• The KillerFrogs

Is a 1 loss season successful after getting a taste of BCS last year?

So many fans would kill for the chance to have their teams finish 11-1. After last seasons taste of BCS, would a loss to Utah and removed from consideration to BCS bowl make this season a disappointment?

talor

No. Not when you return the amount of players we did. If you ask the players themselves I bet they would say the same thing.

AEAfrog

3449190691_81efede29c.jpg

GP's Step-Son

With the team and personnel we have, yes, it would be disappointing. The team and GP's first priority is to win the MWC, if we don't, it's considered a disappointment.

neo926

This year, it would be a disappointment. I'll take a 1-loss year next year no problem, but this year, with this team, yes, it's a disappointment.

BigEasyFrog

So many fans would kill for the chance to have their teams finish 11-1. After last seasons taste of BCS, would a loss to Utah and removed from consideration to BCS bowl make this season a disappointment?
If a loss happens, the immediate aftermath would be disappointing and the season a disappointment per se. But after the dust settles and the season ends, 12-1 or 11-2 if it happens will be hard to really be overly sour about. It's like two seasons ago when we basically threw the Utah game away (sorry for the reminder). I don't get too overly emotional at sports but I was sour for a good few days after that loss. That loss really hurt, a lot. The ultimate goal that season (IMO) of making a BCS Bowl game was not accomplished, but still finishing 11-2 and beating an undefeated team in a bowl is still a great season to be proud of (and the season of 11-2 would've still been something to be happy about regardless of the bowl opponent's win record). I focus more now on the great 11-2 season and less on the sour Utah game now that the dust has cleared of that season.

Basically have high expectations, but don't get like a spoiled snob thinking the season is just a complete waste if the exact goal doesn't quite happen.

Frogs1983

It would be a success.

What would suck would be the bowl we would end up in.

As a person who has seen his share of 1,2,3 win seasons in the distant past,a 1 loss season would be a success in my book any day.
The problem is we have zero margin for error.We win out,a BCS game is a possibility. We lose just 1 and we're relegated to the mediocre Bowl tie ins the Conference has.

A 1 loss Big 10,SEC or Big 12 team may still have a shot at a BCS Bowl.At the very least they will be going to a much better non BCS Bowl game than any MWC team would in a similar situation.
This is one reason I would not shed any tears if the Big East came calling for TCU.

Froginexile

That's right, and you almost certainly can't do that with a loss from here on out. Don't know how many folks have really thought about it, but since TCU joined the MWC, the league champion has been 8-0 every single time.

How about the WAC?
Does the WAC have the same stat...Boise and Hawaii?

That would be an argument to me that the MWC deserves an AQ bid. That is an argument against parity in the league.

Latest posts