1. The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by CryptoMiner, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:53 PM.

1. I do not have access....but assume the headline sums it up nicely.

2. College sports inching closer and closer to pro sports with worse players. And I’m inching closer and closer having it join ranks with things that I used to care about like the Olympics, the NBA, and to some degree the NFL.

Flying T, Genbukan, StigFrog and 17 others like this.

4. If they leave the Frogs will rise to the top of the Big 12 and take one of the 6 best Conference champs in the playoff every year. Might be a good thing.

5. Ah, the 4 boring "B"s of Summer. baseball, boxing, bowling, and BS.....

6. An announcement in a few weeks?

"Texas and Oklahoma of the Big 12 have both reached out to the Southeastern Conference about potentially joining the powerful league, a high-ranking college official with knowledge of the situation told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday," Zwerneman writes.

"An announcement could come within a couple of weeks concerning the potential addition of UT and OU to the league, the person said, which would give the SEC 16 schools and make it the first of a national super-conference."

7. UTurds in the SEC??? Might finish middle of the pack if lucky.

They are not SEC caliber in football. It would be fun to watch the Aggies blow them out each year.

Spike likes this.
  8. I don’t think the state legislature will want Tech left out of the fun.

Horned Toad likes this.
  9. none of this is happening

10. one of those pods is not like the other three

LisaLT likes this.
  11. yeah it doesn't really make that much sense.

12. not sure what texas and out get out of this if in fact the new cfp format falls into place

when the next big change in college football conferences happen two schools that don't have to worry about being left without a chair are ou and texas so why jump to a conference where you are swimming damn hard upstream each season

13. Texas isn't as sexy as they think they are. SEC isn't looking for any help these days...

Paul in uhh likes this.
  14. Would not bother me one bit and knowing the ags would be upset makes it glorious. Besides, only one of the 16 can win the conference.

4 Oaks Frog likes this.
  15. I don’t think many programs care as much about winning anymore as they do about money.

16. SEC: We already have a mediocre UT. And Longhorn Network? BWAHAHA!