• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

I can't seem to find the discussion but if I contributed it'd probably have been something along these lines (where this gets him in Philly is anyone's guess):

Back when they were around, in Texas there was really no penalty for disputing and losing, so if it's the same up there, I'd definitely dispute it.

Many feel red light cameras are unconstitutional, violating the confrontation clause. Specifically here, sounds like he can argue a number of aspects unless there's a wider video/photos with a clear violation. Things like "it wasn't red", to "there was water on the road/just before" or "a tailgater was pressing from behind", even asking for calibration or maintenance records for the camera setup.

Last time I got one I took a morning off to go make my case at the guy's little cubicle in FW. It was the principle for me. Told him it was unsafe to stop short given road conditions. He denied it but about a month later I got a letter saying it had been dismissed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he can get his inspection between now and then it'd be best. But maybe they are like FW used to be and have an online dispute option.
I believe I've heard that Texas has relaxed inspection/registration requirements due to the corona. Given he's in Philly perhaps he could address that with a corona concern and be fine. Honestly, if the traffic camera citation isn't for his inspection I'm not sure why that would be germane anyway.

tcudoc

JoyousDistinctIndianglassfish-small.gif