• The KillerFrogs

Hilarious Tech thread on...

Chongo94

I highly recommend this thread. Everyone is posting pics/gifs and whatever of what they think will happen to A&M once it enters the SEC. You may have to let some of them load for a bit, but it's very funny.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=7769534&p=1

jack the frog

WRASTELIN.gif

Like this one

Stiff Arm Frog

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to Texas A&M becoming the new Baylor. You just know they're going to average 4 wins a year in that conference -- Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Baylor don't play in the SEC.

But all we're going to hear from now on is, "we're in a way better conference, so eff you!" :biggrin:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I highly recommend this thread. Everyone is posting pics/gifs and whatever of what they think will happen to A&M once it enters the SEC. You may have to let some of them load for a bit, but it's very funny.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=7769534&p=1

That is a great thread. A week or two back I linked to a similarly creative thread making fun of the TCU and TTU Qudditch teams. The TTU message board posters were far more creative and derisive of it than us. All we got was a current TCU student defending the indefensible practice of dressing up in Harry Potter garb. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed by our current angst.

AggieFrog

We won't be any worse than Arkansas and that would be okay by me (and unlike Arkansas, we aren't losing the source of our recruiting by leaving). Will the Ags win the SEC in the next few years? Likely not. But will the Big 12 even exist in 5 years? No, regardless of whether we leave or not.

We'll be better than okay in every other sport (this is based on 2010-11 results):

A%252526M%252520vs%252520the%252520SEC.png

We won't be any worse than Arkansas and that would be okay by me (and unlike Arkansas, we aren't losing the source of our recruiting by leaving). Will the Ags win the SEC in the next few years? Likely not. But will the Big 12 even exist in 5 years? No, regardless of whether we leave or not.

We'll be better than okay in every other sport (this is based on 2010-11 results):

You really think A&M would have finished 5th in the SEC last year?

ok. :wacko: :wacko:

Deep Purple

Some funny stuff there, but two things occurred to me as I scrolled through...

1. This is what's really gong to happen to A&M in the SEC:

cashcowy.jpg

2. And this is the potential fate of Tech:

rejected_card.jpg

Tom Brown

Apparently Aggie has no respect for the Cocks. They were in the SEC title game for football and are back to back champs in baseball. This grid sucks.

jack the frog

You really think A&M would have finished 5th in the SEC last year?

ok. :wacko: :wacko:

Hell, let 'em have 5th. Best aggie team in what, 15 or 20 years or something and they might have been 5th. Holy smokes.
Glad the aggies finally grew a pair but they better have the sights set on BCS this year. The Beef O Brady Bowl is where the 5th or 6th SEC finisher goes bowling I believe.

kidkarr

I think it is a great move for aggies. I also believe they can compete in a few years. Recruiting will be way better. I hate the ags but they have solid programs in most all sports and remarkable facilities. Texas arrogance just made aggie way better in my opinion.

Regardless of how A$M fares in the SEC, it was still the savviest move they

could have made. Distancing themselves from the suffocating tentacles of

the University of Texas was definitely a step in the right direction. IMHO

YCBJ Frog

Hell, let 'em have 5th. Best aggie team in what, 15 or 20 years or something and they might have been 5th. Holy smokes.
Glad the aggies finally grew a pair but they better have the sights set on BCS this year. The Beef O Brady Bowl is where the 5th or 6th SEC finisher goes bowling I believe.

1. BCS
2. Usually BCS again
3. Citrus Bowl (Capital One)
4. Cotton Bowl/Tangerine Bowl (Outback Bowl)
5. Tangerine Bowl/Cotton Bowl
6. Gator Bowl
7. Liberty Bowl
8. Music City Bowl
9. Independence Bowl
10. Papa Johns Bowl

Sadly, A&M could have a losing record in the SEC and will still have good bowl options so long as they are eligible.

anom

Yeah i agree with the notion that regardless of what happens to them in the SEC, the fact that the SEC is going to exist in 5 years, and the fact that tech right now is not in a good position...

AnM > Tech

jstrat

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1313339548' post='891785']
1. BCS
2. Usually BCS again
3. Citrus Bowl (Capital One)
4. Cotton Bowl/Tangerine Bowl (Outback Bowl)
5. Tangerine Bowl/Cotton Bowl
6. Gator Bowl
7. Liberty Bowl
8. Music City Bowl
9. Independence Bowl
10. Papa Johns Bowl

Sadly, A&M could have a losing record in the SEC and will still have good bowl options so long as they are eligible.
[/quote]

SEC has best bowl tie ins bar none. I think the Cotton bowl is actually SEC #3 and even the SEC #9 team plays Big East #5.