• The KillerFrogs

Heavy: Jamie Dixon UCLA Rumors: Will TCU Coach Leave for Bruins?

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
You ever been to an office party that was really generic and hastily thrown together, maybe you thought it was going to be a random Friday party but turned out to be a retirement party for Lois in accounting?

This thread is a Chris Beard celebration party disguised as a Dixon Sucks party.

Who cares that Tech hired clearly one of the best coaching prospects to show up in recent decades? La dee dah, good for them. Meanwhile, Dixon still has us trending way upwards from where we were several years back. The two are not mutually exclusive.

tetonfrog

How long is this thread going to go on? Stop feeding the trolls fellas. We can all agree on these things:

1) We are happy to have JD here. Personally, I was thrilled when we hired him and believe he is the best coach we will ever hire. Some people might believe he is overpaid. I am not one of them.
2) This year was a disappointment. But it is one year. The injuries and transfers crippled us. If they occur again next year, then it is a trend and we should be concerned.
3) We hope to see improvement in our half-court offense and our in-bounds play. If we see Davis or another PG dribbling around the perimeter endlessly in our half-court offense then we should be concerned. Hopefully, the offense will run through Bane next year.
4) I can't wait to see how our young core improves next year. Samuels, Davis, RJ and Noi will be back and should lead the way for us. I also hope to see Bane take 20-25 shots a game. I am not a Kobe fan, but would love to see Dez have that Mamba mindset.
5) Tech fans suck ass. But they have a good coach in Beard and are enjoying a magical season. I am curious to see if he stays in Lubbock. CDC will call soon and so will many others. I could even see UCLA call him if their other candidates fall through. If he leaves, then they will drop off. But kudos to them and best of luck to them in the Final Four. The only negative will be there more Tech trolls on our board. I wish our mods would play D like the Raiders do.

LVH

Texas Tech was also further along as a program when Beard took over. They were coming off an NCAA appearance, and had Bob Knight running the program in the 2000s.

Dixon had to take over a dumpster fire.

Pharm Frog

I want to know but I refuse to take that clickbait.

Dixon refused to talk about any UCLA speculation during a media availability for the NIT semifinals on Monday at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. “I don’t talk about rumors, speculation ... no part of it,” Dixon told the Star-Telegram. “I don’t think it’s good for anyone involved. I stay consistent in that regard.”

The most Dixon would say about his job, “For me, I’m just thankful to be coaching basketball and doing what I do. “I can sit here and tell you this -- we’re coaching the game that we love and fortunate to be doing it as long as I have.”

ftwfrog

Haven’t we figured out, a smart coach doesn’t say, “I’m staying here and I’ll never leave. I love it here. Heck I’d work for free.”

Just an awful way of ever getting a raise or contract extension.

ShreveFrog

Of course JD's not going to say much with the team still trying to win two games. Probably some fire to go with this smoke. Hope he stays and next year we have better fortune in the injury department. Go Frogs!

PO Frog

Seems dumb but you don’t say that sort of thing unless you’re listening. I suppose he could be negotiating a bump but I don’t love that either.

Dogfrog

Nobody seems to have a problem with CGP continually saying that he will always listen. Dixon probably wants to be considered whether he wants the job or not.