• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

It’s literally 110 degrees right now.

scheiss.

This.

[ steaming pile of Orgeron ].
Seriously???
This after you railed on me for mentioning the heat at the Colonial this year?! :)

For real thought, this weather sucks. I had a spot on the highway yesterday that registered 115 on the outside temp on the truck's screen. So everybody make sure to check your tire pressure. And fluids.

Mean Purple

Mean Purple is SO right.
And the AL folks take it out on errebody.
Example: I was forced to attend an Officer class for 5 weeks at Maxwell AFB. On the drive in from Arlington I stopped for gas at a local yokel pump inside the state line. I get the usual queer eye from porch dudes.

You ain’t from around here are ya?
No I’m Air Force on my way to school,
Well who ya like, bama or Auburn?
Well, neither, I’m from Texas and I went to TCU.
That don’t matter nuthin’ , which you like here, bama or Auburn?
I think I hear my car phone ringing.
Yeah you better get on up the road stranger.

I had a guy throw a beer bottle at me in downtown Hot Springs one fall. Obviously a Hog fan.
Not thinking, I was wearing an Auburn cap... on a day that Auburn beat the Hogs.
For the record, had the guy asked me, I would have yelled "War Dayum Eagle", cursed the Bear...all while shooting gravel from the tires.

Mean Purple

Mean Purple is SO right.
And the AL folks take it out on errebody.
Example: I was forced to attend an Officer class for 5 weeks at Maxwell AFB. On the drive in from Arlington I stopped for gas at a local yokel pump inside the state line. I get the usual queer eye from porch dudes.

You ain’t from around here are ya?
No I’m Air Force on my way to school,
Well who ya like, bama or Auburn?
Well, neither, I’m from Texas and I went to TCU.
That don’t matter nuthin’ , which you like here, bama or Auburn?
I think I hear my car phone ringing.
Yeah you better get on up the road stranger.

What do some people in alabama and flies have in common?

Purp

As a person who has followed SEC football for some time, as well as being familiar with the nonsense of the Springdale "moms club" up in Arky, my guess it was one of the new Auburn fans from Springdale High land that began liking Auburn when Gus got hired. IF indeed they are serious. They could just being doing a bit on Auburn fans. Which, is a pretty realistic bit in a manner of speaking.

That said, The minute Auburn beat Bama, Gus was no longer feeling heat. AND he knew he was going to get better recruits at Auburn and he had a returning qb for the first time in a long while. So everybody and their dog knew he was not leaving in December. Before the Iron Bowl, Auburn fans were starting to question the Gus Bus. After the Iron Bowl, they were scared he would take the Arky job. (Which he has wanted for years but knows can be a bigger risk than the Auburn job. In part, due to the crap storm he caused when he was under Nutt.)

Some Auburn fans have the worst little brother complex on earth.

If you don't follow SEC football and were not raised in a family is follows the Auburn/bammer rivalry closely, consider yourself fortunate.
While I was in college my preacher in high school (a Baylor guy) had moved to a church in Huntsville, AL. I went up there for a week one summer to see a few friends and went to his church that Sunday.

When I got there his wife greeted me and he came over and we chatted for a while. Then he asked me if I was more of a Bama or Auburn fan. I told him, "Auburn I guess bc Bama stole our coach a couple years ago." He said, "Okay, you should sit on the right side of the center aisle then."

I understood better when I got into the auditorium and saw Bama gear on the left and War Eagle gear on the right. At church. They couldn't even come together at church. Crazy darners, the lot of them.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
While I was in college my preacher in high school (a Baylor guy) had moved to a church in Huntsville, AL. I went up there for a week one summer to see a few friends and went to his church that Sunday.

When I got there his wife greeted me and he came over and we chatted for a while. Then he asked me if I was more of a Bama or Auburn fan. I told him, "Auburn I guess bc Bama stole our coach a couple years ago." He said, "Okay, you should sit on the right side of the center aisle then."

I understood better when I got into the auditorium and saw Bama gear on the left and War Eagle gear on the right. At church. They couldn't even come together at church. Crazy darners, the lot of them.
Honestly surprised they didn't have separate churches.