• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Chongo94

hope that’s true! I would love to see avg tv ratings by team, be very telling. All I could find was from 2013 and Tcu was ~48 with 1.3M per game.

I believe that TCU games actually routinely outdraw (in terms of tv ratings) Tech games here in dfw despite the massive amounts of Tech alumni up here.

Wexahu

Pete Thamel from espn just said he thinks this (UT and OU) will probably happen and that the Big 12 will try to grab the best schools that are still kind of available. Said that most of the other conferences wouldn’t really want any of the schools still left in big 12.

I’ve thought this conference was a deadman walking the last few years. Looks like the journey to the chair is almost over.

Its amazing that schools like WSU, Oregon State, Wake Forest and Syracuse might survive this mess. Gotta think many more shakeups are soon coming.

It was fun while it lasted.

Pete Thamel from espn just said he thinks this (UT and OU) will probably happen and that the Big 12 will try to grab the best schools that are still kind of available. Said that most of the other conferences wouldn’t really want any of the schools still left in big 12.

I’ve thought this conference was a deadman walking the last few years. Looks like the journey to the chair is almost over.
It is highly likely it will happen like this. Conferences will follow the dollar and the reality is none of the BIg 12 leftovers expand the pie enough for expansion or to dilute rivalries more.

NYC Horned Frog

Sports Journalism could have been a fun career path these days. You get some leads or insiders (no absolute power from the lead or insiders, but said party might throw out an opinion that they want). Then you talk to other pawns doing the same thing. You write your “opinion” off their opinions based as fact (we’ll never reveal source!)

It’s wrong.

Do it again.

No one remembers you brought nothing to the table to begin with. Next SCOOP!

Sorry, I’ve been drinking whiskey in South Padre all day. Point of this is, Pete can go scheiss himself.

Go Frogs!

LVH

Its amazing that schools like WSU, Oregon State, Wake Forest and Syracuse might survive this mess. Gotta think many more shakeups are soon coming.

It was fun while it lasted.

They won't survive... those schools will be shown the door eventually as the blue bloods and big state schools continue to shrink the pie and mouths to feed

the end game is a 24-36 team super organization

To Pete’s credit, it’s actually possible the Big 12 survives with an original 6-8 members plus 4-6 more from the AAC or so. Not likely, but one possible outcome of all this, certainly.

Which is of course hilarious to me because all the people who have been arguing the Big 12 should add Memphis etc. to shore things up… they’d be proven right in the end! Wild.

Paul in uhh

To Pete’s credit, it’s actually possible the Big 12 survives with an original 6-8 members plus 4-6 more from the AAC or so. Not likely, but one possible outcome of all this, certainly.

Which is of course hilarious to me because all the people who have been arguing the Big 12 should add Memphis etc. to shore things up… they’d be proven right in the end! Wild.
So.. say we lose UT and OU and then feel the need to add 8 to get up to 16. Who gets the call?

Christcu

Del Conte, back when he was at the helm, used to talk abt the inevitable threat of a certain few in the Big 12 to the SEC and how we would have to decision tree our path fwd should that happen. Not suggesting this article is anything more than a rumor, but Del Conte was pretttttty informed.
It might be another reason why Schlossnagle left as well..... CDC might have informed him.

Pharm Frog

It might be another reason why Schlossnagle left as well..... CDC might have informed him.

Moose in 3…2…1 followed by FrogLaw and a steel “like” or two. So I’m just wondering if CDC informed Jim before or after Tadlock said “no” in this fantasy scenario.

So.. say we lose UT and OU and then feel the need to add 8 to get up to 16. Who gets the call?
I could see adding only 2 to get to 10 before going all the way to 16. To me Houston and Cincy are almost certainly in if the league backfills. After that a tier of Memphis, UCF, USF, SMU, and then maybe BYU and the top MWC schools. I could see staying at 10 by adding Cincy and Houston.