• The KillerFrogs

Important Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It has long been the policy of this website to not allow personal attacks or negative comments about players or the families of our coaches. In all fairness, we feel that comments about coaches, administrators, etal are fair game and we have no problem supporting those comments on the Frog Fan Forum. However there is a line that must never be crossed and that pertains to comments about those coaches or administrators families.

Recently some comments were made regarding the personal lives of some of our coaches. It has happened in the past and we dealt with it but the most recent one, I take the blame for because I participated in that thread.

So please take note of this. Under no circumstances are comments about players, coaches families or the families of administrators allowed on this site. Those comments will not be tolerated and the person(s) making those comments are subjected to banning or suspension from posting priveleges on Killerfrogs.Com.

It would infuriate me for someone to make unwarranted comments about my family and I am quite certain that it would infuriate most of you to read negative comments about your family or personal life on an internet site. I am certain that you can understand how hurtful those comments can be, esxespecially if there is no basis of truth to them.

Dont do it again and please dont test me on this one.

Moderators / Admins...if you see comments which cross the above mentioned line, then make the thread invisible ( you have that capability ) and report it to me ASAP.

Addendum...let me clarify something and I apologize for not making it clear in the original post. If you want to blast a coach for onfield performance, have at it. As far as we are concerned they are fair game. However, dont take it to a personal level and under no circumstances bring his family or personal life into the discussion. Thats out of bounds and will not be tolerated.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(wes @ Jan 24 2008, 02:38 AM) [snapback]106410[/snapback]
It has long been the policy of this website to not allow personal attacks or negative comments about players or the families of our coaches. In all fairness, we feel that comments about coaches, administrators, etal are fair game and we have no problem supporting those comments on the Frog Fan Forum. However there is a line that must never be crossed and that pertains to comments about those coaches or administrators families.

Recently some comments were made regarding the personal lives of some of our coaches. It has happened in the past and we dealt with it but the most recent one, I take the blame for because I participated in that thread.

So please take note of this. Under no circumstances are comments about players, coaches families or the families of administrators allowed on this site. Those comments will not be tolerated and the person(s) making those comments are subjected to banning or suspension from posting priveleges on Killerfrogs.Com.

It would infuriate me for someone to make unwarranted comments about my family and I am quite certain that it would infuriate most of you to read negative comments about your family or personal life on an internet site. I am certain that you can understand how hurtful those comments can be, esxespecially if there is no basis of truth to them.

Moderators / Admins...if you see comments which cross the above mentioned line, then make the thread invisible ( you have that capability ) and report it to me ASAP.

Addendum...let me clarify something and I apologize for not making it clear in the original post. If you want to blast a coach for onfield performance, have at it. As far as we are concerned they are fair game. However, dont take it to a personal level and under no circumstances bring his family or personal life into the discussion. Thats out of bounds and will not be tolerated.

I guess we'll let it slide this time, but don't let it happen again, Wes.

sous vide

QUOTE(wes @ Jan 23 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]106410[/snapback]

Jeez...I leave for a couple of days and the good stuff happens. I don't suppose the thread in question is still around so I can read it and become shocked, truly SHOCKED, is it?

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yeah--Wes how are we supposed to know exactly what we're not supposed to do (especially if it's so borderline that you yourself at first thought it was OK) if we don't see the offending material? Let's have it.

Tucson Frog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Mar 26 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]130863[/snapback]
Yeah--Wes how are we supposed to know exactly what we're not supposed to do (especially if it's so borderline that you yourself at first thought it was OK) if we don't see the offending material? Let's have it.

off_material.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Our first rule is for the members of this site to have fun and we mean it but there are times when some members or visitors get carried away and when that happens, the fun ends for many.

We do not want to impose a long list of rules and then sit back to watch you like playground supervisors. All of us are adults and we need to act like them. TCU grads and fans know that our school is a cut above the others so lets don't lower ourselves and act like a bunch of low class fans. Use common sense, think about what you are posting and ask yourself if you would want your kids, parents or whatever to read it, before pressing the submit button.

1. No personal attacks - disagreements are fine. We all have them and they are a part of a good discussion but there is no reason to take it a personal level by calling someone a name.

2. No attacks on our student-athletes - Remember, these are 18-23 year old kids who play for TCU. Whether they miss an assignment, make a mistake or just aren't paying attention, it doesn't matter. They are part of the TCU family and we love 'em. So do their parents who frequently read this board.

3. No profanity/vulgarities - this shouldn't be a hard one for anyone and there really is no reason to use profanity to make a point. Be more creative and think about what to write but remember, cir*umvent*ing the p r o f a n i t y f*i*l*t*e*r*s isn't acceptable either. No acronyms. No disguising profanity. Use mature common sense.

4. No promotion of other websites or selling of any kind, without consent from the owners! We have bills to pay too!

5. Have fun - yeah thats a rule. We mean it and want you to have it.

Go Frogs!!

TheSheik

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Nov 18 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]254975[/snapback]
Done! Steel has read it.

What else you want Steel to read--he's a good reader.

oh man, you're killin me steel

Status
Not open for further replies.