• The KillerFrogs

Heavy: Jamie Dixon UCLA Rumors: Will TCU Coach Leave for Bruins?

Zubaz

6. The comment above that "UCLA has fired the last two coaches for having better track records that Dixon has had at TCU"? No, obviously nobody is ever fired for having a good record. Steve Alford was let go because his teams were underperforming. His teams played very poor defense. They looked disorganized at times. He was let go for , basically, not being all that good of a coach...and continually losing games to very overmatched teams.
This doesn't really sound to me like a refutation, just a rewording. The fact is that Alford got to the Sweet 16 three different times, something Dixon has never done at (and something the Frogs have only done 4 times in their entire history), and was fired. Phrasing that as "underperforming" is kind of the point, that a Sweet 16 is not the goal at UCLA, whereas at TCU it would get you a statue outside of our arena.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Here's a Forbes article on TOTAL tax burden by state. CA is #45 (lowest 1 to highest 50), Texas is #5.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emeg45ehhij/tax-burden-state-by-sta/#7d2617b83a67

Here's a USA Today article on TOTAL tax burden with CA #47 and Texas #6.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...americans-pay-least-and-most-taxes/350963002/
Interesting stuff thanks for sharing.

God that Forbes "article" is a beating though, with a 50 image long slideshow with ads in between, when a simple 50-line list would have been preferable. I LOATHE the modern journalistic style.

AroundWorldFrog

Interesting stuff thanks for sharing.

God that Forbes "article" is a beating though, with a 50 image long slideshow with ads in between, when a simple 50-line list would have been preferable. I LOATHE the modern journalistic style.
Should warned about that. Just read the ratings I wrote.

Froggish

Do you mind sharing with us your list of the better coaches who will want the job?

No....Obviously I haven’t been contacted by coaches who may want the job...Perhaps you could just share what about my post you don’t like. I’m guessing it’s either that there might be better coaches on the planet or that TCU would be a destination for one of those coaches. Neither debate seems fun or necessary.

I doubt anyone really desires to have a debate on what coaches might be better than JD...That seems less then productive.

Dogfrog

ucla in the last 15 years or so have made 6 sweet 16's and 3 final 4's. i believe tcu has made 1 tournament during that time and i don't think the frogs have any win's while it was just 2 years ago ucla went to the sweet 16 which i think you have to win at least one game.

they do have issues such as a poorly run ad department and their facilities are not top tier.

what they do have going for them is they sit among an area loaded with talent and even with alford they have had plenty of talent on the floor. in this decade alone they have had 14 players taken in the nba draft. not sure who the last frog to get drafted in the nba was, maybe kurt thomas.

to say tcu is a better basketball program than ucla really is staggering

Which is why I said 2018-19. Now. Today. I don’t give one rip about UCLA history.

Dogfrog

I am all for homer goggles but...c'mon. UCLA's "down" is right around TCU's peak over the last 20 years. They've made tournament runs inside of the last 20 years that puts anything we've done in our program's history to shame. The guy that just got fired made multiple Sweet 16's.

If you want to say that he'd have a far shorter leash and that expectations are going to be well higher, yeah I'm totally with you. As stated, Steve Alford just got fired despite having a better resume than what Dixon did at Pitt and TCU during the same time period. That makes sense. The taxes thing I tend to think can be worked out just by hitting a certain number. But to say that UCLA is a dumpster fire? Or that TCU is a better program? Yeesh.

Again, I’ll let you swoon over UCLA history. I don’t care. Who argued that we haven’t sucked forever? Right now at this moment we are better than them.

Brog

No....Obviously I haven’t been contacted by coaches who may want the job...Perhaps you could just share what about my post you don’t like. I’m guessing it’s either that there might be better coaches on the planet or that TCU would be a destination for one of those coaches. Neither debate seems fun or necessary.

I doubt anyone really desires to have a debate on what coaches might be better than JD...That seems less then productive.

Hey, me friend! I like what you say, but here's what you DID say:
If JD is to go, I think there are better coaches who will not only want the job but can continue the trajectory.
Just want to know who these better coaches who will want the job are. That's not asking for debate. Just want more information.

netty2424

Hey, me friend! I like what you say, but here's what you DID say:
If JD is to go, I think there are better coaches who will not only want the job but can continue the trajectory.
Just want to know who these better coaches who will want the job are. That's not asking for debate. Just want more information.
Is CJD a top 10 coach? Top 25, 50, 75? In your opinion, where is he in the D1 landscape?

It’s not unreasonable to think if he leaves, he can’t be replaced by an “equal” or better talent.

If he stays, great! Glad to have him. If he leaves, so be it. This isn’t a GP level scenario, IMO.

Froggish

Is CJD a top 10 coach? Top 25, 50, 75? In your opinion, where is he in the D1 landscape?

It’s not unreasonable to think if he leaves, he can’t be replaced by an “equal” or better talent.

If he stays, great! Glad to have him. If he leaves, so be it. This isn’t a GP level scenario, IMO.

Not sure how you could quantify it...JD is good coach but there are plenty out there...

Brog

And which of these top 25, 50, 75, do you think want the job? Would just like some names, but none are forthcoming. If you've got a list of even 25, better Donati quickly.

netty2424

And which of these top 25, 50, 75, do you think want the job? Call Donati quickly.
Don’t be afraid to answer the question? If he’s a top 10 guy then you don’t have many options. If he’s a middle of the pack guy then you have options. Don’t lose any sleep over it. It’ll be ok.

Froggish

And which of these top 25, 50, 75, do you think want the job? Would just like some names, but none are forthcoming. If you've got a list of even 25, better Donati quickly.

Well known that Buzz Williams wanted to get a TCU offer when we were going after JD..He is how rumored to be taking over the A&M job

Eight

and? in your original post on this you said the wooden days were long gone now you trot it back out.

killer cheated as well so freaking what.......they cheated better i guess.

i stand by that in the last 15 years they have been to multiple sweet sixteens, multiple final fours, won multiple conference titles, have multiple players taken in the nba draft and have former players counting multi-million dollar checks to update facitilies

frogs aren't pushing ucla in any of those areas and even in a down year the bruins will have someone(s) from this team end up on an nba roster.