• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

Fuego Tortilla Grill is pretty good. Right off I-35 just South of Baylor campus, not very far from the place you were at.
I suggest the Dr Pepper Cowboy brisket taco and some poblano queso. The chips will be Baylor green. The company started in College Station and also have one in San Marcos.
Does the place cater to bulimics?

JugbandFrog

Fuego Tortilla Grill is pretty good. Right off I-35 just South of Baylor campus, not very far from the place you were at.
I suggest the Dr Pepper Cowboy brisket taco and some poblano queso. The chips will be Baylor green. The company started in College Station and also have one in San Marcos.
They also have one in San Antonio. It’s okay. I’ll take Taco Palenque Fuego.

tcudoc

Rough evening in central Texas. Had a tornado come through. We caught the outer portion of it. We live on some acreage and have a road to get back to the house. There are about thirty trees down that I know of. Three of them across the road to our house. I have a 4x4 and was trying to get around it. We have had so much rain in the last three weeks that I had no idea the ground was so soft. As I was driving across the wet grass, my 4x4 just basically sunk and I couldn’t get it out. My neighbor saved the day and I hooked up my heavy duty chain and he towed me out. I just took a drive around to see how bad other areas are. Trees and power lines are down all over about a ten square mile area. At one point, there was literally no exit from where I live as dozens of fallen trees covered each escape route. Numerous businesses are destroyed. It looks like a war zone. So far, I’ve heard of no deaths but I suspect there must have been some serious injuries. I suspect we will know more tomorrow after the orthopedic surgeons get done in the ER and start posting cases.

We got very lucky to not have more damage than we did.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Rough evening in central Texas. Had a tornado come through. We caught the outer portion of it. We live on some acreage and have a road to get back to the house. There are about thirty trees down that I know of. Three of them across the road to our house. I have a 4x4 and was trying to get around it. We have had so much rain in the last three weeks that I had no idea the ground was so soft. As I was driving across the wet grass, my 4x4 just basically sunk and I couldn’t get it out. My neighbor saved the day and I hooked up my heavy duty chain and he towed me out. I just took a drive around to see how bad other areas are. Trees and power lines are down all over about a ten square mile area. At one point, there was literally no exit from where I live as dozens of fallen trees covered each escape route. Numerous businesses are destroyed. It looks like a war zone. So far, I’ve heard of no deaths but I suspect there must have been some serious injuries. I suspect we will no more tomorrow after the orthopedic surgeons get done in the ER and start posting cases.

Wow. Prayers for you guys down there.

tcudoc

Our Fleet Manager who’s a Veteran of Afghanistan wrote a novel that will be available through Amazon next week

View attachment 15959

It’s really good. It’s also the third published book to have my name in the acknowledgments.
Why were you acknowledged? Did you assist with editing or as a beta reader?
I have a friend who has written a fantasy trilogy. I helped with editing on the first two and hope he gives me the third one soon to assist. I don't love fantasy novels as a genre, but I thought he did a good job on weaving a complex story. I am interested to see how he finishes it up.

HFrog1999

Why were you acknowledged? Did you assist with editing or as a beta reader?
I have a friend who has written a fantasy trilogy. I helped with editing on the first two and hope he gives me the third one soon to assist. I don't love fantasy novels as a genre, but I thought he did a good job on weaving a complex story. I am interested to see how he finishes it up.

I helped a very little bit with some edits and suggestions. I also gave him some advice on getting it published and marketing. I was the Marketing Director of a very small publishing company many years ago.

Of course he may have just acknowledged me because I’m his boss, lol

He’s a good guy, a patriot and it’s a well written novel

Ron Swanson

Rough evening in central Texas. Had a tornado come through. We caught the outer portion of it. We live on some acreage and have a road to get back to the house. There are about thirty trees down that I know of. Three of them across the road to our house. I have a 4x4 and was trying to get around it. We have had so much rain in the last three weeks that I had no idea the ground was so soft. As I was driving across the wet grass, my 4x4 just basically sunk and I couldn’t get it out. My neighbor saved the day and I hooked up my heavy duty chain and he towed me out. I just took a drive around to see how bad other areas are. Trees and power lines are down all over about a ten square mile area. At one point, there was literally no exit from where I live as dozens of fallen trees covered each escape route. Numerous businesses are destroyed. It looks like a war zone. So far, I’ve heard of no deaths but I suspect there must have been some serious injuries. I suspect we will know more tomorrow after the orthopedic surgeons get done in the ER and start posting cases.

Humble acreage brag

HFrog1999

Humble acreage brag

yellowstone national park forest GIF