• The KillerFrogs

Idiotic posts from BaylorFans thread

2314@work

Contributor
This one is good (one BU fan ripping another):

Word of advice, son: The more time you spend on boards like this, the less time you'll have to focus on finishing that GED.

2314@work

Contributor
2314 said:

Word of advice, son: The more time you spend on boards like this, the less time you'll have to focus on finishing that GED.
Wow, someone normal:

[SIZE=11pt]Health Camper[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor fan
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
(1335 points)

Sep 2005

Blog Entries

Sad day for Briles. Sad day for Baylor.

I don't celebrate this day. But I celebrate what needs to occur.

I want a change in priorities at my alma mater, even at the cost of winning.

Limey Frog

2314 said:

Wow, someone normal:

[SIZE=11pt]Health Camper[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor fan
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
(1335 points)

Join Date Sep 2005 Posts 2,052 Blog Entries 1

Sad day for Briles. Sad day for Baylor.

I don't celebrate this day. But I celebrate what needs to occur.

I want a change in priorities at my alma mater, even at the cost of winning.

Good for this guy. I have a daughter; also I subscribe to a set of moral values now generally deemed 'old fashioned'. If I thought that GP had knowingly harbored rapists and overlooked acts of sexual assault on our campus that had come to his attention, I'd want him fired. I wouldn't be dancing in the streets about it, but it'd be the right and necessary thing.

My Dad always told me growing up that football (albeit he was talking about soccer) was the most important thing among life's unimportant things. Human dignity and personal  rights, and the respect that all men owe to all women are important; winning football games, comparatively not so.

Frog DJ

Limey Frog said:

Good for this guy. I have a daughter; also I subscribe to a set of moral values now generally deemed 'old fashioned'. If I thought that GP had knowingly harbored rapists and overlooked acts of sexual assault on our campus that had come to his attention, I'd want him fired. I wouldn't be dancing in the streets about it, but it'd be the right and necessary thing.

My Dad always told me growing up that football (albeit he was talking about soccer) was the most important thing among life's unimportant things. Human dignity and personal  rights, and the respect that all men owe to all women are important; winning football games, comparatively not so.

Tell it all, brotha' - tell it all!

Go Frogs!

2314@work

Contributor
morecowbell said:
This thread title is misleading. I was looking for idiot posts and these are in fact, not idiot posts.
No it's not. Intended it that way. Was hoping when our peeps went to look at BF posts they would post those here. I guess no one "gets it" today. Go figure.

Planks

2314 said:

I was skimming their board early today and saw that one. If I'm not mistaken that comment was directed towards a UH fan who was on their board.

2314@work

Contributor
Planks said:
I was skimming their board early today and saw that one. If I'm not mistaken that comment was directed towards a UH fan who was on their board.
2314 stands corrected. Still funny :biggrin: ...............people PLEASE add your BF findings to this thread for us lazy arses who don't want to click on that board.

2314@work

Contributor
Double V said:
Still can't believe they call them the nugs...very uncomfortable name.

Priceless:

[SIZE=11pt]Hinx[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor Bears fan
reputation_pos.png
(51 points)

Oct 2014

Waco

My Mood

Fine.gif

Art Briles football camp (No refunds)

On May 1st I signed my son up for the Art Briles youth football camp June 7th-9th.
3 day(overnight) event for $300.00

I wouldn't have paid that much and signed him up for it if he didn't beg me to let him. I made him earn 67% of the cost and if he did that, then I would cover the rest. By him earning the money himself, I felt that he would appreciate the camp more and learn more from it.

Well we all know about the bomb shell yesterday. Needless to say I had to have a talk with my son. We both agreed that he would no longer be attending the camp.

I planned on contact someone to cancel the camp, but today at noon I received an email from the event director. The following below is what the email stated:

In big bold letters that are gold it says "ART BRILES FOOTBALL CAMPS" across the top with a BU in the middle.

