• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

If you see someone at Disney in TCU gear it’s probably me. Is it douchy? I don’t care either way.
My daughter was a character actor there for a semester. That means she put on the costumes and walked around interacting with the kids. Lots of creepy guys out there that know those costumes likely contain a female. They have handlers and hand signals for when they need help, because those costumes allow little to no peripheral vision, so it is easy to get stuck in a bad spot.

Eight

My daughter was a character actor there for a semester. That means she put on the costumes and walked around interacting with the kids. Lots of creepy guys out there that know those costumes likely contain a female. They have handlers and hand signals for when they need help, because those costumes allow little to no peripheral vision, so it is easy to get stuck in a bad spot.

not to sound uncaring about anything your daughter might have endured, but i will admit as soon as i read your post i immediately went to spanish from old school at the birthday party which lead me of course to.........

nwlafrog

Anyone vacationed in Navarre, FL? Looks to be less touristy and more chill from what little research I’ve done.

Looking into a few different places around that area to book before we trek to Orlando later this summer.

Mean Purple

That’s terrible. I had an engine explode on a MD-80 out of O’Hare. Big Bang, whole plane starts shaking, pilot says no big deal just a compressor went out. Fastest descent I’ve ever been a part of into Tulsa. Pilot says they’ve looked at plane and nothing to worry about. Just going to deplane for a few minutes and then get back on our way to Dallas. We are all hanging out looking out the window as the plane is towed away with the whole back left side blackened.

I rented a car and drove back to Dallas.
I just booked a flight and y'all are making me nervous.

Frogenstein

My family is doing a California swing next week, including Disneyland later in the week after the Peace family. But hearing stories about Spring Break travels brings me around to the original purpose of the thread (sorry)--how much TCU clothing should you wear while traveling and when do you cross the line into douchiness? Unfortunately, we will be traveling with some Mississippi kin who will be repping MSU everyday I'm sure.
You’ll be fine. Having been to Disneyland during Spring Break a few years ago it looked like a SWC reunion with everyone from Texas walking around repping their school.

Ron Swanson

My family is doing a California swing next week, including Disneyland later in the week after the Peace family. But hearing stories about Spring Break travels brings me around to the original purpose of the thread (sorry)--how much TCU clothing should you wear while traveling and when do you cross the line into douchiness? Unfortunately, we will be traveling with some Mississippi kin who will be repping MSU everyday I'm sure.
I wear the occasional TCU hat or shirt while on vacation. I try not to go overboard.

I try to tone it down and be a reasonable person so as not to be judged as dooshy super fan guy.

I’ll say this... I’ve never looked at someone else who’s a fan of any other school or pro team and thought, “that guy sure is cool, look how often he wears his team’s gear”. And generally it’s quite the opposite reaction.

EDIT: A good rule of thumb is never two pieces of TCU gear at once unless at a TCU sporting event.

Eight

i think the biggest question really is what color jacket are you taking with you?

MTfrog5

I wear the occasional TCU hat or shirt while on vacation. I try not to go overboard.

I try to tone it down and be a reasonable person so as not to be judged as dooshy super fan guy.

I’ll say this... I’ve never looked at someone else who’s a fan of any other school or pro team and thought, “that guy sure is cool, look how often he wears his team’s gear”. And generally it’s quite the opposite reaction.

EDIT: A good rule of thumb is never two pieces of TCU gear at once unless at a TCU sporting event.
Agreed except for bowl games. I’ll wear something TCU out every chance at bowl games. Normal vacation I might wear a shirt or hat but never both.

Dogfrog

Agree and would add that if my wife wears a TCU item I will take mine off any place other than a game. Don’t really want to be the TCU hyper couple either.

netty2424

she's pop pretending to be country.

btw, I picked up a new felt the other day. American. (felt odd not to buy a resistol). may take a while to break in. usually a good sign.
Seems like I’m seeing more and more American advertisements every day. They’re doing a good job marketing themselves.

Wore my silverbelly today in fact!

What color you go with?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
All our cigar loving friends here, Underground Cigar is having their annual Cigarfest tomorrow starting at noon. Tickets are a little pricey at just over $100 but I'm not talking to the wrong crowd plus the freebies are usually worth more than that. I'm certain they'll be glad to sell you a walk up ticket, and mention you know Mario the sound guy, and if they don't give you an admission discount I will come over and beat them up.

https://www.nfg19.com

Mean Purple

All our cigar loving friends here, Underground Cigar is having their annual Cigarfest tomorrow starting at noon. Tickets are a little pricey at just over $100 but I'm not talking to the wrong crowd plus the freebies are usually worth more than that. I'm certain they'll be glad to sell you a walk up ticket, and mention you know Mario the sound guy, and if they don't give you an admission discount I will come over and beat them up.

https://www.nfg19.com
I have to get back to smoking a cigar more than once every blue moon so I can go to something like that.

Latest posts