• The KillerFrogs

GP / Offensive Coordinator's Game Plan

Paint It Purple

Prince of Purpoole said:
I thought so too. That they chose to run, I understand...hell, that may be a huge factor in the win but the particulsr play I didn't love.
Be interested to know from those at the game if the pitch was open, because it looked on TV like TB's decision to keep was wrong read.

rifram09

I'm glad we didn't do some sort of triple reverse throwback to the left tackle play on that 3d and goal. Not that I have a problem necessarily with the trick plays earlier in the game. I just wanted us to line up and play football down there in crunch time. Their d was on their heels. I'm glad we ran it on 3rd. Tech's d just made a play.

BABYFACE

Paint It Purple said:
Be interested to know from those at the game if the pitch was open, because it looked on TV like TB's decision to keep was wrong read.
Agree, from what it looked like on the tube

Ron Swanson

Paint It Purple said:
RB was covered on the pitch. On the replay you could see the defender coming in the left side of the screen at the last minute.

Waccy Frog

Jake102 said:
Yeah neither option was open. He made the smart and safe play. Bad play call
Why? Because it didn't work? For every play that doesn't work out there's at least one asshat to declare "bad call!"

jake102

Waccy Frog said:
Why? Because it didn't work? For every play that doesn't work out there's at least one asshat to declare "bad call!"
No, because we had two chances to score.

Why run a play where Boykin only has two pre defined options? Give him four or five wide and let him pass or run. Option is far too limited for the situation we were in

netty2424

Jake102 said:
No, because we had two chances to score.

Why run a play where Boykin only has two pre defined options? Give him four or five wide and let him pass or run. Option is far too limited for the situation we were in
Obviously you increase probability with more options as you're stating, but that's a play we run well and that Boykin has scored on many times.

I think it falls into one if those high probability score plays that was defended perfectly. Not a bad call, just better defense.

MinFrog

In regards to UT, I say play hurry up. We are a much better offense and our def needs Reps.

Let the offense score quickly and give our young defenders as many Reps as possible against a Medicore offense.

rifram09

MinFrog said:
In regards to UT, I say play hurry up. We are a much better offense and our def needs Reps.

Let the offense score quickly and give our young defenders as many Reps as possible against a Medicore offense.
Agree with the bold part, but I have a different justification. I'm not sure how bad their offense will look when they play our D. I just want to score quickly and get a couple of possessions ahead of them. If we can get to a 3 possession lead, I'd be happy to trade blows with them until the clock runs out.

I don't want to be in another shootout with 9 lead changes. Score quick, get in front, and don't stop. Let the d work out the kinks while we have a big lead.

Volare

Rifram09 said:
Agree with the bold part, but I have a different justification. I'm not sure how bad their offense will look when they play our D. I just want to score quickly and get a couple of possessions ahead of them. If we can get to a 3 possession lead, I'd be happy to trade blows with them until the clock runs out.

I don't want to be in another shootout with 9 lead changes. Score quick, get in front, and don't stop. Let the d work out the kinks while we have a big lead.

This. The other big advantage to this plan is it takes the Big 12 Idiot Officials out of it.

Ron Swanson

Rifram09 said:

I prefer big leads as well... always have

westoverhillbilly

EdKamen said:
I'm just glad they didn't try that corner fade to Doctson on fourth down -- 50-50 chance, which is low percentage with the game on the line.
Me too.. No chance for your running back to scoop up a tipped ball and come down in bounds on a corner fade..