• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

We live by a river and he had installed electricity and carved out a dirt and rock boat ramp. When we did the survey, it showed the boat ramp and electrical were both on my side of the line. He used a backhoe and cut out another boat ramp and filled the old one in and knocked over the stakes, seemingly on purpose. A few weeks later, now the electric pole is on the other side and the pin in the ground seems to have been moved about a foot over to the other side of the electric pole. It is not a huge electric pole. It is about 5 feet high and steel. Just a place to elevate the underground wiring off the ground to make it accessible. It is really frustrating since we paid a lot of money for the survey. We need to have them come back out to verify it but I would like to have them bill the a hole that moved it.

tenor.gif

HG73

We live by a river and he had installed electricity and carved out a dirt and rock boat ramp. When we did the survey, it showed the boat ramp and electrical were both on my side of the line. He used a backhoe and cut out another boat ramp and filled the old one in and knocked over the stakes, seemingly on purpose. A few weeks later, now the electric pole is on the other side and the pin in the ground seems to have been moved about a foot over to the other side of the electric pole. It is not a huge electric pole. It is about 5 feet high and steel. Just a place to elevate the underground wiring off the ground to make it accessible. It is really frustrating since we paid a lot of money for the survey. We need to have them come back out to verify it but I would like to have them bill the a hole that moved it.
Talk with the surveyor, bet this has happened before.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I did see a phone number on the ticket. I will do what you said. That sounds so much easier. I appreciate the advise. Do I owe you for any billable time for consultation?
I'm a very unusual licensed attorney: I haven't billed anyone for my services in over 15 years, which may explain why I'll probably be moving into a "manufactured home community" soon!

Let us know how it works out for you and good luck!

Last edited:

tcudoc

Does anyone have a link to the long discussion we had one time about video camera traffic light tickets?
My son lives in Philadelphia and received a ticket in the mail for running a red light. The picture shows only his license plate. It’s dark and you can’t see the traffic light to see if it was red.
Seems like someone in here said they were easy to dispute. One complicating factor is that, to do it in line, you need your inspection information. His is a few months out of date, so I don’t know if that stirs up additional problems.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Does anyone have a link to the long discussion we had one time about video camera traffic light tickets?
My son lives in Philadelphia and received a ticket in the mail for running a red light. The picture shows only his license plate. It’s dark and you can’t see the traffic light to see if it was red.
Seems like someone in here said they were easy to dispute. One complicating factor is that, to do it in line, you need your inspection information. His is a few months out of date, so I don’t know if that stirs up additional problems.
I can't seem to find the discussion but if I contributed it'd probably have been something along these lines (where this gets him in Philly is anyone's guess):

Back when they were around, in Texas there was really no penalty for disputing and losing, so if it's the same up there, I'd definitely dispute it.

Many feel red light cameras are unconstitutional, violating the confrontation clause. Specifically here, sounds like he can argue a number of aspects unless there's a wider video/photos with a clear violation. Things like "it wasn't red", to "there was water on the road/just before" or "a tailgater was pressing from behind", even asking for calibration or maintenance records for the camera setup.

Last time I got one I took a morning off to go make my case at the guy's little cubicle in FW. It was the principle for me. Told him it was unsafe to stop short given road conditions. He denied it but about a month later I got a letter saying it had been dismissed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If he can get his inspection between now and then it'd be best. But maybe they are like FW used to be and have an online dispute option.

Frog-in-law1995

Sounds like PA had the same type of red light laws as texas...a civil fine only (like a parking ticket) so they don’t have to prove you were driving and can avoid confrontation clause issues. Here, they mailed you a notice of violation that included photos of the car behind the line with a red light, the car past the line, and the LP. They also included a link to a video of the incident. Triple check, but if none of those actually show a red light, I’d challenge it. If they do, I’d find out what the penalty is for non-payment. Here it was nothing....the law had no teeth whatsoever. So rather than put up the amount of the fine to secure a hearing, it made more sense to just ignore it all than risk losing the hearing and having your money forfeited.