• The KillerFrogs

"Good job, Big 12" - in case anybody forgot

Deep Purple

Don't have a strong opinion about this one way or the other, but I'm baffled at the posters who keep referring to the Baylor players as "kids."  Kids?

They're adults.  They can vote.  They can serve on a jury.  They have full adult privacy rights, full adult responsibility in regard to the law.  Some are married, some even have kids of their own.
At their age, my father was halfway around the world and had been at war for two years.  They've obviously mastered adult language in taunting their opponents.  If they're adult enough to dish it out, they're certainly adult enough to take it.

Also baffled at those who are embarrassed by the TCU guy in the video.  Yeah, he was a d-bag, but why be embarrassed?  He doesn't represent you.  He doesn't represent me.  He only represents himself.  He's the only one who should feel embarrassed.

Man, sensitivity is great, but there's such a thing as being so thin-skinned you're practically hemophiliac.  The slightest touch and you bleed yourself out.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
BrewingFrog said:
Not embarrassing at all. I happened to be sitting over there with friends before the game, when Baylor was coming down the ramp, and they were quite loud and mouthy, chanting variations on "BIG XII! Yeah! We're gonna kick your asses! BIG XII, baby!" and so on. Emphasis on the BIGXII aspect, as in the usual TCU is a small school, in a small conference, and doesn't know anything at all about BIGXII football.

They were far more subdued trudging up the ramp at halftime.

The [John Wylie Price]-beating that was the 2nd half? Well, they were even less than pleased when the game was over. That ramp must have been awfully steep.

lolz at this "they did it so we did it back" grow up

Moose Stuff

Deep Purple said:
Don't have a strong opinion about this one way or the other, but I'm baffled at the posters who keep referring to the Baylor players as "kids."  Kids?

They're adults.  They can vote.  They can serve on a jury.  They have full adult privacy rights, full adult responsibility in regard to the law.  Some are married, some even have kids of their own.
At their age, my father was halfway around the world and had been at war for two years.  They've obviously mastered adult language in taunting their opponents.  If they're adult enough to dish it out, they're certainly adult enough to take it.

Also baffled at those who are embarrassed by the TCU guy in the video.  Yeah, he was a d-bag, but why be embarrassed?  He doesn't represent you.  He doesn't represent me.  He only represents himself.  He's the only one who should feel embarrassed.

Man, sensitivity is great, but there's such a thing as being so thin-skinned you're practically hemophiliac.  The slightest touch and you bleed yourself out.
You ought to apply the thinking from your last paragraph to yourself the next time someone disagrees with you.

jake102

Deep Purple said:

I especially agree with this. Every time something comes up we refer to them as "kids". They are far from it.

Ron Swanson

froginmn said:
I'm not comfortable with the heckling of kids, especially by someone who didn't play the game.

Be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat.

I don't care that others will disagree; I personally find it embarrassing. After the Rose Bowl I was walking out and two [Cowherd]s were heckling the Badger fans. I have lots of hate for Badger fans but it was embarrassing.

Just shut up and enjoy the fact that football players at our school just won the game. And remember that you had nothing to do with it.

I would never talk trash to fans walking out of a game, unless the fans were someone I had an encounter with before the game, and they had it coming.  I don't do pre or post-game sports trash-talk anymore, I did it in HS and grew out of it.  I even go out of my ay to chastise TCu fans if I see them being jerks to opposing fans.

Now, I'm all about being respectful to other fans, because I learned how much poorly-timed trash talk gets under my skin and how much I can hate opposing fans when they do it to me.  It can completely change how I feel about someone or a fan base, and I try to act in a manner that will shine a good light on TCU fans.  I go out of my way to chat up opposing fans before and after a game and tell them how I think they played great and how nice their fans have been, etc... because I want to give opposing fans a good impression of TCU fans.

THAT BEING SAID... I would've had no problem talking trash to those doosh bags after their pre-game antics and how they acted on the field.  You act like a doosh bag, and I have no problem returning the favor.

Like I said earlier in the thread... if you talked trash to all of your Baylor co-workers all week long before this Saturday's game, just telling them how terrible their school was and how we were gonna destroy them, and we ended up getting our arse whipped, would you be expect to be able to walk back into the office next Monday like nothing happened?

Of course not, and that's why I didn't one say one negative thing to any of my Sooner co-workers last week and why I'm not saying one negative to any of my Baylor co-workers this week.  I'm wishing them luck and saying I hope the best team wins, etc...

Don't start Boat, won't be Boat.  Don't act like a doosh and you'll be deserving of respect.

Moose Stuff

Ron Swanson said:

I would never talk trash to fans walking out of a game, unless the fans were someone I had an encounter with before the game, and they had it coming.  I don't do pre or post-game sports trash-talk anymore, I did it in HS and grew out of it.  I even go out of my ay to chastise TCu fans if I see them being jerks to opposing fans.

Now, I'm all about being respectful to other fans, because I learned how much poorly-timed trash talk gets under my skin and how much I can hate opposing fans when they do it to me.  It can completely change how I feel about someone or a fan base, and I try to act in a manner that will shine a good light on TCU fans.  I go out of my way to chat up opposing fans before and after a game and tell them how I think they played great and how nice their fans have been, etc... because I want to give opposing fans a good impression of TCU fans.

THAT BEING SAID... I would've had no problem talking trash to those doosh bags after their pre-game antics and how they acted on the field.  You act like a doosh bag, and I have no problem returning the favor.

