• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Brady’s great, but he’s playing in a kinder and gentler game.

ExcitableTastyBlackbird-small.gif

That same hit is legal today.

You'll never convince me that Tom Brady has anywhere close to the career he's had if Bill Belichick isn't his coach. I think Bill Belichick is the GOAT and everyone who's ever played for him owes his success to him. No doubt Brady's career stats are impressive; especially the playoff numbers. But he doesn't get near as many opportunities without that coach and I suspect his success rate with a different coach would be far lower.

Joe Montana/Bill Walsh is another QB/coach relationship that gave us a QB with great career numbers who is confused as one of the greatest ever.

If I'm going to call a QB the GOAT he's got to be irreplaceable on his team. If there were a WAR stat for football players it would be a big part of this evaluation for me. When Matt Cassell, Jimmy Goropolo, and whatever other 3rd string schmucks lace them up for the Patriots and still win games it tells me there's a LOT more to that story than Tom Brady. I'll give credit that he consistently never wets the bed in big moments, but I think his coach has more to do with that than he does.

Bill Belichick is un-darnin-believable.

So either Brady or Belichick is the GOAT? It's either/or? Why can't both be the GOAT in their respective roles?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Not sure. I can ask around, but don't know what I'll hear back. IF I hear something, I'll PM you. Those box seats are reserved years in advance. Some of the same families or partners have had them for generations. Not sure if it's by night, etc., but it is like the lower bowl seats at the National Finals Rodeo. (insane, but cool).

Not sure how they will do it when they move into the new Dickies arena next year. I'll be ordering next years tickets when they open the reservations, which is before summer, I think.

Also, don't forget that you can look at the 2 pm rodeos on Sat and Sunday ( and other days, I think, as well).
Yeah. This year it is tough to get box seats since it's the last year in the Coliseum. Willing to pay 100 each.

jake102

Belichick was 41-57 as an NFL head coach before Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe. In other words, he hadn’t done jack [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] until TB came along. I don’t know what more clear evidence someone needs to understand that BB is riding TBs coattails much more than the other way around.

I think they are both great (Brady the GOAT player and Belichick the GOAT coach) but I would take Brady way before Belichick

netty2424

Stock Show Update -
As is custom, we are well into our adventures at the Fort Worth Stock Show. Western Heritage weekend was this past weekend, so, as do many, we stay in Fort Worth the whole weekend. The Marriott Courtyard on Riverside, which my family has used since I was a student, is still a good hotel. You walk in and it is decorated with the TCU brand. I saw a long time Kf.c lurker there.

The Ranch Rodeo and various horse/cattle show/competition classes were great this weekend. The working cow horse classes (more high speed and interesting than it sounds) were top notch and the best of the west ranch horse sale was incredible as always. Both champion and reserve went for over $30 grand. And, since that auction is immediatly after the show that ranks 'em out, I can assure you the geldings were worth it. Strong, good cow sense, gentle natured, fast and smooth travel. The buyers will make that money back in work and competition returns. All 15 lots (one was scratched) were incredible. Amazing to truly look at that 15 best ranch horses in the country at work.

It is a great Stock Show this year. Last year in Will Rogers before they go across campus to Dickies.

Be sure and head out there and enjoy it with your family. Lots of good livestock for the kids to view. And plenty of ag education to keep their interest.

They don't have this in Waco.
We were planning on going last weekend and both kids woke up with snotty noses and caughing. Nice little Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Wexahu

I think they are both great (Brady the GOAT player and Belichick the GOAT coach) but I would take Brady way before Belichick

I think they are both great too but Brady’s greatness, leadership and approach to the game is what allows Belichick to coach the way he does and make it work. I think there were similar parallels between Popovich and Duncan in SA. Both great but Duncan was more important. Everyone else stepped in line behind Duncan which allowed Popovich to do what he did.