• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

Medical Note:

For the olds or someday olds, I got the Shingles vaccine double shot (3 months apart). I know exactly Zip about shingles but my dad was struck with them & told shivering stories about the burning suffering, almost as bad as the freezing double pneumonia he came down with at Bastogne. So when the vaccine came out I pushed for & got it from my family doc.

But.

If you do get the vaccine be prepared to do Nothing the next 2 days after. Knocked me on my butt & stuck in 1st gear for 48 hours definitely not my thanngg.
"...the shingles virus is already inside you."
-Merck CEO

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I only had German measles as a kid. When I volunteered at Seton Med Center Hays (Kyle) in 2009, the occupational health nurse drew blood for a titer test. I ended up getting an MMR, Chicken pox vaccination (x2) and Hep B vaccination (x5). Then, in March I got ..... shingles. On the back/left side of my neck. The only thing I can deduce is that there must have been some live virus in the shots. So, I'm hesitant about getting the shingles shot, especially now after reading Shadow Frog's post.

GeoFrog

Medical Note:

For the olds or someday olds, I got the Shingles vaccine double shot (3 months apart). I know exactly Zip about shingles but my dad was struck with them & told shivering stories about the burning suffering, almost as bad as the freezing double pneumonia he came down with at Bastogne. So when the vaccine came out I pushed for & got it from my family doc.

But.

If you do get the vaccine be prepared to do Nothing the next 2 days after. Knocked me on my butt & stuck in 1st gear for 48 hours definitely not my thanngg.

Wait...are you Terry Bradshaw?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Wait...are you Terry Bradshaw?
I’m no football player.
I was a band geek.

tcudoc - your opinion, is the peer science there or is it just Merck sales pressure?

Quilter - as a Navy gal, did you ever have to get the dreaded “peanut butter” shot? As an ex-USAF, I was completely unaware of this golf ball pain until I saw a short video on it. Yikes!!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I’m no football player.
I was a band geek.

tcudoc - your opinion, is the peer science there or is it just Merck sales pressure?

Quilter - as a Navy gal, did you ever have to get the dreaded “peanut butter” shot? As an ex-USAF, I was completely unaware of this golf ball pain until I saw a short video on it. Yikes!!
The peanut butter shot is the only time to be glad you’re allergic to penicillin.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The peanut butter shot is the only time to be glad you’re allergic to penicillin.
Concur, thank God I am penicillin allergic. If you want/need a laugh via some realistic military humor, I present to you the lovely & talented Captain Shannon Corbeil, former USAF, click the link, may have to scroll down a bit to the KEEP READING link then scroll to the video link.

Worth it.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/humor/why-the-most-dreaded-injection-is-called-the-peanut-butter-shot

SnoSki

Now the problem in town is a bank robbery with three shooting victims off Merrick street near como on the Westside...
Real close to where J Sauce and I used to rent a place. It was a good house and find street with a cop next door but we won’t say it was pedestrian friendly late at night.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I’m no football player.
I was a band geek.

Glad to say, I never got that one.