Like I said earlier in the thread... if you talked trash to all of your Baylor co-workers all week long before this Saturday's game, just telling them how terrible their school was and how we were gonna destroy them, and we ended up getting our arse whipped, would you be expect to be able to walk back into the office next Monday like nothing happened?

Of course not, and that's why I didn't one say one negative thing to any of my Sooner co-workers last week and why I'm not saying one negative to any of my Baylor co-workers this week.  I'm wishing them luck and saying I hope the best team wins, etc...

Don't start Boat, won't be Boat.  Don't act like a doosh and you'll be deserving of respect.
My basic rule is if you don't have the balls to say it to their face on the street don't yell it at them from the safety of the stands. And if you choose to then go ahead and assume that the majority of the people sitting around you have just judged you to be a human [ profanity ].

Reptilian

Judging by the bu players/coaches post game comments I have no remorse. The hecklers weren't yelling, weren't singling out players, no profanity or namecalling, etc.

BU players in the presser: it was a fluke; everyone knows TCU doesn't get the type of athletes we get...

Briles: for some reason they played with a lot of intensity; I don't know why they were so up for the game; not a rivalry; last game of the series. I don't see it being renewed in the near future; blah blah blah scheissing blah.

HG73

Sheesh.  The Baylor players asked for it by mouthing off before the game.  The fan just gave it back to them after the game, in a very low key manner.  The Baylor players conducted themselves properly.  The Baylor staff reacted almost violently and set a bad example for the players.  The Baylor staff should have been reprimanded by the university.

When you are on the road (visiting team) you should keep your mouth shut, play the game, and get out of the stadium quietly. Unless you want this type of situation.  

When I was in high school somebody from Haltom dropped a deuce on our team bus during the game.  Wasn't very pleasant when we arrived to go home.

MAcFroggy

I do not really think adults should be heckling college players, but I do not think it was that extreme of heckling.  No cursing, nothing offensive, and nothing really degrading.  I imagine players in major SEC stadiums hear worse every week.  The man should not have been doing that, but I think the Baylor coach looks the worst out of the two.

tcufrogprince1

Here is the excuses. They did it first, it wasn't that bad, they deserved it, other people do it and heckling is part of it. To all those answers, I don't give a rats behind. Is it somewhat funny? yes. Is it the biggest deal since the .99 McDonalds value deals? No. The point is, I expect better from us. This guy wore a TCU shirt and was at the game. He is representing TCU whether you like it or not. The video looks bad and is a bad reflection whether you like it or not. Heckling is fun just like doing donuts or egging or TPing a house, but it's immature and stupid. These weren't kids in the stands these were grown men. I could see the excuses if it was the college kids, but it's that it was adults that bugs me. Do unto others, be an adult, two wrongs don't make a right, etc. We have values at TCU and even things that I still find funny don't make them right. Defending it means you still have a lot of growing up to do.

MAcFroggy

tcufrogprince1 said:
Here is the excuses. They did it first, it wasn't that bad, they deserved it, other people do it and heckling is part of it. To all those answers, I don't give a rats behind. Is it somewhat funny? yes. Is it the biggest deal since the .99 McDonalds value deals? No. The point is, I expect better from us. This guy wore a TCU shirt and was at the game. He is representing TCU whether you like it or not. The video looks bad and is a bad reflection whether you like it or not. Heckling is fun just like doing donuts or egging or TPing a house, but it's immature and stupid. These weren't kids in the stands these were grown men. I could see the excuses if it was the college kids, but it's that it was adults that bugs me. Do unto others, be an adult, two wrongs don't make a right, etc. We have values at TCU and even things that I still find funny don't make them right. Defending it means you still have a lot of growing up to do.

Says the person who's interests include "your wife".

2314@work

Contributor
MAcFroggy said:

Says the person who's interests include "your wife".
ron-washington-geeksandcleats.jpg

Deep Purple

Moose Stuff said:
You ought to apply the thinking from your last paragraph to yourself the next time someone disagrees with you.

Disagreeing and opining au contraire on a discussion board isn't being hypersensitive.  That's what a discussion board is for.

Expressing embarrassment over the behavior of a solitary fan who doesn't represent you, me, or the university is being hypersensitive.

maximilian

Ron Swanson said:

No one was more disrespectful to us than Wisky fans before the Rose Bowl. Walking out of that game and hearing their stunned silence spoke volumes. I saw Badger fans post-game who were giving us crap pre-game; they walked off real quick. I didn't HAVE to say a word.

These fans in the video are immature precisely because of the beat-down we laid on them; you don't need to say anything at that point, unless you just want to flex and bring attention to yourself like a doosh.

The BU players were dumb for talking noise and the beatdown they received on the field is enough. 

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
I don't believe in talking smack as a fan and don't now.  My thing is this:  I don't talk smack if we lost 'cause we lost.  And I don't talk after a win because there is no need, scoreboard says it all.  The Baylor coach called out that TCU fan big time and shut him up when he said "come down here."  The guy bought his ticket and can talk all he wants but we should be better and rise above this stuff. 

Deep Purple

maximilian said:
No one was more disrespectful to us than Wisky fans before the Rose Bowl. Walking out of that game and hearing their stunned silence spoke volumes.

They weren't all silent afterwards.  As we were walking to our car, an outraged Badger fan got in my grill and said, "TCU still sucks!"

I just looked at him and said, "How does it feel to get your arse kicked by a team that sucks?"

In his drunken stupor, he didn't have a comeback, so I just moved on.

Latest posts