• The KillerFrogs

GP might have to do with SRob what he did with Dalton

Eight

A smidge goes to SC... He learned how to use KH and worked with his deficiencies. But I think he was able to do that because of Chris Thomsen. Our OL did us no favors in 2016.

Chris Thomsen is the root of my jump to conclusion on the staff needs. We see what a good coach can do to an abysmal part of our team. And right now, it seems we lack at QB development and WR development. Let's do what we did with the OL and get some people on staff that can focus on those groups.

as i said in another thread, there are certain staff members that basically have tenure as long as gary is the hc.

gary is going to do what what is going to do and he rewards loyalty to he and the program. not bashing people or calling for coaches jobs.

sonny knows the situation and there will not be a change until one of those tenured staffers leaves or gary sees the need for a change.

CountryFrog

A smidge goes to SC... He learned how to use KH and worked with his deficiencies. But I think he was able to do that because of Chris Thomsen. Our OL did us no favors in 2016.

Chris Thomsen is the root of my jump to conclusion on the staff needs. We see what a good coach can do to an abysmal part of our team. And right now, it seems we lack at QB development and WR development. Let's do what we did with the OL and get some people on staff that can focus on those groups.
I agree Thomsen is a good coach. He's only been here one year though so it seems odd that you only need to see one good year from him but SC has had great QB play 2 years and really good in a 3rd year but you don't think he's doing a good job.

arlington

I think the benching for turnovers is an archaic way of thinking/coaching. It can do more harm than good, and if you study sports psychology, you would agree. I think the only way a QB should sit is if he lost his job to the guy behind him. If #3 is having issues reading the defense, or whatever the issue is - you think having him worry about coach yanking him because he made a mistake will help? It will just add to the list of things he’s trying to process. You want someone as talented as him to play light and free and let it rip. Sure he is going to make mistakes, but if you truly trust and believe in his talent, then you gotta ride with that and let him figure it out on the field. If if he can’t, find a permanent replacement.

Chico I respectfully disagree. If his psyche can't handle getting benched then he's not the guy we need anyways. I'm more concerned about the psyche of my defense to constantly have to go back on the field on quick change to defend our goalline. 2 pick 6 in 2 games.Several other turnovers. Throwing late to wide open receivers. Eyeballing receivers. A turnover inside our territory off a lineman ass. I realize a lot of guys make mistakes but his have been HUGE!! 2 straight games he has taken us from the lead to a deficit in minutes. That's deflating. You earn your right to stay on the field SR has zero skins on the wall to deserve your stay out there and cost us games till he figures it out IMO