• The KillerFrogs

Grambling NOT hiring Art Briles as OC

FrogBall09

HBCU's going all in, no holds barred across the board to push for relevance - interesting to see if they can continue to push forward given the changing dynamic from NIL and the fact that offering players a chance to win NC becoming less relevant than offering big $$$ or if they shoot their wad in the face of everything else happening across college football

Last edited:

froggy

HBCU's going all in, no holds barred across the board to push for relevance - interesting to see if they can continue to push forward given the changing dynamic from NIL and offering players a chance to win NC becoming less relevant than offering big $$$ or if they shoot their wad in the face of everything else happening across college football
Hbcu?

asleep003

If Briles was always bending the rules on the field at Stephenville and again at TT, via a ref who officiated his games at both levels... what would make anyone believe he would keep it straight/behave with an HBCU school... while throwing in the Baylor debacle too.?.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Virginia Frog

Historically Black College or University - it is a group of 107 schools but the best known tend to either be Howard or Spelman for academics or the members of the SWAC conference for athletics and their well known bands.
Over the years you've probably heard fund raising appeals for "The United Negro College Fund." That was/is a collective fund raising effort for 37 of the HBSCs. The HBSC acronym which has been used for years, has more recently come to the forefront as the public identity of all of these schools.

Howard in DC is the #1 academic HBSC (VP Kamala Harris, novelist Tony Morrison, and musicians like Roberta Flack and Puff Daddy/Sean Combs - who didn't graduate but has been a prominent supporter.)

Moorehouse College in Atlanta is the alma matter of Dr. King and is a very prestigious HBCU. A football alum there is John David Washington, Denzel's son and star of the film "BlacKkKlansman" - a must see IMO.

My old football coach Herman Boone was bachelors and masters grad of NC Central in Durham. My #1 fav teacher in HS Mrs. Chase was a grad of Virginia State in Petersburg. A great lady she was!

HG73

Over the years you've probably heard fund raising appeals for "The United Negro College Fund." That was/is a collective fund raising effort for 37 of the HBSCs. The HBSC acronym which has been used for years, has more recently come to the forefront as the public identity of all of these schools.

Howard in DC is the #1 academic HBSC (VP Kamala Harris, novelist Tony Morrison, and musicians like Roberta Flack and Puff Daddy/Sean Combs - who didn't graduate but has been a prominent supporter.)

Moorehouse College in Atlanta is the alma matter of Dr. King and is a very prestigious HBCU. A football alum there is John David Washington, Denzel's son and star of the film "BlacKkKlansman" - a must see IMO.

My old football coach Herman Boone was bachelors and masters grad of NC Central in Durham. My #1 fav teacher in HS Mrs. Chase was a grad of Virginia State in Petersburg. A great lady she was!
A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

FrogPreacher

Morehouse.

FrogCop19

Whoa, whoa, hold up there...you played for Herman Boone? Before, after, or during the 1971 season???