• The KillerFrogs

Idiotic posts from BaylorFans thread

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This from the comments:

"TCU- No matter their conference, they have always been successful" LOL

Yeah, if you don't count the couple decades when they were the worst team in all college football, averaging about 1.5 wins per year"

Probably not far off but come on...that [ Finebaum ] program is going to make fun of us for not winning games? The first two decades of big 12 play say "yo baby wassup?"

Darn Baylor.

Frog-in-law1995

I'll take Aerosmith every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Top 6 all time favorite band for me, with AC/DC, Van Halen, U2, The Eagles and Boston, probably in that order.

tcudoc

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I'll take Aerosmith every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Top 6 all time favorite band for me, with AC/DC, Van Halen, U2, The Eagles and Boston, probably in that order.
I don't dislike Aerosmith or GNR, but neither would be anywhere near my top 25 bands.  The rest of your list, excluding Boston, would be in though.
Cheap Trick is my underdog favorite that many disregard when making lists like this.  They had some junk songs, but they had a ton of great music too.

Zubaz

NNM said:
Vomit. Overplayed, overexposed. I have to change the channel the minute his screeching voice starts.
Aerosmith is Top 3 for me personally, but they haven't had a great album in almost 20 years.  

Heck of a concert to go to though.

Frog-in-law1995

Todd D. said:
Aerosmith is Top 3 for me personally, but they haven't had a great album in almost 20 years.  

Heck of a concert to go to though.
Yeah, this. Pump in '89 was good but even that's not what I'm basing my opinion on. The 70s stuff is fantastical. Dream On (one of my all-time favorite rock songs, rotating with Carry On Wayward Son). Plus Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion, Same Old Song and Dance, Back in the Saddle, Mama Kin, etc...I mean there are a few all-time top 10 guitar licks in there. And looking at my list, I'm obviously a turn-up-the-gain kinda guy.

tcudoc

Aerosmith was great during the 70's.  Lots of great songs.  Then they went and got clean and sober and had a few more good albums.  In my opinion, they strayed too far from their roots and became more of a pop band for the last 20 years.  I will say that I gave up on even trying to listen to anything they've done in the last 15 years or so.  However, in my mind, they will always be great for what they have done years ago.  Kind of like Prince was.  He went off the deep end, but he still had 1999 and Purple Rain, so he was always good in my book.  Aerosmith sang Dream On and Sweet Emotion, so they will always be revered for that in my mind.

Zubaz

Nine Lives was the last album that I really liked. Just Push Play, Bobo, and Another Dimension are albums I think I played once and then went back to the older stuff. But as everyone has said, that older

I consider them to have three Eras:

Origin to 1982 - Classics.

1985 - 1997 - The Silverstone years. I know she only appeared in the Get a Grip videos, but I associate the hits from Pump and Permanent Vacation with that era too. Also classics, but a little more Pop rock than their original hits.

2000 - Present - Armageddon pop crap.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Just got offered (and accepted, of course) GnR tickets for Jerry World in August. Will be my second time seeing them play, but first with Slash, since college.

82Frog

[SIZE=11pt]PartyBear[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor fan

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png
 (3903 points)

Dec 2012

We have to keep what Briles started going.

I flew into the Bay Area on the west coast and the first teenager I see out here is wearing a Baylor T shirt. I tell the kid good job that I went there. His response "oh really I just think they are cool". 

Great football is a bill board for your brand. This has to keep freakin rocking a long. Where we have gone is like "Hotel California" we checked in and we absolutely cannot afford to ever leave. The university is dependent on this (the revenues it brings in, the exposure, the marketing) like living animals need oxygen. 

It is too big to fail now.

rifram09

82Frog said:

PartyBear
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/member.php?u=31955
user-online.png
Baylor fan

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png
 (3903 points)

Join Date Dec 2012 Posts 8,658​

I flew into the Bay Area on the west coast and the first teenager I see out here is wearing a Baylor T shirt. I tell the kid good job that I went there. His response "oh really I just think they are cool". 

Great football is a bill board for your brand. This has to keep freakin rocking a long. Where we have gone is like "Hotel California" we checked in and we absolutely cannot afford to ever leave. The university is dependent on this (the revenues it brings in, the exposure, the marketing) like living animals need oxygen. 

^^^this is the kind of thinking that leads one to recruit criminals and then cover up their crimes.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
82Frog said:

PartyBear
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/member.php?u=31955
user-online.png
Baylor fan

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png
 (3903 points)

Join Date Dec 2012 Posts 8,658​

"Good job that I went there." WTH is that? He's lucky the kid didn't deck him for being an überdork.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
82Frog said:

[SIZE=11pt]PartyBear[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor fan

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_pos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png

reputation_highpos.png
 (3903 points)

Join Date Dec 2012 Posts 8,658

That's what the folks at Enron said.