• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Boomhauer

Scheduled a week of vacation for Orlando Florida to take the kids to Disney World in early June. Please send good vibes, t’s And p’s in early because I can barely make it across town with them before I’m threatening to pull the car over in “full dad mode.”

Headed there next week with the family. Kids are pumped, but those pre-kid days of relaxing vacations are long gone.

nwlafrog

Headed there next week with the family. Kids are pumped, but those pre-kid days of relaxing vacations are long gone.

We booked at the holiday inn resort that has a water park in it or something. Hope it will be nice. I’m just dreading the 13hr drive with fighting kids. I think I’ll buy them a Nintendo switch with income taxes to keep them busy during the trip..... also, the switch just looks rad and I wanna play so that’s another reason to make Mrs. NWLA drive a little bit while I make an excuse and instigate a fight with the kids.

Let me know how it goes because I’ve heard that it’s actually pretty fun even for adults.

Boomhauer

We booked at the holiday inn resort that has a water park in it or something. Hope it will be nice. I’m just dreading the 13hr drive with fighting kids. I think I’ll buy them a Nintendo switch with income taxes to keep them busy during the trip..... also, the switch just looks rad and I wanna play so that’s another reason to make Mrs. NWLA drive a little bit while I make an excuse and instigate a fight with the kids.

Let me know how it goes because I’ve heard that it’s actually pretty fun even for adults.

We bought some portable DVD players to put on the headrests and that kept our kids entertained on our drive to Rosemary beach last summer. The switch would definitely work. We’ve got a 5mo old and I had no interest in making a long drive with a baby, been there done that, so we’re flying on this trip.

nwlafrog

We bought some portable DVD players to put on the headrests and that kept our kids entertained on our drive to Rosemary beach last summer. The switch would definitely work. We’ve got a 5mo old and I had no interest in making a long drive with a baby, been there done that, so we’re flying on this trip.

Don’t even get me started on Southwest Airlines. They scheissed my arse hard and gave me $800 vouchers for 24hrs travel time from switching 4 planes for mechanical failures, mechanics on strike, oldest fleet, least amount of legroom on modified 737’s to seat more passengers. Etc.

Never flying them again and now my wife is scarred shipless of planes after the hydraulics blew out on take off from LAX on our 3rd plane.

Soooo.... anyone want southwest tickets? Lol

MTfrog5

Going to that area in June and looking forward to that 13 hour drive as well. Leaving early so hopefully our 8 year old sleeps half of the trip.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Don’t even get me started on Southwest Airlines. They scheissed my arse hard and gave me $800 vouchers for 24hrs travel time from switching 4 planes for mechanical failures, mechanics on strike, oldest fleet, least amount of legroom on modified 737’s to seat more passengers. Etc.

Never flying them again and now my wife is scarred shipless of planes after the hydraulics blew out on take off from LAX on our 3rd plane.

I'll take them. Love Southwest.

Darn American Airlines.

SnoSki

I’ll take em

SnoSki

The last major issue I had with an airline was United 2 years ago.

We were taking off from Denver to go to Maui. After 30 mins in the air the pilot assounces that an engine was overheating and we’d need to turn around for an emergency landing in Denver.

Get back safely to Denver and disembark. After waiting for hours at the help desk in the terminal, the United people say sure, they’ll put us all on the next available flight in the reschedule if there are open seats. All 300 of us.

Turns out that all the flights from Denver to Maui for the next 4 days have only 2-3 seats available and it may be up to a week before everyone is accommodated. This was their final answer instead of bringing in a new plane for us all. They offer $100 vouchers to everyone.

Since we only had 7 days or so available to travel ny family and I were forced to book one way flights to Phoenix on American, then catch an American flight from Phoenix to Maui, then take United back home from Maui to Denver.

Huuuuuuge annoyance and the staff and company could not have cared less. We never got a refund or credit for the Denver to Maui segment.

Purp

We were taking off from Denver to go to Maui. After 30 mins in the air the pilot assounces that an engine was overheating and we’d need to turn around for an emergency landing in Denver.

Get back safely to Denver and disembark. After waiting for hours at the help desk in the terminal, the United people say sure, they’ll put us all on the next available flight in the reschedule if there are open seats. All 300 of us.

Turns out that all the flights from Denver to Maui for the next 4 days have only 2-3 seats available and it may be up to a week before everyone is accommodated. This was their final answer instead of bringing in a new plane for us all. They offer $100 vouchers to everyone.

Since we only had 7 days or so available to travel ny family and I were forced to book one way flights to Phoenix on American, then catch an American flight from Phoenix to Maui, then take United back home from Maui to Denver.

Huuuuuuge annoyance and the staff and company could not have cared less. We never got a refund or credit for the Denver to Maui segment.
United was the worst I ever flew too. Only used them once returning from Germany 15 or so years ago. Got stranded on the tarmac in Philly for 4 hours in the summer and no A/C on the plane while we waited. Flight attendants wouldn't serve drinks or snacks until we took off and they wouldn't let us out of our seats to use the latrine until we took off. One flight attendant threatened me with the air marshal if I didn't get back in my seat. I told her to tell him I was in the latrine and he could arrest me there. Nothing happened except for a few applause from people around me, but the fact that the conversation even had to take place was remarkable. That experience got way worse as I got sick on the plane before it took off. The microwavable deep dish pizza I was served over the ocean on the previous flight never set well and I think the heat on the plane made it bubble up. I had to yak again once we finally got in the air.

I've had issues on every airline, I think. I used to fly a ton. The only ones I felt went above and beyond to make a bad situation better were American and Southwest, but I'll never not fly a certain airline b/c there isn't a single one without some major issues. I might even fly United if I had to and it was the best deal. I've just had too many bad experiences in all of my flying to believe any airline will get it wrong more often than not. Most of the time things go well or circumstances out of their control (weather) make us emotional and want to blame the airline for something that isn't their fault.

netty2424

Update: baby boy did fine with surgery today. I was a little uneasy seeing him in a hospital gown with an IV at just 15 months but he did great! Home now like nothing happened.
Congrats on the successful procedure. Kids are tougher and more resilient than we think sometimes.

You’re very fortunate, for some of us parents, that’s a fairly common scenario to find our kids in. Something you never get used to regardless how often you see it. It’s almost like the first time, every time.

berryfrog95

Enjoy Mickey you guys....

LEGO land California > Disneyworld

Waaaaaay less crowds, better temps.....

Caviat———For 9 yo and younger kids

Southwest non-stop easy trip

ShadowFrog

Moderators

The more I read & see about United, it’s clear, they just don’t give a darn.

Dogfrog

The more I read & see about United, it’s clear, they just don’t give a darn.

Biggest shame ever was when Continental and United merged. After racking up a ton of Continental miles through business travel while living in Houston, now I’m stuck with United out of DFW and it has been a huge letdown.

Eight

Biggest shame ever was when Continental and United merged. After racking up a ton of Continental miles through business travel while living in Houston, now I’m stuck with United out of DFW and it has been a huge letdown.

technically it was a merger, but i think the only thing left that hints at continental is the color of the planes and the logo on the tail.

absolutely ripped the heart and soul out of decent airline and left a festering corpse with no regard for customers and for their older employees.

we will now drive to dallas and fly american over flying united out of iah. just not worth the aggravation of dealing with them.