• The KillerFrogs

It hurts so bad

TCUdirtbag

Just means that 80% that go into journalism of the recent past and now, lean one way.

Possible counter-point: the leader of one party attacks their industry every day and their colleagues are getting bombs in the mail, so perhaps they have some non-political self interests in how the election turns out. [This argument could be made from a capitalist and/or safety perspective without involving politics.]

Another possible counter-point: the small segment of people who objectively consume the avalanche of current events/news are coming to similar conclusions on the best path forward. [This argument can be made without political bias, but almost all on one side of the debate has a near-zero percent chance of accepting it. This is the argument for editorial board endorsements, though.]

Last edited:

ftwfrog

Can we get buses and take them to Betos house and all the other liberals politicians and journalists homes and send them in to live there permanently. I mean they want open borders and unlimited immigration so they can take care of all of them. If they can’t for help them set up homeless camps on their multimillion dollar estates. If they calm the police to remove the squatters what a perfect ad for those scheissing hypocrites! God dam lying commie [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]!
“No. I do not support open borders.”
-Beto O’Rourke
October 18,2018

Deep Purple

which goes with deeps definition, "A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views" and calls to complain about how unfair it is that others are getting perceived special treatment and not their side
Wes didn't complain about the newspaper publishing opposing views. He complained about the newspaper violating its own editorial policy to give opposing views more play than they gave other views. This is not about shutting down the opposition. It's about making both sides subject to the same rules.

Try again. Your misconstrued argument is giving A&M School of Law a bad name, and it's not funny because my son is also a graduate. And he would see through this ploy even quicker than I did.

Deep Purple

“No. I do not support open borders.”
-Beto O’Rourke
October 18,2018
No one supports "open borders" by that name because they know it would never fly with the majority of the public. So they just support no physical barriers at the border and ending all border enforcement by demolishing ICE -- which is the same thing as open borders.

I'm an Indy, always vote a split ballot, and even I can see what a charade it is when Beto or any other candidate supports no barriers, no enforcement, yet claims he doesn't support open borders. Like claiming you you want to eliminate household locks, fences, and alarm systems, but you don't support unauthorized entry into people's homes.

Massive logical contradiction.

Froglaw

Oh yeah. I am hurting and may never recover

A few days ago I read an article, the FWST about their editorial boards endorsement of a candidate and commented how that editorial board would have endorsed Karl Marx.

The comment has been removed and I apparently I have been banned as I am denied access to login.

So they can have their opinions but if mine, or others aren't in lockstep with them, you're out.

Man it hurts.

I'm reading (audio book) Lincolns Last Trial. Great book.

At one point in his career a friend of his is giving a speech at a Democratic rally. Lincoln was a member of the new Republican Party. There were four parties at the time, Whig, American, Republican, and Democrat.

The crowd moved forward to physically attack the speaker.

Lincoln climbed on the Dais and threaten to thrash anyone who tried to stop his friend from speaking.

Lincoln was on the opposite side of the political fence from his friend.

We could use a little Lincoln right now.

At one point in his career a friend of his is giving a speech at a Democratic rally. Lincoln was a member of the new Republican Party. There were four parties at the time, Whig, American, Republican, and Democrat.

Lincoln climbed on the Dais and threaten to thrash anyone who tried to stop his friend from speaking.

Were they vampires?

Paint It Purple

Possible counter-point: the leader of one party attacks their industry every day and their colleagues are getting bombs in the mail, so perhaps they have some non-political self interests in how the election turns out. [This argument could be made from a capitalist and/or safety perspective without involving politics.].]
Possible alternate POV: the Leader of one party attacks in response to their industry attack every day. It's like the first punch/kick/spit in a football game that goes unseen by the officials (public). Then the offended player retaliates but gets penalized for unsportsmanlike behavior. Football players have been known to do this on purpose in hopes of gaining 15 yards. Don't you think that the journalists/media know this trick too? You bet they do.

TCUdirtbag

Wes didn't complain about the newspaper publishing opposing views. He complained about the newspaper violating its own editorial policy to give opposing views more play than they gave other views. This is not about shutting down the opposition. It's about making both sides subject to the same rules.

Try again. Your misconstrued argument is giving A&M School of Law a bad name, and it's not funny because my son is also a graduate. And he would see through this ploy even quicker than I did.

To be clear, though, Wes later added more context to the response he submitted which included a comment about Bud Kennedy that would clearly violate the terms of the posted comment policy that are in fact equally applied to “both sides” of the political aisle. Again, it’s clear with the additional context that the comment was removed for non-political reasons. I think everyone agrees the policy should apply equally to people of all views, and this episode isn’t an example of the FWST not doing so.

WhatTheFrog

But.....you’ll be grilling so holding those long sharp fork thingies.
Be Nice.
No, I'm really chill in person. I just get a bit hot under the collar when I've been drinking and reading stupid crap here and there and it all boils up to a point.

I'll have pulled pork ready to go at the tailgate tomorrow, as long as it lasts. Drop by if you wanna.

WhatTheFrog

Lincoln eventually waged war on his fellow citizens. We could do without a lot of Lincoln right now.