• The KillerFrogs

GP / Offensive Coordinator's Game Plan

Paint It Purple

The obvious calculation to run a slow down offense vs hurry up to insulate the defense. Sorta like a basketball slowdown offense. Time of possession was big in Frog's favor. Sorry if already discussed.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Several times the announcers commented on the fact that we were going slower than we typically do. No surprise at all considering the injuries an attrition to the D. 

f_399

I think we could have scored on 1st/2nd and goal...

I don't think they wanted to though, to run the clock.

I think it was obvious whoever had the ball left with enough time would have won

helcap

I think we could have scored on 1st/2nd and goal...

I don't think they wanted to though, to run the clock.

I think it was obvious whoever had the ball left with enough time would have won
Ah, the old Eli Manning approach

y2kFrog

We still ran 103 plays, which is A LOT. I think we may pick up the pace against Texas. Their offense isn't near as scary as others in the Big 12 plus we will be at home. A good team plays as fast or as slow as they want.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
The slow down approach was well calculated, with our young defense it was really the only option, great great job by our staff yesterday

talor

GP needs better clock management skills at crunch time.  It cost us the Baylor game last year and it nearly cost us this game.  The spike on 1st down with 2 timeouts left was a total waste of a crucial down, and Green bailed out TCU big time on a miracle 4th down.  

Great win, but these small things could be too much for this team to overcome.

berryfrog95

Talor said:
The spike on 1st down with 2 timeouts left was a total waste of a crucial down, and Green bailed out TCU big time on a miracle 4th down.  

Great win,
Yep, should've never came down to 4th down....don't spike that ball...keep the clock going and use your TOs after run plays or passes underneath or short of endzone......

BABYFACE

Volare said:
3rd down call before the miracle 4th down was atrocious.
But if that doesn't happen. Tech has almost a minute to mount a comeback.

While I was watching the game, I mentioned that it might be better for TCU to run on 3rd down and not get in and thus run the clock down before scoring on 4th down. I drew some stares from our group.

BABYFACE

Chico Dusty said:
Just thought about this...maybe I missed something, but why did we spike it on the last drive with 2 timeouts left? That down almost cost us...
Agreed. I also commented on this at the time if it. Was not necessary and really wanted the clock to run.

EdKamen

I'm just glad they didn't try that corner fade to Doctson on fourth down -- 50-50 chance, which is low percentage with the game on the line.

Latest posts