1. The KillerFrogs

Jack Hesselbrock Retiring

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Stables Bartender, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Jack was the "Man Behind the Curtain" in Athletics. Got a lot of stuff done throughout the years. He will be missed.

JogginFrog, tetonfrog, YA and 4 others like this.
  2. Jack is a wonderful man and he will be missed. I can sympathize because I have the same sort of thing happening to me. I can still work and drive, but is is getting increasing more difficult. I hope Jack’s condition improves, and he will be able to continue his Association with TCU. We need him.
    GO FROGS!
    BEAT tosu!
    Spit Blood~~<~<and scheiss baylor!!

3. Love you, Jack. So sorry that you are having to fight this health issue. I will never forget all the great things you did for our team and the school. And everyone still gets a kick out of the story of my singlehandedly wiping out your tutoring budgets from at least 3 sports as I helped baseball, tennis, swimmers, divers, football and track to pass Professor Hensley 's Financial Accounting class. Fun times. God bless!

Double D likes this.
  4. Hesselbrock, along with countless others, has played an invaluable role in helping the University attain the

position of prominence that it enjoys today. Good luck and enjoy a well-earned retirement.

Leap Frog likes this.
  5. He saw me looking over the new stadium when it was first built.
    Asked me if I would like a tour with him-- of course I would, and he was very gracious.
    I will never forget that from a great man. God bless him on his journey.

6. Jack could often be seen sitting at the scorer's table for volleyball. He was a TCU institution for athletics. His contribution will be sorely missed as his knowledge was learned over decades. God bless him and his family.

7. Always wondered what happened to Prof Hensley.

8. Jack Hesselbrock will be joining the KillerFrogs Podcast tonight as we introduce a new Segment titled: Memories of Purple Past

Leap Frog likes this.
  9. They need to put his name on something.

Leap Frog, tetonfrog, Salfrog and 2 others like this.
  10. Good luck Jack. Enjoy your well earned retirement.

11. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=sanoa-falmlen-hensley&pid=189494095&fhid=4250

She used to give us a quiz every Monday, it was take home if the football team won. Tim Schade (QB) sat right in front of me. Every week as we took that quiz in class after the inevitable loss she would say “hey, it’s not my fault people”, blame HIM”. I was pretty happy with my B.

12. Passed away last summer. I linked the obit in the above post.

Bill Bozeat likes this.
  13. as I turned in my final exam, she looked at me and said " if you put in a little effort you could have done very well in this class. I told her " Yea but look at all the girl chasing I would have missed" circa 1973
    Greatest teacher I ever had at TCU

Moose Stuff likes this.
  14. Agree..... I had her in 1990. The lady was slightly terrifying but easily one of my favorites.

Bill Bozeat likes this.
  15. She was Judge Judy before Judge Judy

16. Registering for classes early with Jack in his Moncrief office a month before the rest of the student body was always one of my favorite football perks/privileges....

Jack is a great dude...

17. Jack is a classy guy and has always been a true Frog. Best wishes for his health and I hope he enjoys a long, fruitful retirement.

18. I may have been in your class.

Edit: saw your other note about Tim Schade. Don't remember Wacker's nephew being in my class.

19. I can say without reservation that TCU would not be where it is today without Jack. Great man who made incredible contributions to this school.

tcuwags likes this.