1. The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by CryptoMiner, Jul 21, 2021.

1. #541 mc1502, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Basically gave the finger to the sheep lovers.

I literally just laughed to myself at the thought of that.

2. That is the only joy I’m taking from any of this. The SEC apparently cared more about adding UT and OU than they ever did A&M and aggies will be losing their collective cult minds today ha.

HG73, dawg and WIN like this.
  3. The disrespect to A&M is phenomenal. And they just have to sit and take it, apparently. They were basically bait to lure Texas out of the Big 12.

4. That’s what I tell every aggy to the end of time. They were bait used to lure the real prize.

5. Kinda funny if this whole thing wasn't so sad.

6. That probably falls to someone higher than him. JD is only a bit player in something like this.

7. Absolutely need to immediately change the schedule for this season and force UT/OU on the road

8. Not true. He's #2 here. The strategy call last night with the remaining B12 members were the Presidents and ADs, and apparently the ADs did a lot of the legwork. Donati HAS to make alliances with Hocutt and whoever the Oky State AD is. And he needs to be telling Baylor that we are friends.

Horned Toad likes this.
  9. Time to get some tiffs treats sent out

10. Texas and OU officials plan to inform the Big 12 on Monday that they won’t renew when the league’s grant of rights expire in 2025, a step that clears the path for the SEC to formally consider adding Texas and OU.

Again, barring unforeseen circumstances, an SEC vote on adding Texas and Oklahoma "could move quickly," the source told Horns247.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...rm-Big-12-planning-to-leave-league-168151146/

11. I don’t get what they’ve all worked up about. Regardless of their conference affiliation and its membership, the Aggies will continue to field professional players and achieve mediocrity.

Sweat Equity, WIN and Bob Sugar like this.
  12. A&M will take their little brother status in the SEC and like it. Mississippi State West, Whoop!

Bob Sugar and Paul in uhh like this.
  13. I would LOL. Take the whole thing down.

Moose Stuff likes this.
  14. heard that a representative for ou,texas and the mouse network made a brief appearance last night during the call. here is an exclusive video clip:

Sweat Equity likes this.
  15. Let’s be real … whatever is left of the Big 12 will be a group of 6 conference without OU/Texas, and maybe Kansas and others.

Chongo94 and Eight like this.
  16. A gutted B12/AAC merger has no more relevance than the current AAC has but if its all we got, than its all we got. Have a hard time believing we would retain an auto bid to the college football playoff so essentially a "New B12" is just another G5 conference with slightly more fire power. Not necessarily a bad thing if we can retain some recruiting prowess but I highly doubt that happens.

We need OU/UT to pay us out quickly. That money will buoy us while we figure out a life of penny pinching.

Chongo94 likes this.
  17. I'll just go ahead and do some real hard-hitting journalism and break the story that all 8 of the other Big 12 teams are "talking" or "planning to talk" with the ACC, Big 10, and PAC-12. They're all doing it.