himself.

And that site has been very inaccurate in the past.

cdsfrog

FWIW

ghey

TCUSA

I disagree. It's funny reading all this (stuff) people write about people they don't know.
I would hate it if JGray goes to UT.
But that will have nothing to do with his character. His character is outstanding. He doesn't drink, he stays our of trouble and he makes good grades. And he is a hard worker and a team player.
Please don't attack his character by saying he has none if he signs with UT.

Don't think he said that--I think he was talking about the players around him--and Austin is not a paragon of virtue in college football...by a long shot.

joefrog91

There was a recruting guy on Bill King's show yesterday saying UT is still going to get Gray. Said TCU and A&M are recruiting him hard, but TX will land him.

PhillyFrog

At this point I think they're nothing but an echo chamber. "I think he will, I think he will, I think he will...".

Cognitive dissonance is funny to watch sometimes.

There was a recruting guy on Bill King's show yesterday saying UT is still going to get Gray. Said TCU and A&M are recruiting him hard, but TX will land him.