"Good morning- the Baylor football summer mini-camps will still be held as planned with the Baylor football staff. As stated on the website on the registration page, our online system is only able to issue refunds for documented medical reasons. We look forward to seeing everybody there!"

1. How is it Art Briles youth football camp when Art Briles isn't even the head coach anymore? Yes I love Baylor, but I do not feel safe sending my son overnight to a football camp there.
  2. How would you approach a refund in this situation?
  3. What would you do?

2314@work

Contributor
2314 said:

Priceless:

[SIZE=11pt]Hinx[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor Bears fan
reputation_pos.png
(51 points)

Join Date Oct 2014 Location Waco Posts 89 My Mood
Fine.gif

On May 1st I signed my son up for the Art Briles youth football camp June 7th-9th.

I wouldn't have paid that much and signed him up for it if he didn't beg me to let him. I made him earn 67% of the cost and if he did that, then I would cover the rest. By him earning the money himself, I felt that he would appreciate the camp more and learn more from it.

Well we all know about the bomb shell yesterday. Needless to say I had to have a talk with my son. We both agreed that he would no longer be attending the camp.

I planned on contact someone to cancel the camp, but today at noon I received an email from the event director. The following below is what the email stated:

In big bold letters that are gold it says "ART BRILES FOOTBALL CAMPS" across the top with a BU in the middle.

"Good morning- the Baylor football summer mini-camps will still be held as planned with the Baylor football staff. As stated on the website on the registration page, our online system is only able to issue refunds for documented medical reasons. We look forward to seeing everybody there!"

1. How is it Art Briles youth football camp when Art Briles isn't even the head coach anymore? Yes I love Baylor, but I do not feel safe sending my son overnight to a football camp there.
  2. How would you approach a refund in this situation?
  3. What would you do?

This isn't surprising but at the same time is disturbing. Again, these people ARE NOT Christians.

Rape problem at UT >18% of women at UT claim they've been sexually assaulted
"More than 18 percent of female undergraduates at the University of Texas at Austin and about 15 percent at Texas A&M say they have been sexually assaulted since arriving on campus, according to comprehensive surveys released Monday."

2314@work

Contributor
2314 said:

Someone needs to tell this BF poster UTA hasn't had a football team in 33 years.

Regardless, I think the BOI handled this entire thing terribly. Between the infighting, the leaks, the silence, the lack of planning, the BOI bungled a sensitive situation in a way that likely will be the death of Baylor football. In 2020 we will be 2-10 playing in front of a half-empty stadium and certainly left out of the next realignment. Let's get ready to enjoy those trips to San Marcos, San Antonio, and Arlington.

2314@work

Contributor
2314 said:

[SIZE=11pt]BUBackr[/SIZE]
user-online.png
Baylor fan
reputation_pos.png
(97 points)

Oct 2002

Red Oak, TX

ESPN 103.3 - Mack Brown
ESPN in Dallas is saying that Grant Teaff has been in contact with Mack Brown to discuss him being a placeholder for the program. Not sure how I feel about that.

Frogo

Limey Frog said:

.... football (albeit he was talking about soccer) was the most important thing among life's unimportant things. Human dignity and personal  rights, and the respect that all men owe to all women are important; winning football games, comparatively not so.

Great line. Great perspective.

USNFROG

2314 said:

Priceless:

Hinx
user-online.png
Baylor Bears fan
reputation_pos.png
(51 points)

Join Date Oct 2014 Location Waco Posts 89 My Mood
Fine.gif

• How is it Art Briles youth football camp when Art Briles isn't even the head coach anymore? Yes I love Baylor, but I do not feel safe sending my son overnight to a football camp there.
  • How would you approach a refund in this situation?
  • What would you do?

What would I do? I would never, ever attend a camp hosted by Art Briles. He has a nearly 30 year history as being the biggest scum bag in Texas football history. But I knew that in the 90s. I didn't learn that yesterday.