• The KillerFrogs

How many of You are PO'ed

QUOTE(TCU2002 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]571713[/snapback]
Tom Brown was razed after the 1998 Fall Semester. It was my first semester at TCU. I did not live there, but hung out with some folks who did. It actually DID make Milton Daniel seem like a Hilton by comparison.

I guess I've got the chronology wrong in my head. I was thinking it went down after my junior year. I forget that I stuck around for another 3/4 of a year after I graduated ... I know that the future Mrs. Duq was an initial resident of the new apartments before her graduation in 1999, I guess I didn't remember the time between the two being so short ...

TCU2002

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:27 PM) [snapback]571758[/snapback]
I guess I've got the chronology wrong in my head. I was thinking it went down after my junior year. I forget that I stuck around for another 3/4 of a year after I graduated ... I know that the future Mrs. Duq was an initial resident of the new apartments before her graduation in 1999, I guess I didn't remember the time between the two being so short ...

Half of the TB/PW apartments (that were built on the Pete Wright site) were open by the spring 1999 semester.

After Tom Brown Hall was torn down they finished out the apartment complex.

Purple Geezer

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 06:52 PM) [snapback]571613[/snapback]
I guess I have Good Ol Days Syndrome. I miss the Pete's Pit.

I miss Bobby Jack Floyd ripping the pay phone out of the wall in Tom Brown, but not as much as I miss the TCU Drug.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(TCU2002 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:58 PM) [snapback]571790[/snapback]
Half of the TB/PW apartments (that were built on the Pete Wright site) were open by the spring 1999 semester.

After Tom Brown Hall was torn down they finished out the apartment complex.

That sounds right. I remember seeing the nearly completed apartments when I visited the campus back in high school. Seeing those certainly didn't hurt TCU's case when I was picking schools. Now, I don't think there's a dorm on campus where students don't have individual rooms. And the resident-to-bathroom ration seems to be under 2:1.

[quote name='steelfrog'

The kids these days don't have a clue how it used to be.

[/quote]

.....and be assured that you have no idea of how it used to be.

Class of 1956 :wink:

I was in Pete Wright myself in '82. Loved the "Casbah"!! I remember watching reruns of "Love Boat"
on the 2nd Floor lounge after 9AM classes, Strat-O-Matic baseball, intramural sports, finding some of our comrades in various stages of life in the bathroom after a night out, the list goes on and on....

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 8 2010, 06:46 PM) [snapback]571602[/snapback]
I was stuck in Pete Wright.
I hear it has been razed. That building was in rough shape in 82.

Pappy Frog

I wonder if any current players
have seen what the old athletics
offices under the SW corner of
AGCS were like. Talk about horrible
working conditions. Staff shuttled
between there and a small building
on SE corner of campus (across
from TCU Drug RIP). Bailey Building?
:happy: