• The KillerFrogs

It may be happening folks…. GP

Well, damn. Stubborn to the end.

Very sad that he chose to act like a child when the situation called for dignity...
it was not just gary. this was scheissed up from the beginning.
those of us on the calls are sick to our stomach. the fact that victor and jd are leading the search is frustrating. neither hired anyone in athletics of significance. jd was gc for leigh prior to tcu for heavens sake. it didn't need to go this way.
tcu pissed off a lot of people today on how this was handled. gary first. i would have left too.

Moose Stuff

Ni

Not exactly

It needed to happen but the way it has gone down just shows our entire Leadership related to athletics has no business being in charge and if they are who will pick our next head coach - we are screwed since the obvious answer isn’t here already - which is what allowed donors to fix the baseball situation before it was screwed up
If that’s exactly how it went down what could the leadership have done differently?

tcumaniac

those of us on the calls are sick to our stomach. the fact that victor and jd are leading the search is frustrating. neither hired anyone in athletics of significance. jd was gc for leigh prior to tcu for heavens sake. it didn't need to go this way.
tcu pissed off a lot of people today on how this was handled. gary first. i would have left too.
Share all the dirty details. Sounds like TCU deserves it.

Moose Stuff

I guess I’m not following. If he was gonna be let go how should they have handled it differently? Honest question.

froginmn

I'm very saddened by the way this went down; despite a few mediocre years at the end, Gary still brought me some experiences I never thought possible at TCU.

I didn't like the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] threads being posted ("fire Gary", "Gary you suck") and I'm sure he wasn't happy with that type of reaction. Yep, he made a lot of money. But he produced a hell of a lot of money for the school. It will be interesting to see whether the next guy can come close to his impact, or if the guy after that can.

I understand the desire to pile on (well, not really) but I for one have great appreciation for what he did and the way he did it.

Farewell Gary, and thank you!

Eight

Sad ending. But unless Kill can make a miracle and get the Frogs in a bowl, wish Patterson could have received a going away tour.

could or would accept?

if it played out the way it is being reported he made the choice to leave. no matter what happened it isn't a good look that someone who would preach about effort and finishing the job opted to walk away before the end of the season

FWTFrog

I'm very saddened by the way this went down; despite a few mediocre years at the end, Gary still brought me some experiences I never thought possible at TCU.

I didn't like the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] threads being posted ("fire Gary", "Gary you suck") and I'm sure he wasn't happy with that type of reaction. Yep, he made a lot of money. But he produced a hell of a lot of money for the school. It will be interesting to see whether the next guy can come close to his impact, or if the guy after that can.

I understand the desire to pile on (well, not really) but I for one have great appreciation for what he did and the way he did it.

Farewell Gary, and thank you!

That happens with every coach once their time has run out. Mack had to deal with far worse.