• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I watched a few episodes from season one of Superstore. I found it to be unwatchable. The characters were awful and contrived and the jokes were unfunny. One character had a voice that was so weirdly fake and unrealistic. Every time he spoke, it was like nails on a chalk board.
**I felt similarly about Parks and Rec in the early episodes. It felt like the main character (Leslie) was trying too hard to be a female Michael Scott. The writers and actors eventually found their groove and Parks and Rec became a really good show. Are you telling me that Superstore has improved And is now funny? Maybe I need to give it another chance.
Lol yeah, even my wife complains about the manager’s whiny voice. That said, happy wife happy life…good mindless entertainment when nothing else to watch

froginmn

Melissa Rauch and John Laroquette are teaming up for a Night Court sequel. I was a big fan of the original - mostly because of Laroquette - but I’m not expecting much out of this. Very difficult to recapture that magic. I suspect we’ll start seeing drop-ins from the old cast that remains alive (Bull and Roz, I guess) shortly, and probably Brent Spiner, too (who did a recurring ignorant country folk type character that was constantly in trouble). And that will signal the beginning of the end.
You just told me that Markie Post died.

Mean Purple

Melissa Rauch and John Laroquette are teaming up for a Night Court sequel. I was a big fan of the original - mostly because of Laroquette - but I’m not expecting much out of this. Very difficult to recapture that magic. I suspect we’ll start seeing drop-ins from the old cast that remains alive (Bull and Roz, I guess) shortly, and probably Brent Spiner, too (who did a recurring ignorant country folk type character that was constantly in trouble). And that will signal the beginning of the end.
I have the same feeling about that show. Without Anderson's talent to match Laroquette's chops, just can't see that lasting.

Still hard to believe that Harry Anderson and Markie Post are both gone. Anderson's death made me realize how dangerous the flu can really be. Post's passing made me realize how valuable that poster of her in the swimsuit is.

Eight

I have the same feeling about that show. Without Anderson's talent to match Laroquette's chops, just can't see that lasting.

Still hard to believe that Harry Anderson and Markie Post are both gone. Anderson's death made me realize how dangerous the flu can really be. Post's passing made me realize how valuable that poster of her in the swimsuit is.

there were a few other pics of her that showed she had a damn good fastball in her day

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That sounds like the worst idea of 2023.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

I remember Harry Anderson doing short stand up bit at the old brown Lupton student center back when I was a student in the 70s.