• The KillerFrogs

Guess the Frogs Ranking

CountryFrog

Please GP, no more of these meaningless games. Yes, most of the SEC schedules 2 of them a year, but they have rigged the system for more than 25 years.

That said -
Considering teams move up at times after a bye week (and down), I still think we will be #24.
There's not a single SEC team that schedules 2 of these per year.

CountryFrog

#20 Washington played a body bag. And lost.
This is exactly why I don't have a problem with playing Duquesne or Southern or some other terrible FCS. You're not going to get a single bit of credit for beating any of them but if you schedule a good one and have a close win or even a loss then you get destroyed for it.

And of course when I say I don't have a problem with it then I only mean that in the context of Gary always wanting to play an FCS school. Like most fans, I'd much rather play 3 legit OOC schools and not have any of these FCS matchups. But I don't understand the use in complaining about it at this point because as long as CGP is the coach then we're getting one of these games.

froglash88

There's not a single SEC team that schedules 2 of these per year.
Maybe not FCS (or Duquesne), but definitely lower level body bag games. Most schedule 2 and some schedule 3, with one in the last quarter of the season. A few examples this year:

Tennessee: Bowling Green, Tennessee Tech & South Alabama

Kentucky: UL Monroe, Chattanooga & New Mexico State

Arkansas: Georgia Southern & Arkansas Pine Bluff

Auburn: Alabama State & Georgia State

LSU: McNeese & UL Monroe

Ole Miss: Austin Peay & Liberty

South Carolina: Eastern Illinois & Troy

Texas A & M: Kent State & Prairie View A & M

CountryFrog

Maybe not FCS (or Duquesne), but definitely lower level body bag games. Most schedule 2 and some schedule 3, with one in the last quarter of the season. A few examples this year:

Tennessee: Bowling Green, Tennessee Tech & South Alabama

Kentucky: UL Monroe, Chattanooga & New Mexico State

Arkansas: Georgia Southern & Arkansas Pine Bluff

Auburn: Alabama State & Georgia State

LSU: McNeese & UL Monroe

Ole Miss: Austin Peay & Liberty

South Carolina: Eastern Illinois & Troy

Texas A & M: Kent State & Prairie View A & M
That's certainly fair in terms of SEC scheduling. The other thing they do is almost never play true road games against good P5 opponents. It's almost exclusively home games or "neutral site" within the SEC footprint. So I'm not defending their scheduling.

Still, though, none of this qualifies as every single SEC team scheduling 2 FCS schools per year which is what your first post seemed like was being insinuated.

froglash88

The college football rankings won't get released on Sunday as usual because Week 1 of the 2021 season extends all the way through Labor Day on Monday night when Ole Miss and Louisville will face off in Atlanta. So while we won't be able to make our usual AP Top 25 projections in our normal "Tomorrow's Top 25 Today" column, we can certainly identify movement that is sure to occur once the new rankings are released Tuesday.

NewFrogFan

What kills me is the stacking of all the sec schools early on so when they lose 1 or 2 they stay ranked.

Then everyone crows about beating a ranked team and the rpi gets built up.

I have to hand it to them. They have manipulated the system the past 25 years.

ESPN is killing the sport. The conference realignments will finish it off. I have found the quality of my recent retirement is not affected at all with no professional sport interest…..at all. YMMV.

hiphopfroggy

You called it exactly!!!
We dropped from 28 to 33.

Behind Liberty?

Liberty?!?!?

What the actual $*@&

200.gif