• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

We’ve discussed that I love Fulham, and will root for them, but you could just about hit a golf ball from Craven Cottage to Stamford Bridge (which is on Fulham Road). Silly for them to be in the same division.
No way. Chelsea can go to the special place in hell it belongs. Fulham and Tottenham will both be better for it.

SnoSki

No way. Chelsea can go to the special place in hell it belongs.

did-somebody-hurt.jpg

GeoFrog

Anyone know a good campground located somewhat halfway between Fort Worth and Austin and good for young kids?

Tent or Camper/RV? I'd check some of the County/Lake/River Authority Parks in addition to the State Parks. We've had more luck with that and private campgrounds over the state parks on availability. If you are looking to stay close I-35, there are a couple of lakes outside Temple/Belton that may have camping. Like someone else mentioned, 281 will have more to offer, but also starts getting you pretty far West. I guess it all depends on how scenic or how far off the beaten path you want to go. If you give me a little more info, I could give some more specific recommendations, but be warned, they'll probably involve some sort of geologic interest.

Edit: Must have book, IMO.

1707030._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Tent or Camper/RV? I'd check some of the County/Lake/River Authority Parks in addition to the State Parks. We've had more luck with that and private campgrounds over the state parks on availability. If you are looking to stay close I-35, there are a couple of lakes outside Temple/Belton that may have camping. Like someone else mentioned, 281 will have more to offer, but also starts getting you pretty far West. I guess it all depends on how scenic or how far off the beaten path you want to go. If you give me a little more info, I could give some more specific recommendations, but be warned, they'll probably involve some sort of geologic interest.

Edit: Must have book, IMO.

1707030._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg
Tents. 281 is perfect. Any recs appreciated.

Frog-in-law1995

Anyone know a good campground located somewhat halfway between Fort Worth and Austin and good for young kids?

Ha, leaving tomorrow for weekend cub scout camping at Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose. It’s great...the boys always love it. Cleburne State Park is also good because you can fish their lake without a license (same with Mineral Wells SP, which is our normal spot, but not closer to Austin). If you have BSA Longhorn Council connections, Camp Schuler on Lake Whitney (in Riggs hometown) and Camp Tahuaya just past Temple are nice spots too.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Sorta.
Garner State Park, in Hill Country northwest of San Antonio, make reservations Early for rustic cabins, on the Frio river, tubing, canoeing, swimming, tree rope swings, nearby horse rides, nature trails, nightly gather to dance to local jukebox.
Lotsa good memories from childhood.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/garner

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Sorta.
Garner State Park, in Hill Country northwest of San Antonio, make reservations Early for rustic cabins, on the Frio river, tubing, canoeing, swimming, tree rope swings, nearby horse rides, nature trails, nightly gather to dance to local jukebox.
Lotsa good memories from childhood.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/garner
Yep. Found that one. Looked great. All booked for May as most of the state parks are.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Ha, leaving tomorrow for weekend cub scout camping at Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose. It’s great...the boys always love it. Cleburne State Park is also good because you can fish their lake without a license (same with Mineral Wells SP, which is our normal spot, but not closer to Austin). If you have BSA Longhorn Council connections, Camp Schuler on Lake Whitney (in Riggs hometown) and Camp Tahuaya just past Temple are nice spots too.
You 1 upper you.

Frog-in-law1995

Meridian State Park in Bosque County has availability in May (at least the weekend of May 19-20...not gonna search the whole month). They have an enclosed lake as well, so you can fish on it with no license.

Latest posts