• The KillerFrogs

It may be happening folks…. GP

Horny 4 Life

I wanted a change, but I would've liked a victory tour for the man who rebuilt this program. I hope that he gets the chance to be properly thanked in the very near future.

Also, this is why you don't put statues of active coaches on campus. They should've put that thing in a shed somewhere.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Lots to say in the future, now’s not the time. Things have moved very quickly the last few weeks.

Regardless of how I’ve felt the last few years, I’m incredibly sad in this moment for TCU and Gary… Nobody wanted to end things this way, even if the sentiment turned on keeping GP long term.

At the end of the day, nobody tells GP what to do and he has always wanted to control his future and how he departs. When it became clear to him things weren’t going his way, he took the only road he thought he could. Again, I’m very sad this is where we are.

Now begins the most important few months in the history of TCU. The decisions made very well may define TCU’s fate for the next few decades as an institution.
It’s sad to Steel that what will define tCU as an institution in the coming decades will be defined by the football program…

You may well be correct but Steel suspects bigger forces will determine the fate of tcu and other institutions of higher education

flyfishingfrog

Ni
My source of info says that Donati and Vic simply told him that he would not be returning as head coach in 2022, and that they would be interested in him continuing his relationship with TCU in some capacity, but he elected to end the "relationship" immediately. Looks like Kill will be the interim coach for now.
Not exactly

It needed to happen but the way it has gone down just shows our entire Leadership related to athletics has no business being in charge and if they are who will pick our next head coach - we are screwed since the obvious answer isn’t here already - which is what allowed donors to fix the baseball situation before it was screwed up

Mr. Bigglesworth

I loved Gary and he put us on the map deserves everything he’s received. He’s been memorialized at tcu and we owe a big part of the school to him. He was rewarded with money from tcu and this is a business after all, so there can’t be too much bad blood on either side. I hope there won’t be because it’ll be great to have him still around the school. Im excited for the future though. Out of the darkness

Wexahu

Ni

Not exactly

It needed to happen but the way it has gone down just shows our entire Leadership related to athletics has no business being in charge and if they are who will pick our next head coach - we are screwed since the obvious answer isn’t here already - which is what allowed donors to fix the baseball situation before it was screwed up
Not sure a storybook or proper ending was possible with GP.

Eight

I wanted a change, but I would've liked a victory tour for the man who rebuilt this program. I hope that he gets the chance to be properly thanked in the very near future.

Also, this is why you don't put statues of active coaches on campus. They should've put that thing in a shed somewhere.

$6M a year for 1 conference championship in the last 10 years is pretty proper thank you

in regards to a chance to address the fansbase, alums, etc at the end of a game at amon g chances are he had a say in how this worked out