• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

Does anyone on here own rental properties? If so, how do you find renters?

My renter just gave me his two month notice that he’s moving and I’m trying to avoid going through Renters Warehouse this time. They provide a good service, but their cut is the first month’s rent, which is a little steep.

Can I list on Zillow or Redfin or something like that without paying?

Here’s what we did:

We found our renters by listing our property ourselves on Facebook marketplace. We interviewed and selected our renters through personal meetings. Used legal zoom to draw up a contract and used a background check website. We collect the payment personally each month.

By doing that we were able to avoid losing a percentage to an agency.

You can also look into your Air Force Base if there’s one near you. They will place airman and families and get you solid renters who have to maintain your property because they can lose rank if the house is checked and it is in poor condition compared to when they moved in.

Ron Swanson

Here’s what we did:

We found our renters by listing our property ourselves on Facebook marketplace. We interviewed and selected our renters through personal meetings. Used legal zoom to draw up a contract and used a background check website. We collect the payment personally each month.

You can also look into your Air Force Base if there’s one near you. They will place airman and families and get you solid renters who have to maintain your property because they can lose rank if the house is checked and it is in poor condition compared to when they moved in.
FB Marketplace sounds like a good idea. Hadn’t thought of that.

TCURiggs

Here’s what we did:

Ron would probably prefer a Naval base so he could find some quality seamen

200.gif

SnoSki

Super frustrated with TCU right now.

Played music for 3 tennis matches back in late March and early april and sent invoices for payment the very next day.

May 7 rolled around (over 1 month since I performed) and I had not received any checks in the mail. Reached out to the tennis admins (not coach Roditi, he has been great) and they looked into it and said there was some sort of error and asked me to resubmit the invoices, which I did. 3 separate invoices for a fairly large amount of money.

Two more weeks go by and last Wednesday I follow up again, and they apologize for yet another mixup and assure me the 3 invoices would be paid and mailed to me last Friday.

Mail comes in today, and it’s a check... for the 3rd invoice only, still leaving me $900 short of what I’m owed.

Unbelievable. I am so disappointed and I hope they don’t treat their other vendors with such poor service.

Eight

Played music for 3 tennis matches back in late March and early april and sent invoices for payment the very next day.

May 7 rolled around (over 1 month since I performed) and I had not received any checks in the mail. Reached out to the tennis admins (not coach Roditi, he has been great) and they looked into it and said there was some sort of error and asked me to resubmit the invoices, which I did. 3 separate invoices for a fairly large amount of money.

Two more weeks go by and last Wednesday I follow up again, and they apologize for yet another mixup and assure me the 3 invoices would be paid and mailed to me last Friday.

Mail comes in today, and it’s a check... for the 3rd invoice only, still leaving me $900 short of what I’m owed.

Unbelievable.

would you settle for priority points or diced onions on the hot dogs at baseball games?

MTfrog5

Unbelievable. I am so disappointed and I hope they don’t treat their other vendors with such poor service.
Yikes. I mean it’s not really that hard

netty2424

PSA: if you haven't checked out the Comptroller's unclaimed money site, claimittexas.org, you really should. I found I had a nice little bit of money that was owed to me at some point. Not enough to buy an eastside suite, but damn it's nice to add to the savings account for once.
How does this work? I see multiple claims from my current employer?

I actually remember receiving these letters in the mail, contacted my company, and was told they were phishing letters?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Purp

This should give you the info you need. I was skeptical too. But this is direct from the texas.gov site.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/about/media-center/news/2017/171218-unclaimed-property.php

P.S. good luck, may fortune smile on you!
I've benefited from this before too. My uncle found out about it years ago and, after taking care of his stuff, checked on other family member's names to see if any of us were owed anything. Sure enough he found a few of them up there for me and called to alert me. It was really quick and easy.

jake102

PSA: if you haven't checked out the Comptroller's unclaimed money site, claimittexas.org, you really should. I found I had a nice little bit of money that was owed to me at some point. Not enough to buy an eastside suite, but damn it's nice to add to the savings account for once.

Thanks. Have a few hundred coming my way. And found some relatives on there.

tcudoc

Insurance companies use this ploy hoping you will just give up. I suspect TCU is just trying to cut expenses a bit. Be persistent.