• The KillerFrogs

How many of You are PO'ed

steelfrog

Tier 1
Given that many of us worked our butts off in really comparatively crappy facilities, Steel is PO'ed at all the latest building that Steel never got to benefit from. The kids these days don't have a clue how it used to be. Steel demands something in the form of an equalization payment of some kind.

Thank you.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 01:20 PM) [snapback]571568[/snapback]
Given that many of us worked our butts off in really comparatively crappy facilities, Steel is PO'ed at all the latest building that Steel never got to benefit from. The kids these days don't have a clue how it used to be. Steel demands something in the form of an equalization payment of some kind.

Thank you.

You got boots. that's your payment.

gdu

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 06:20 PM) [snapback]571568[/snapback]

Thank you.

if you'd won some more games, maybe they'd have built them sooner.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 06:23 PM) [snapback]571572[/snapback]

Need to talk to the Scottie Ankroms and David Rascoes of the world--tell 'em to throw more dang TDs and fewer INTs. It wasn't Steel's fault we lost, and it dang sure wasn't the fault of The Great Jim Wacker!

jack the frog

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 01:27 PM) [snapback]571575[/snapback]
I miss the old buildings. My school is no more.

RIP Tom Brown Hall.

I was stuck in Pete Wright.
I hear it has been razed. That building was in rough shape in 82.

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 8 2010, 02:46 PM) [snapback]571602[/snapback]

Pete Wright's been gone for a while now. It and Tom Brown went down in 1996. I was one of the lucky few who closed ol' Tom Brown down ...

Big Frog II

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 8 2010, 12:46 PM) [snapback]571602[/snapback]

Pete Wright was in rough shape the year they built it.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 8 2010, 01:46 PM) [snapback]571602[/snapback]

I guess I have Good Ol Days Syndrome. I miss the Pete's Pit.

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 02:20 PM) [snapback]571568[/snapback]

Thank you.

What a child. Its all about you, isn't it? Me me me, what's in it for me? I suppose you think its unfair that kids today can use the internet, or air conditioning?

What if your grandparents thought it was unfair that you received polio vaccinations, or use fluorinated toothpaste? Maybe they think its unfair that we have an FDA that monitors the feces level in our foods?

Why don't cha just shhaaaaaaaadddd aaappp and be glad for what you had.

Puke face.

jack the frog

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 01:52 PM) [snapback]571613[/snapback]
I guess I have Good Ol Days Syndrome. I miss the Pete's Pit.

I have fond memories, but I did get the heck out of there after my fresh year and moved to the old Hunters Green apts., off Bryant Irvin roughly. That was in the country then.
That might not exist now either.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 8 2010, 06:57 PM) [snapback]571619[/snapback]
What a child. Its all about you, isn't it? Me me me, what's in it for me? I suppose you think its unfair that kids today can use the internet, or air conditioning?

What if your grandparents thought it was unfair that you received polio vaccinations, or use fluorinated toothpaste? Maybe they think its unfair that we have an FDA that monitors the feces level in our foods?

Why don't cha just shhaaaaaaaadddd aaappp and be glad for what you had.

Puke face.

Oh yeah? YEAH?!

Maybe I will.

So there. Anything else smart guy?

WIN

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 01:20 PM) [snapback]571568[/snapback]

Thank you.

You can always go back at today's tuition. Do alumni still get 1/2 price tuition on undergrad classes? That could be your ticket in.

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 03:00 PM) [snapback]571623[/snapback]
Oh yeah? YEAH?!

Maybe I will.

So there. Anything else smart guy?

Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Nope.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 06:23 PM) [snapback]571572[/snapback]

ah, ole tom brown ........ good memories.

TCU2002

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 02:48 PM) [snapback]571604[/snapback]
Pete Wright's been gone for a while now. It and Tom Brown went down in 1996. I was one of the lucky few who closed ol' Tom Brown down ...

Tom Brown was razed after the 1998 Fall Semester. It was my first semester at TCU. I did not live there, but hung out with some folks who did. It actually DID make Milton Daniel seem like a Hilton by comparison.

Biggest break for me was getting a Milton triple my freshman year. It was fine with three of us, and then during spring there were just two of us in there. The third closet became our "coat room."

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 8 2010, 01:57 PM) [snapback]571620[/snapback]
I have fond memories, but I did get the heck out of there after my fresh year and moved to the old Hunters Green apts., off Bryant Irvin roughly. That was in the country then.
That might not exist now either.

Hunter's Green is still there, not that far from my place. Just got a renovation actually. Looks good from Overton Ridge.

And by the title of the thread I thought it was going to be about some stupid construction on the city streets (which is indeed making me PO'ed.) I don't remember what street it was, but the other day I saw a lane closure for about 15 feet, then it opened back up again. Then half a mile later it closes for another 15 feet. Then it opened again. Rinse, repeat. At least 5 times. People were changing back into the right lane only to change out a few seconds later. Stupid. And don't get me started on Overton Ridge itself...

jack the frog

QUOTE(satis1103 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:04 PM) [snapback]571724[/snapback]
Hunter's Green is still there, not that far from my place. Just got a renovation actually. Looks good from Overton Ridge.

And by the title of the thread I thought it was going to be about some stupid construction on the city streets (which is indeed making me PO'ed.) I don't remember what street it was, but the other day I saw a lane closure for about 15 feet, then it opened back up again. Then half a mile later it closes for another 15 feet. Then it opened again. Rinse, repeat. At least 5 times. People were changing back into the right lane only to change out a few seconds later. Stupid. And don't get me started on Overton Ridge itself...

Hunters Green were supposed to be snazzy by college standards, but I remember when a big front would blow through and it would drop into the teens (seemed like it used to get colder back then; the fronts more fierce) my place would get no warmer than 45 degrees or so. Zippo insulation.
Build a fire with the girlfriend was the only answer (hard to keep her lit though.)