• The KillerFrogs

Have these urban legends survived with today's students?

Lone Frog

Anybody remember Darth Barr?

Peggy Barr? All too well. She kinda hated me.

I remember the Reed Hall flasher too. He had a run of frequent activity sometime around '89 or '90, which we of course covered in the Skiff. I recall a letter we got about it from someone who'd clearly just bought himself a fancy new thesaurus excoriating us for sensationalism and insisting (quite seriously) that said flasher be referred to as "an unclothed occupant of Reed Hall." Wish I still had a copy of that letter. We laughed about it for days in the newsroom.

Anyone else remember Reverend Rambo? Or the one dude camped out in front of the chapel protesting TCU's investments in South Africa?

BillupsFrog

Anyone remember the Beaver Lady from Ol' South Pancake House? She was missing all those teeth and sang the "Beaver" song with that ratty looking beaver finger puppet!

researchfrog

Wandering homeless skateboarder with dreadlocks, BOOM

He wasn't homeless. And I have seen him around within the last year or so.

Anyone remember "Rooster", selling flowers at the corner of University and Berry? On a Fort Worth Facebook group, someone said he is now in New Mexico selling newspapers.

bsquared63

She and the house are still around. Saw her at a local restaurant busing tables. Drove by the house about 6 months ago, not hard to tell which one it is.

I remember waking up one morning with some of Crazy Agnes' painted fence posts leaning against my dorm room door. I also recall a story of somebody lighting her fence on fire. We used to see her at Whataburger on Berry late night and she was always carrying around about 75 newspapers.

gofrogs152

Completely remember the Reed Flasher and Reverand Rambo, standing out ther on the median of University Blvd. We used to have a grand old time with Reverand Rambo on our way to/from classes.

Also remember the toothless Ol South Waitress, and I'm completely blanking on her name. Used to sing "I'm a little sexpot" to the tune of "I'm a little teapot."

Lone Frog

Completely remember the Reed Flasher and Reverand Rambo, standing out ther on the median of University Blvd. We used to have a grand old time with Reverand Rambo on our way to/from classes.

Also remember the toothless Ol South Waitress, and I'm completely blanking on her name. Used to sing "I'm a little sexpot" to the tune of "I'm a little teapot."
Was her name Elvira? The one who left little unicorn stamps all over the check when she brought it out?

gofrogs152

Was her name Elvira? The one who left little unicorn stamps all over the check when she brought it out?

I want to say something like Maxeen or Doreen, but I don't think that's right.

This will now haunt me all day and I'll think of it during the middle of one of my afternoon meetings.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
How about "Fred the Arsonist", in Milton Daniel? Fires were being set off in large trash cans. For weeks on end around 1979, fire alarms would go off off in the middle of the night. Everyone had to evacuate each time until the Fire Marshall declared it safe to go back in. It was a major pain in everyone's sleep. We are talking around 3-4 AM.

Eventually "Fred" was caught. He was a football manager that everyone liked. Of course he was arrested & kicked out. Never heard what happened to him after that.

gofrogs152

How about "Fred the Arsonist", in Milton Daniel? Fires were being set off in large trash cans. For weeks on end around 1979, fire alarms would go off off in the middle of the night. Everyone had to evacuate each time until the Fire Marshall declared it safe to go back in. It was a major pain in everyone's sleep. We are talking around 3-4 AM.

Eventually "Fred" was caught. He was a football manager that everyone liked. Of course he was arrested & kicked out. Never heard what happened to him after that.

Wow, I didn't know TCU was around in 1979!

Just kidding, just kidding, don't banme! :biggrin:

Froglaw

I was about to post the TCU Arsonist story.

My roommate (now a DOC preacher) and I slept through the fire alarm.

I got up at the banging of our dormroom door by buddies who lived next door.

Roommate sat up, looked around, said, "I don't see any flames" and went back to sleep.

Lucky we did not all burn up.

The Arsonist dated a girl from my High School. Really a weird deal. We all thought he was a pretty good guy.

I hadn't thought about that part of my life in years.