• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SuperBarrFrog

Any of you Houston folks ever eat at Superica? I’ve eaten at the original one in ATL a bunch over the past year and it may be the best Rex Mex I’ve had; easily the best outside of Texas. Looks like it’s been getting great reviews out there now too.

Last edited:

Eight

Any of you Houston folks ever eat at Superica? I’ve eaten at the original open in ATL a bunch over he past year and it may be the best Rex Mex I’ve had; easily the best outside of Texas. Looks like it’s been getting great reviews out there now too.

i live out north of houston, ate there once a few months backs, thought the food was good ,but not live changing and there are too many places on the same level between me and there for me to drive to there just for the food.

would i go again if someone wanted to go? yes, but i am not sure i pick it out.

tex mex in houston is tough, similar to bbg or asian food and you are going to have to be really good to stand out.

SuperBarrFrog

i live out north of houston, ate there once a few months backs, thought the food was good ,but not live changing and there are too many places on the same level between me and there for me to drive to there just for the food.

would i go again if someone wanted to go? yes, but i am not sure i pick it out.

tex mex in houston is tough, similar to bbg or asian food and you are going to have to be really good to stand out.

I hear that. I worked at Papasitos in college and was always a fan of uncle Julio’s as well. I think the superica here is better than both those but I can imagine Houston has a million great spots.

Edit. Just read the chef is a Houston native that is based in ATL. Getting ready to open his 4th restaurant in Houston called The Optimist (great seafood place). Also apparently has La Lucha and State of Grace.

I didn’t realize how many places this chef has; bunch of good restaurants in ATL. He must be as rich flyfishingfrog.

Last edited:

Eight

I hear that. I worked at Papasitos in college and was always a fan of uncle Julio’s as well. I think the superica here is better than both those but I can imagine Houston has a million great spots.

i would put it above papasitos and i do think the food was good.

this is just a really tough market for tex mex as there a few mom and pops in the area that are really good. don't do near the volume, but the quality is as good as any of the bigger places and i am not paying $14-15 dollars for a plate covered in rice and beans with 2 enchiladas

biggest thing they have going for them is the area and the bar is fairly popular

Ron Swanson

Any of you Houston folks ever eat at Superica? I’ve eaten at the original one in ATL a bunch over the past year and it may be the best Rex Mex I’ve had; easily the best outside of Texas. Looks like it’s been getting great reviews out there now too.
Just looked it up and it’s real near my old house. I moved out two years ago so it must’ve been built since then.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Is Andy done for or is he just getting used to his new offense? His numbers are pretty bad (5 tds-3 ints) and now they are 0-4 after losing to Pittsburgh tonight.

Is Andy done for or is he just getting used to his new offense? His numbers are pretty bad (5 tds-3 ints) and now they are 0-4 after losing to Pittsburgh tonight.

Their line is the worst. After being sacked for the 6th time he was so frustrated he heaved the ball back to general vicinity of the referee. Missed him wide by 10 yards and the ball went through the endzone. He doesn't have much to work with on the receiving end either.

He's probably mediocre at best but you can still win with a mediocre QB. They're just a bad team all the way around .