• The KillerFrogs

I Guess No News On Cumbie's Interview This AM

OICU812

Capt John Mason SAS said:
Market closed.  Folks are collecting their guaranteed 100% interest.

Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif
Have a very blessed day.

Tom Brown

tcumaniac said:
Austin is a fun town to visit...especially on Thanksgiving every other year... but I wouldn't want to live there. Way too crowded. Way too liberal. 
Are you even old enough to vote? Your post history gives me mixed messages.

pastorfrog

Reading the Texas 24-7 site, I wish I had a dollar for every variation of "If he's so stupid to turn this down we didn't want him anyway." They've been humbled a bit, but not all of them.

FrogSwagSurfin

pastorfrog said:
Reading the Texas 24-7 site, I wish I had a dollar for every variation of "If he's so stupid to turn this down we didn't want him anyway." They've been humbled a bit, but not all of them.
Sounds like us when a kid opens up to new offers or decommits

The latest post by an alleged "insider" on Shaggy FWIW:

"ok, yall, don't have a lot of time, but a quick update. 
from what i understand, nothing is falling apart - rather, it's a holding pattern. obviously, no announcement tonight or big announcement at the basketball game in front of tens of fans, though you might want to keep an eye on that UNC game over the weekend. as i stated before, there are certain sticking points, and the cost of living isn't the only one. there are other, more delicate matters into which i'd rather not delve because they are personal, but there are other mitigating factors in play besides money, power and position. i'll leave it at this: when you move cities, you're moving more than house. 

since $#@!bie is a man of family and faith, and i'm told that could mean that, once again, when moving cities, you're moving more than house, there are more considerations than simply money. they have put down some firm roots in forth worth, and concessions have been made by patterson for these very reasons. i understand that strong is willing to provide similar leeway, but his family is very important to him, and there is some word that the pressure involved in coaching at texas might be cause for concern in his camp. 

interestingly, word is that some folks in fort worth are not as worried about things as we are. as a matter of fact, my understanding is that there is some significant concern about meachum - keeping him happy in the middle of this maelstrom, since he is, after all, the one calling the plays. a not insignificant worry is that they could lose meachum and retain $#@!bie and be worse for wear. i was told something similar earlier today, but it seems to be forgotten in the $#@!bie discussion - what does patterson have to do to keep both co-oc's happy? it's a tricky situation, and one patterson seems to be taking seriously. 

i understand that it's business as usual for $#@!bie until the chips fall. he's still making his decision, and very much involving his family in it. and since he is a man of his word, he's keeping up the recruiting responsibilities because that's the sort of upright fellow he is. he's still selling patterson and tcu hard, even if he might be a bit more agnostic about his personal involvement.

so there are a lot of ins and outs going on here, not the least of which would be $#@!bie's potential staff he might want to bring to austin. i'm told that jinks taking the bowling green job could have put a bit of a kink in the works. even though $#@!bie might still be a bit on the fence here, he still has feelers out - he wants his potential move to texas to be as smooth as possible, with the personnel he wants. the news of jinks to BG may have given $#@!bie a bit more time with which to mull over his decision. which might be the best thing for everyone in the long run.

as for texas, strong seems committed to $#@!bie for now, and willing to allow him the time to make his decision, since they share a lot of the same core values. I understand that the window is closing however, and it might not be too terribly overlong before they move down the list to #2 or #3. i’m led to believe there are some interesting names on this list, but my source does not want to upset the $#@!bie applecart at this time.

as this recruiting season can make or break the roster for strong in the long run, he is very keen to get things moving forward. "

My Buddy Steve

Some Dummy just read our board and reposted a full narrative of this thread on shaggy. See above. Am I missing something in the job market that allows people to have the time to do this??

Moose Stuff

from what i understand, nothing is falling apart - rather, it's a holding pattern. obviously, no announcement tonight or big announcement at the basketball game in front of tens of fans, though you might want to keep an eye on that UNC game over the weekend. as i stated before, there are certain sticking points, and the cost of living isn't the only one. there are other, more delicate matters into which i'd rather not delve because they are personal, but there are other mitigating factors in play besides money, power and position. i'll leave it at this: when you move cities, you're moving more than house. 

since $#@!bie is a man of family and faith, and i'm told that could mean that, once again, when moving cities, you're moving more than house, there are more considerations than simply money. they have put down some firm roots in forth worth, and concessions have been made by patterson for these very reasons. i understand that strong is willing to provide similar leeway, but his family is very important to him, and there is some word that the pressure involved in coaching at texas might be cause for concern in his camp. 

interestingly, word is that some folks in fort worth are not as worried about things as we are. as a matter of fact, my understanding is that there is some significant concern about meachum - keeping him happy in the middle of this maelstrom, since he is, after all, the one calling the plays. a not insignificant worry is that they could lose meachum and retain $#@!bie and be worse for wear. i was told something similar earlier today, but it seems to be forgotten in the $#@!bie discussion - what does patterson have to do to keep both co-oc's happy? it's a tricky situation, and one patterson seems to be taking seriously. 

i understand that it's business as usual for $#@!bie until the chips fall. he's still making his decision, and very much involving his family in it. and since he is a man of his word, he's keeping up the recruiting responsibilities because that's the sort of upright fellow he is. he's still selling patterson and tcu hard, even if he might be a bit more agnostic about his personal involvement.

so there are a lot of ins and outs going on here, not the least of which would be $#@!bie's potential staff he might want to bring to austin. i'm told that jinks taking the bowling green job could have put a bit of a kink in the works. even though $#@!bie might still be a bit on the fence here, he still has feelers out - he wants his potential move to texas to be as smooth as possible, with the personnel he wants. the news of jinks to BG may have given $#@!bie a bit more time with which to mull over his decision. which might be the best thing for everyone in the long run.

as for texas, strong seems committed to $#@!bie for now, and willing to allow him the time to make his decision, since they share a lot of the same core values. I understand that the window is closing however, and it might not be too terribly overlong before they move down the list to #2 or #3. im led to believe there are some interesting names on this list, but my source does not want to upset the $#@!bie applecart at this time.

as this recruiting season can make or break the roster for strong in the long run, he is very keen to get things moving forward. "
I don't have much time, but here are 7 paragraphs.

Frog-in-law1995

as for texas, strong seems committed to $#@!bie for now, and willing to allow him the time to make his decision, since they share a lot of the same core values. I understand that the window is closing however, and it might not be too terribly overlong before they move down the list to #2 or #3. im led to believe there are some interesting names on this list, but my source does not want to upset the $#@!bie applecart at this time.

Wait, they want to move his house to Austin?

Moose Stuff

My Buddy Steve said:
Some Dummy just read our board and reposted a full narrative of this thread on shaggy. See above. Am I missing something in the job market that allows people to have the time to do this??
You must not be investing properly.

netty2424

berryfrog95 said:
As much as I want Cumbie to stay, I think this delay has everything to do with Sonny leaving on good terms. He's probably reaching out to recruits with GP, we know he met with GP, they delay is likely his pure due diligence in this process, which is highly respectable. Just my take
Interesting perspective. I took it as the opposite. I told my buddy today I feel like the longer this draws out the better position we are in to keep him. It's obviously a difficult decision for him and his family, and the more time he stays around here with GP putting in work for TCU the better.