• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

mcdaddy

I grew up using “hot sauce” to refer to salsa, and still do occasionally, though I know it’s not correct. As for Pace, I don’t mind it on eggs, and we use it to cook some (chicken breasts and pace cooked in a crockpot, then shredded, is great in enchiladas, quesadillas or tortilla soup). It’s also an easy way to make tex-mex rice. But it has no place on a chip. Clint’s hot or homemade is just about all I’ll eat at home.
It seems like all the "Mexican" restaurants in the deep South have an appetizer referred to as "Cheese Dip." I don't think they know how to spell queso.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
4 tomatoes cut in quarters - I use vine ripened
6-8 cloves of garlic peeled
2 yellow onions cut in small wedges
2-3 Jalepenos
1-2 Serranos
1-2 Habeneros
1/4 cup olive or avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
1 lime
Couple teaspoons salt
Teaspoonish cumin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and throw veggies on it, then drizzle oil on veggies.

Broil veggies for 10 or 15 mins until charred.

Transfer veggies to Vitamix (which I use) or food processor and add salt and cumin. Pulse until chunky.

Add cilantro and juice from one lime and pulse more.

Season to taste until happy.

I like to double or triple this recipe depending on serving size needed.

Also I like really hot salsa so if you or guests aren’t a fan then I’d dial back the peppers.

Frog-in-law1995

It seems like all the "Mexican" restaurants in the deep South have an appetizer referred to as "Cheese Dip." I don't think they know how to spell queso.

Honestly, might make more sense that way. My aa’s first language is Spanish. The look of confusion that washed over her when the office Christmas luncheon potluck signup sheet went around and she saw both “cheese” and “queso” was priceless.

MTfrog5

I was parking at Nothpark Mall for lunch today. When I got out of my truck I noticed a really nice ‘64 Sport Fury parked next to me. The owner had just got in his car so I waved for him to pull out so I could look at it. The car sounded amazing when he started to pull out. When he waved back, I noticed it was John Wiley Price.
Why that doesn’t surprise me

TCURiggs

I’m not some salsa idiot, I’m somewhat of a salsa snob actually. I make quite a bit of my own salsa and go buy salsas from various Mexican restaurants because I struggle finding good store salsa.

That being said, Pace is not “good salsa”, but it goes damn good with a bag of Tostitos. I will sit down and crush half a bag of Tostitos with Pace Medium.

And piggybacking off Shorty’s talking about his wife’s nostalgic feelings towards Pace. I love Cool Ranch Doritos and Pace. No one else eats this combination, but for whatever reason I picked it up as a kid and it’s still a guilty pleasure of mine.

That's gangster, bruh

SnoSki

I was parking at Nothpark Mall for lunch today. When I got out of my truck I noticed a really nice ‘64 Sport Fury parked next to me. The owner had just got in his car so I waved for him to pull out so I could look at it. The car sounded amazing when he started to pull out. When he waved back, I noticed it was John Wiley Price.

Must be on his way to the snake farm

talor

North Park between Thanksgiving and Christmas is like the 7th Circle of Hell.

Oh and screw JWP, that dude is a crook.

ftwfrog

My go to is quinoa chips dipped lightly in puréed tomatoes. Sometimes I melt non dairy cheese on them as well. But not often. I don’t like to get rowdy too frequently.
Better than Tostitos and Pace.

In all honesty, I haven’t found a better store salsa than Julio’s in the refrigeration section. Yellow tub. Hot damn it’s addicting.

HFrog1999

Anyone know the proper amount of green peas to add to guacamole?

About this much.....

giphy.gif